Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/10/2021 4:17:13 PM EDT
First and foremost, I get the whole “not in the same ballpark” shtick. I’m nit saying I disagree, I’m just not looking to beat that dead horse in this thread.

What I’m looking for is someone who actually had time behind the okw and the warrior x pro.

I was wondering how they compare. I was thinking of snagging a okw to play with but if the warrior x pro is code then maybe I’ll pass on the okw.

The x pro has around 100,00, or so I’ve read, and around 2000 lumens. Guys on the flashlight forums say it’sa good performer, and so is the okw.

So I’m just looking for opinions on the two before I drop around $600 for both of them (and mounts and other supporting accessories)
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Warrior X Pro here, but no Modlite use. Lots of rounds on it, but no exact count - still ticking sitting next to a Can 100%. The Head may be bigger, it's 40mm IIRC, the OWL is 37mm, no idea on Modlite. IIRC they quote 9x,000 Candela, but that German guy M4D M4X got over 100,000 in a Lumen Tube. It's a 21700, so it runs forever, but it's a proprietary battery, so get a spare sometime. I use a GG&G 1913 Mount, no idea for MLOK - It's a smidge bigger than 1" diameter, so you may need to play around with mounts. You *do* need to wrap the pressure switch magnetic cap with electrical tape or it *will* move (aka no light) - but 2 wraps and it's a nothing burger. Quick tap is constant, pres and hold is momentary. Turbo only with the switch. 1/4 turn of the tail cap locks it out, no light ADs. It's a warmer light - I prefer the color temp of my Acebeam L16 better (super blue/cold), but the OL WXP is a beast.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 1:59:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The magnetic cap falls off very easily just from being caught on webbing and when impacted against a barricade for normal use. Olight is Chinese junk. They do not make serious use anything and are of dubious moral character. Granted the one I saw was in a recent rifle class and not mine, we all felt sorry for the owner who had to dick with it during low light shooting...just to keep the thing working.

IMO the real value proposition is to buy an HL-X (chinese but well made apart from meh switches), or jump to the Modlite and skip the Surefire rifle lights. My PLHV2 has been smacked into more doorframes, barricades, and rocks than I can track and still keeps trucking along. If you order from bigtexoutdoors they're discounted with an easily found coupon code.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
For everyday carry, backyard use, and leave in the vehicle with the USB charger, the Olight works very well. For a weapon light with durability, reach, and need it to work when it counts the Modlight is my choice. I have both brands and use them just as I described. One thing to notice is Olight always comes out with a newer model and doesn't seem to support the previous model or even list it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 3:21:12 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't had any issue with my olights. The warrior x sat on one of my rifles for a long time. My x pro is the wrong color.

Currently have an Odin on one of my rifles. No issues there either.

I believe the new wxp has the locking magnetic tail cap like the Odin which again has held up fine for me.

I'd love to buy a modlight plhv2 setup for my primary rifle but I don't shoot at night pretty much ever. And I'd rather spend the money elsewhere
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve been told they are junk. I’ve been told they are great. I do have concerns with the magnetic connection coming undone unexpectedly.

We have 50 Odins at work that will start getting use in the next few months, so we will see what a larger sample size brings about.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 1:59:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Modlite PLHv2, the Olight Warrior X Pro and the Olight Odin. The Modlite is the best performer out of the 3 and it's not close.

That being said, the Olight is about 1/3 as expensive. The cons are that they use proprietary batteries and the mount for the Warrior X Pro is terrible. I used a Haley Strategic ring mount instead and the light was still a little thick for a perfect fit. The Odin is a better light than the Warrior X Pro for a weapon light, but I'd rather spend a little more and get a Modlite. I'll probably end up selling them eventually.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I have multiple Olights handheld. Great innovative pocketlights. Not weapon lights.

It is 8.5 ounces BEFORE LIGHT MOUNT. More than twice as heavy as you want in a weapon light!

That bezel protector will unthread with recoil and eventually not even screw down tight one you retighten it too many times. I avoid screw in bezel protectors for that reason.

It's a super stupid idea but knock yourself out with your 2000 lumen weaponlight that is as heavy as a discontinued 9V Millenium Surefire. It's "just as good as" blah blah blah.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 4:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have multiple Olights handheld. Great innovative pocketlights. Not weapon lights.

It is 8.5 ounces BEFORE LIGHT MOUNT. More than twice as heavy as you want in a weapon light!

That bezel protector will unthread with recoil and eventually not even screw down tight one you retighten it too many times. I avoid screw in bezel protectors for that reason.

It's a super stupid idea but knock yourself out with your 2000 lumen weaponlight that is as heavy as a discontinued 9V Millenium Surefire. It's "just as good as" blah blah blah.
View Quote
Did someone say 9V Millennium Surefire?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't had any issue with my olights. The warrior x sat on one of my rifles for a long time. My x pro is the wrong color.

Currently have an Odin on one of my rifles. No issues there either.

I believe the new wxp has the locking magnetic tail cap like the Odin which again has held up fine for me.

I'd love to buy a modlight plhv2 setup for my primary rifle but I don't shoot at night pretty much ever. And I'd rather spend the money elsewhere
View Quote

Sat on a rifle in the corner or was used and used hard?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top