Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2022 9:33:02 PM EDT
Upgraded Colt LE6920, NF NX8 LPVO, KAC 200-600 meter BUIS, SSA trigger, H2 buffer, and SOPMOD stock. Chest harness is an Eagle checks rig with and addition of advanced IFAK and 3 pistol mag shingle.

IMI M193 gives me and average of 2MOA at a hundred, MK26 I can hold 1-.75 MOA if I’m doing my part.

Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:37:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Carbine gas and no suppressor. Your funeral. 4/10
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I’ll try to stay on your good side inside 350 yards. ??????
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:18:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks good to go OP.  I have no problem running a carbine gas system on a 16" carbine.  Not any real difference to me between a carbine length gas system and mid-length.  I have both and shoot both the same.  I do not have a silencer and do not want any NFA items.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:09:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Your paint?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:51:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
[b]  I do not have a silencer and do not want any NFA items.
View Quote

Ah, the impertinence of youth and in-experience.....

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
came to post this. a 14.5 I would accept no problem,  but extra power extraction in a combat situation might not be a bad thing, although its harder on brass and accelerates wear on parts.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 4:30:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:48:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Cool, you have opinions and along with a narrative that isn't true. 1/10

I like and prefer cans and mid length too but my Colt 11.5 has had zero problems using a carbine gas, and neither has my PSA 16" carbine gassed M4 either so there's that as well.

Link Posted: 5/8/2022 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#9]
OP, you have a fine rifle and have the basics down, so if what you have is your preference then you're at least doing something right.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Ignore the comments about carbine gas. You've got a great gun there. Go shoot the shit out of it and prove them wrong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Your paint?
View Quote

Rustoleum camo; khaki, OD, loam, black. Leaves I used from my red maple tree.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’ve got NFA an am currently working on a couple suppressors. But I am the poors right now…??
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:42:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I run an H2 buffer. Gas port on most Colt LE6920 rifles are around .62-.68. I think  that pretty good. Zero issues with it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
OP, you have a fine rifle and have the basics down, so if what you have is your preference then you're at least doing something right.
View Quote

It’s all good, no worries! I know a lot of people have their own preferences. I have middies, rifle, and carbine gas guns. They’re all good.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Rustoleum camo; khaki, OD, loam, black. Leaves I used from my red maple tree.
View Quote

Well done!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, age and wisdom.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:11:42 PM EDT
[#17]
It's a shame that KAC M4 RAS take-off's have gotten so retarded expensive.

Can anyone vouch for the Damage Industried drop-in rail (when it is on sale for $99)?

https://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=336

Any other drop-in rails worth considering?

Maybe Midwest Industries?

https://www.opticsplanet.com/midwest-industries-gen2-two-piece-drop-in-handguard-carbine-length-black-mctar-1.html
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:27:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Any rifle is better than no rifle at all.  No one EVER pleases everyone's preference on this site.  No matter how good a rifle is, someone will tell the owner that they did something wrong.  

Everyone has an opinion and a nose, both are worth what you paid for them.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:28:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Looks good to go OP.  I have no problem running a carbine gas system on a 16" carbine.  Not any real difference to me between a carbine length gas system and mid-length.  I have both and shoot both the same.  I do not have a silencer and do not want any NFA items.
View Quote

Same here, not bending knee to the ATF,
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:56:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No, age and wisdom.
View Quote

The "man" has had his jackboot on your throat?
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I’ve got NFA an am currently working on a couple suppressors. But I am the poors right now…??
View Quote

All good, man.  Ammo for the range is what many lack these days, a case costs more than a can!
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Plenty of dead men who would attest to the quality of rifle very similar to yours, if they could. I like it. The glass is what sold me
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:08:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Plenty of dead men who would attest to the quality of rifle very similar to yours, if they could. I like it. The glass is what sold me
View Quote

It took me a while to “understand” the LPVO. Once I did, it was a no brainer.

I do have an EXPS3-0 I just bought so that’s the only non Nightforce optic I own. But I like it too.
Link Posted: 5/8/2022 1:13:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Good kit as well

nice job
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:26:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks good, I like the paint job.

And you've got a great optic, a white light, and a sling. Jeez, you've even got nice buis and a good trigger... It's almost too much! That package puts you in 95th percentile of ARs, minimum, IMO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

And you've got a great optic, a white light, and a sling. Jeez, you've even got nice buis and a good trigger... It's almost too much! That package puts you in 95th percentile of ARs, minimum, IMO.
View Quote

I would have made it to the 100th percentile if I would’ve had a bayonet!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:00:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do it

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:36:31 AM EDT
[#28]
I really like your rifle a lot.  Sweet paint job.

