Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/29/2020 5:04:31 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 6:55:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a 8.5 inch PSA upper that runs great!

Not one failure in 1500 rds
Link Posted: 3/30/2020 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a few BA 7.5" and they all run perfectly

Link Posted: 3/30/2020 9:41:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few BA 7.5" and they all run perfectly

https://imgdump5.novarata.net/0734wc.jpg
View Quote

Those are some good looking SBR's you have there. I didn't know Geisselle even offered a 7" handguard.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 3:17:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've also got BA 7.5 and it shoots great, never had an issue
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 1:35:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Ranier 7.5" Ultra Match that runs great.
But that's on the higher end.

Dave N
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 9:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]
V Seven sells a top-notch stainless 7.5" barrel assy. Definitely not cheap, though.

I just received my V Seven 6.5" 300bo barrel assy yesterday, from Rainier.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ll agree with BA barrels as well. Two 7.5’s and one 8 all in 5.56 that get used suppressed. Flawless, never an issue.

ETA: All of these barrels are BA's "Modern Profile." Fat little bastards!
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:06:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have a 8.5 inch PSA upper that runs great!

Not one failure in 1500 rds
View Quote

My 7.5" ( actually 7") PSA Nitride runs like a top.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Adams Arms 7.5 no problems.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 6:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I went with Noveske plus an H-3 Buffer; no issues
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Have a ba 7.5” with no issues as well.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 1:47:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I used an Aero Precision barrel for my 7.5 inch build.  I was uber impressed with the quality.  Silky smooth finish; as accurate as a 7.5 barrel can be and the price was right.  They're on sale for $112 atm.  I guess I'm near the 500 round mark with it.  Not a single issue.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 1:02:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Both of my PSA 7.5's were stupid overgassed. With an H2 and a standard extractor spring, a few times per mag the extractor would fail to hold onto the case about halfway through ripping it out. Only way I could bandaid it was an H3 buffer and a Wolff XP extractor spring, and brass was still slinging around 2 o clock. Recently put a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block on each of them, which easily remedied the issues. Was able to go down to an H buffer at hallfway into bleed-off mode from full open. Smooth shooters now.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Both of my PSA 7.5's were stupid overgassed. With an H2 and a standard extractor spring, a few times per mag the extractor would fail to hold onto the case about halfway through ripping it out. Only way I could bandaid it was an H3 buffer and a Wolff XP extractor spring, and brass was still slinging around 2 o clock. Recently put a Superlative Arms adjustable gas block on each of them, which easily remedied the issues. Was able to go down to an H buffer at hallfway into bleed-off mode from full open. Smooth shooters now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mine isn't like that. I purchased the barrel by itself several years ago. I use a plain carbine buffer, semi auto carrier and standard spring and it still cycles mildly.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top