Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/6/2021 7:22:23 PM EDT
Good afternoon everyone!!

I am trying to figure out how to mount a flashlight pressure switch onto my AR15. I have an MLok handguard with a Picatinny top rail. I also recall seeing a special Magpul mounting plate but I am reluctant to purchase this plate because I don’t think it will fit my pressure switch.

What are the methods used for mounting the pressure switch?

Thanks

Dave St John
Warfaremil
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:28:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Cloud defense makes a good one.
Or if you have a surefire, Arisaka or modlite unity tactical makes one.

spelling edit
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:39:59 PM EDT
[#2]
The Unity Tactical ones are nice. They mount to the top rail. I just wish they were canted to the left though so I could touch them without moving my hand.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 4:01:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Unity Hot Button
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#5]
What flashlight and pressure switch do you have?
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The flashlight is a Feyachi that I bought on Amazon a little over a year ago. I don’t exactly recall the model number but I think it was an FT12 or 14. At the time I was looking at both Feyachi and Fyland (both are probably from the same company. The company must have changed the pressure switch because the switch looks different than the one that came with the flashlight.

I did find several mounting brackets on eBay but they’re rather expensive and look rather chintzy. I also don’t want to “plunk down” the cash if my switch won’t fit into the bracket.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:14:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The flashlight is a Feyachi that I bought on Amazon a little over a year ago. I don’t exactly recall the model number but I think it was an FT12 or 14. At the time I was looking at both Feyachi and Fyland (both are probably from the same company. The company must have changed the pressure switch because the switch looks different than the one that came with the flashlight.

I did find several mounting brackets on eBay but they’re rather expensive and look rather chintzy. I also don’t want to “plunk down” the cash if my switch won’t fit into the bracket.
View Quote

Lol that $35 Chinese garbage light ain’t gonna survive on a rifle. Start a new thread when you own a real light.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Zip ties.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Lol that $35 Chinese garbage light ain’t gonna survive on a rifle. Start a new thread when you own a real light.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Put pretty brashly, but not incorrect.

OP, any quality solution is likely going to cost more than the light, which is frankly pretty stupid.  There are quality budget lights available which will eliminate the need for a tape switch and actually last while mounted on a long gun.  I’d look into ditching what you have and focus your hard earned money on a quality solution instead of chasing “tactical” accessories that do nothing to increase capability.
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 7:53:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

In that case zip ties,  tape,  glue
Link Posted: 4/6/2021 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/6/2021 10:12:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Glad I asked the right question and turned this into GD.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 6:35:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone for their input. I’ve resolved the issue. Although not perfect it will work to my satisfaction.

Dave St John
WarFareMil
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top