There's nothing wrong with the carbine gas system, particularly when you're using a properly-made Colt bolt with Colt's wise choice of gas port diameter.  If your bolt ends up breaking at 10,000 rounds, you can literally just pop a new one in and you're good to go.  You'll probably just as well need a whole new barrel by that point.  

Personally, if it were mine, I'd have the light put in an Arisaka mount and placed at 3 o'clock (i.e. on the right side and activated by your thumb when it's on the VFG).  

I'd also be using a regular M4 stock since the B5 kind of pushes my face too far off to the side.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:38:20 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Can anyone vouch for the Damage Industried drop-in rail (when it is on sale for $99)?

https://damageindustriesllc.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=336

https://www.opticsplanet.com/midwest-industries-gen2-two-piece-drop-in-handguard-carbine-length-black-mctar-1.html
View Quote
The Daniel Defense Omega is my favorite.  It's also free-float.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:33:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Good rifle. Lots of solid choices there. My only critique: its got a Nightforce, it deserves to be free floated. Get you an FSB rail like a centurion or similar, you’ll love it.

Edit: poster above me is right too. Omega rails are pretty great.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:21:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Carbine gas/quad rail/FSB is gods way, awesome gun OP

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m at about 4K and counting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I really like your rifle a lot.  Sweet paint job.

There's nothing wrong with the carbine gas system, particularly when you're using a properly-made Colt bolt with Colt's wise choice of gas port diameter.  If your bolt ends up braking at 10,000 rounds, you can literally just pop a new one in and you're good to go.  You'll probably just as well need a whole new barrel by that point.  

Personally, if it were mine, I'd have the light put in an Arisaka mount and placed at 3 o'clock (i.e. on the right side and activated by your thumb when it's on the VFG).  

I'd also be using a regular M4 stock since the B5 kind of pushes my face too far off to the side.
View Quote

Thank you!

I have the regular carbine stock on another setup. The SOPMOD gives me a solid cheek weld and puts my head in a perfect position while using the NF.

I prefer the IWC light mounts (Haley Strategic). I can actuate the light with both hands while switching sides for shooting.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 5:47:06 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good rifle. Lots of solid choices there. My only critique: its got a Nightforce, it deserves to be free floated. Get you an FSB rail like a centurion or similar, you’ll love it.

Edit: poster above me is right too. Omega rails are pretty great.
View Quote

I’ve tried the Centurion rail, didn’t like it. I prefer the RIS II FSP if I’m free floating with an FSP.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I’ve tried the Centurion rail, didn’t like it. I prefer the RIS II FSP if I’m free floating with an FSP.
View Quote

Ive got both, like them both. The DD is kind of a bitch to install. The Midwest is a solid piece of gear too.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Colt 16” carbine barrels are ported at .0625” and not in any way overgassed or hard on parts.

I’ve taken several over 15K rounds and have yet to break a bolt, or anything.

I just rebarreled a 6920 upper with a Geissele 14.5” mid.  With the same ammo on the same lower the difference is almost unnoticeable.  People who shit talk  16” carbines have no experience with Colt barrels.

Similar configuration I ran for awhile.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

IMO the B&T is the best KAC alternative, $125 and both rails clamp like the KAC with the SAS lower, I actually like it better than the KAC
https://bt-parts.com/b-t-handguard-4x-nar-for-colt-m4-carbine-diemaco-c8-with-peq-2-interface/
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 3:53:24 AM EDT
[#38]
It’s a solid rifle, a colt 6920 is what every other gun is measured against. Are there guns with compensator/brakes and different gas systems that will shoot softer? Yes, but a colt 6920 will run all day and they’re actually pretty good barrels for a chrome lined. About the only thing I would do differently would be a FSP rail like the MLOK one by Midwest or centurion. I’m taller so I like a little bit extra rail.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 4:59:48 AM EDT
[#39]
Agree with all the commenters who say good job to OP - solid rifle (I too prefer middies, suppressors, and more, but this works fine) and great optic. Investing in the right things.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It’s a solid rifle, a colt 6920 is what every other gun is measured against. Are there guns with compensator/brakes and different gas systems that will shoot softer? Yes, but a colt 6920 will run all day and they’re actually pretty good barrels for a chrome lined. About the only thing I would do differently would be a FSP rail like the MLOK one by Midwest or centurion. I’m taller so I like a little bit extra rail.
View Quote

I’m 6’1” so I get where you’re coming from. For this rifle (and my spare identical to this) I like how tight I’m able to stay to the rifle. It allows me more control and better swing when transitioning from targets.

I’ve got a RECCE rifle I had built with a 16” barrel and 15” rail. I like it, but not as much. I like the feeling I get when I shoulder this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 5:26:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Agree with all the commenters who say good job to OP - solid rifle (I too prefer middies, suppressors, and more, but this works fine) and great optic. Investing in the right things.
View Quote

Suppressor is next. NV maybe down the road.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top