Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/28/2020 12:12:01 AM EDT
Hey there. I'm using a POF buffer tube with a PWS ratchet system and an Aero M4E1 lower. Is this tube to far into the receiver? It slightly portrudes. Or should I back it up 1 rotation? Also, are the PWS ratchet nuts as secure as staking?

Image 1

Image 2
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:20:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I’d back it out 1 rotation and the PWS ratcheting castle nuts are very secure.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I fixed it to proper inserts on. But I may have over tightened by one click. Is this bad
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 1:12:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yep, one turn back and you're good. I have been using the PWS ratcheting end plate lock nut since released to market and have never had one loosen on it's own.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#4]
No need for staking, the PWS ratchet system is good to go. It should look like this. Don't worry about your "extra click" it's fine.

Link Posted: 10/28/2020 12:34:30 PM EDT
[#5]
If the upper closes on it, and the take-down/pivot pins work, leave it be.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top