Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/6/2022 6:47:40 PM EDT
I'm beginning to prefer using a single-point sling, because reasons, for certain applications.  I know they don't call it the "nut slapper" for nothing, but when I'm in a situation where I want the muzzle always pointed down so that it never paints a bystander, I'm thinking it can't be beat.

The trouble is, I only have one rifle with a q.d. port equipped end plate.

I have experimented with q.d. sling loops on appropriate stocks, but it's not quite as stable (i.e. not flopping around) as I'd like.

I just got these in today.

I haven't even unpacked them, but they look like I could use them with stock that has the slots for it, then attach a single point sling to this.

Attachment Attached File

I'm thinking I'll use this wraparound adapter on an N1 stock, then attach the hook end of the sling to the loop.

(I know the pic is not an N1 stock).

Attachment Attached File

Do you have a preferred way of using a single-point sling on a weapon that doesn't have a q.d. ported end plate?

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I would just install a QD endplate.  Cheap easy and reliable.
Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:02:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I prefer single point slings to attach closer to the grip, usually on the end plate secured by the buffer tube castle nut.  If you don’t want to swap in a different end plate it’s possible to drill and tap end plate to attach a single QD cup that sits proud of the end plate.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:45:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I've used the Magpul ASAP receiver endplate.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 12:55:03 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.gggaz.com/quick-detach-agency-rear-sling-attachment.html

This could work. No disassembly required of the receiver extension. This does not work out too out well if you like putting your nose to the charging handle. (Ask me how I know)

However, I build all my rifles with QD end plates from Impact Weapons Components. Billet Steel and nitrided...you cannot go wrong for $20.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tech Ten Tactical makes a QD mount and sling swivel that goes into the front of a LMT SOPMOD, or B5 Enhanced SOPMOD stock:

https://www.tech10tactical.com/qd-mounts-adapters
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top