AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:24:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just wanted to note that my issue wasn't with a FM-9 upper.  I had issues with a couple of Macon Armory barrels with Rudy replaced after he wound up getting new reamers made which solved my issues.
View Quote

My bad. Well it seems like my FM9 barrel has the same issue as your old Macon barrel. Glad he made it right.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 10:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My bad. Well it seems like my FM9 barrel has the same issue as your old Macon barrel. Glad he made it right.
View Quote

It took some troubleshooting and a couple of trips back to him but we did get it sorted out.  He wound up having to re-ream 400+ chambers
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I own one in 16 inch. Bought just the upper and disregarded their buffer/spring advice from day 1. Have the Macon buffer and carbine spring. They do a weird thing where they recommend a 308 spring that changed the timing of the gun then get you into their proprietary length/proprietary weight solid buffer to work properly with that. Upper itself seems fine but tuning recommendations Seem more geared towards selling you their parts than running the gun optimally.
View Quote

Not having a good time with my 1st FM upper either. Thankfully, not a kaboom. Glad OP is ok. I have been emailing with them & they clearly did not read what I sent & started trying to sell me their buffers & 308 spring. Unreal.

I've had enough of that so I asked them if I could send it in so they can diagnose & resolve the issue. If not, buy it back as I cannot return it to the vendor I bought it from now.

Here is my thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Problems-with-Foxtrot-Mike-9mm-build-/4-767338/
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top