Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2022 6:24:11 AM EDT
Has anyone bought any parts or uppers from "Model 1 Sales" ( https://www.model1sales.com/ ) ?  They look to have a pretty decent selection of options for .22lr uppers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 6:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I've not seen that site before. I'd recommend Righttobear.com and joeboboutfitters.com for .22 LR parts. Didn't know JAC was still selling conversions, though CMMGs BCG is based upon that design.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:01:31 AM EDT
[#2]
They apparently have a BBB A+ rating (I looked them up) and seem to have more stuff in stock than RTB and others.  I have no idea on the quality of their gear and prices seem a bit higher than elsewhere.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought parts from them several years ago. No problems.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've not seen that site before. I'd recommend Righttobear.com and joeboboutfitters.com for .22 LR parts. Didn't know JAC was still selling conversions, though CMMGs BCG is based upon that design.
View Quote

They have been around forever.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:40:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Been around a long time and used to be one of the bigger parts guys at shows back in the day. I have a 12.5 upper and a bolt that I bought from them probably 15 years ago and no issues.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#6]
They''ve been at a gunshow every weekend in the D/FW area since the 1990's.  Parts I bought from them in 2005 are still running on a friend's AR.  They have Garand & M-1 carbine parts too.  Bought a couple of bayonets from em last show.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 7:51:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interesting that you're familiar with Ciener but not M1S.

Model 1 has been around forever, they're good to go.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Interesting that you're familiar with Ciener but not M1S.

Model 1 has been around forever, they're good to go.
View Quote

Haha, well, I did business with JAC back in my 07/02 days in the 90's. Think the last time I saw him was at the Hill Country MG shoot in TX sometime in the 90's. Anyway, that's why I'm familiar with his stuff.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1

I may have bought from them 15 years ago.  I don’t remember what but yea that name is an old one in the business.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Has anyone bought any parts or uppers from "Model 1 Sales" ( https://www.model1sales.com/ ) ?  They look to have a pretty decent selection of options for .22lr uppers.
View Quote

I don't think I've ever bought anything from them. But they've been around since the dark ages. At least 20+ years. I remember when M1S was a go-to for inexpensive uppers back when RRA was considered near tier 1.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Haha, well, I did business with JAC back in my 07/02 days in the 90's. Think the last time I saw him was at the Hill Country MG shoot in TX sometime in the 90's. Anyway, that's why I'm familiar with his stuff.
View Quote

Gotcha. Yeah m1s used to have these big spreads in Shotgun News, back when that was a thing
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Gotcha. Yeah m1s used to have these big spreads in Shotgun News, back when that was a thing
View Quote

That was a long time ago! I may very well have dealt with them pre-Internet. Bought many MG's, etc. out of SGN back in the day (miss those days of cheap DSs!).

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:18:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yup.  I don't remember a time when they weren't in the game
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#14]
One of the oldest retailers of AR parts from back when dancing ponies were the only game in town.   Was my first kit 20 yrs ago.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 8:38:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Brought from them years ago but not recently.  OK quality from what I recall.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#16]
They have been around a long time, we even did a meme back in the day.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:07:25 AM EDT
[#17]
They were basically the Palmetto State Armory of the 90's in the Shotgun News

- Clint
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I bought a stripped A2 upper from them last fall

no issues

they used to run full page ads in Shotgun news

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:13:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Bought from them many times back in the day. Small operation use to be out of IL and would hit all the Ohio gun shows.
Had a M4 kit  that ran like a clock from them. Mail ordered a few things no issues. Moved to Texas around 2000s.

Would buy from again just remember its a mom and pop operation.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#20]
It's been a while since I bought parts from them, but I have about a half dozen 22LR ARs that are built off of their uppers
(well, what's left of them after years of mix and match.)

You're not getting tier 1 with their parts, but it's all very functional, serviceable stuff and I've never had
an issue with them or the reliability/accuracy of their uppers/parts.

As noted above they've been around for a really, really long time. They're GTG in my book.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 1:11:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't, but I'm having fun looking around on it. They're in Texas which is good.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:55:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Bought stuff in 2009.
They consistently had stock during the Obama years when stuff was hard to get.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 9:57:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, I was going to say that they have probably been in business longer than some of the folks around here have even been alive.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:00:45 PM EDT
[#24]

Click here for more details on the 7.5" 9mm Barrel

I bought a 7 1/2" 9mm barrel from them in 2020 for my Kitty Kat build. Price was fair, quality good and shipped promptly. No complaints.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 12:33:28 AM EDT
[#25]
I bought a M4 upper from them near 20 years ago at a gun show. I still use that upper sometimes with my LMT lower that has a RBT in it. No problems with it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:22:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
They were basically the Palmetto State Armory of the 90's in the Shotgun News

- Clint
View Quote

Indeed!

My torture test rifle had a m1s upper and bcg.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 6:20:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I bought parts from them several years ago. No problems.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:27:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't think I've ever bought anything from them. But they've been around since the dark ages. At least 20+ years. I remember when M1S was a go-to for inexpensive uppers back when RRA was considered near tier 1.
View Quote

This. All of this. They did kit builds before I'd ever heard of Palmetto State Armory. I remember them having a reputation of being very cheap "non-mil spec" parts. I guess the $400 AR 15 hasn't moved very far in 20 years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:16:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Dang kids today know nothing about  Dick Drasen or nesarD or Sendra

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:30:01 AM EDT
[#30]
I bought a xm177 style barrel from them a few years back.
No issues, works fine. I would deal with them again for certain things.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  Dang kids today know nothing about  Dick Drasen or nesarD or Sendra

View Quote

If you happen to have a lower lying around w/ one of those names on it, it's worth big money in Massachusetts or Connecticut.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:37:34 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought my wife’s AR upper from them around 04 or 05. It’s a M4 Copy upper with anER Shaw barrel. I  would stay that it easily has 3000 rounds without a single issue. I have several other AR parts from the, and have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Dang kids today know nothing about  Dick Drasen or nesarD or Sendra

View Quote

Yes Sir good old SGN, was my Wishbook, decades ago  Sendra... there was 2
of them If I remember sold parts also other than Sendra name., that was in SGN
RIA was selling Sendra lowers back them Marked M15 or XM15, then Colt Sued
RIA and they had to dump the lowers, $24.99 them, have a few here n there.
There was another place Quality Parts (something else) that I dealt with Colt Chrome
Bolt Carrier Groups, XM177 uppers, Colt Uppers. CAR parts, Barrels. No wonder I
worked 2 jobs back then. Good ole days for sure Fleming, RDia, Lightning L, all kinds
of things. Found an ole SGN from '82' while packing and older ones. 3 times a month
my wishbook..

but to answer the OP. I have no problems or issues..it's been a few years though

-Garland
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Bought stuffs from them years ago and all experiences have been good.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 5:37:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Any connection with the Branch Davidians is purely a coincidence.  Or not...

That aside, their parts are fine.  Not super spendy but not junk.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:51:43 AM EDT
[#36]
I bought a rifle kit from them back in 2009 for my first AR build. No complaints. Everything was good. Don’t know if they still are though.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 1:51:40 AM EDT
[#37]
I have bought from them but never again. My CC info got stolen along with hundreds of others on here. They knew it was going on and did nothing to stop it. It was not them but the company that was processing the CC for them back then. You told them and they said sorry not us. F them. It really screwed me for awhile. Back then it was not as easy as it is today to get this straightened around and not be liable for it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 6:27:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:  I have bought from them but never again. My CC info got stolen along with hundreds of others on here. They knew it was going on and did nothing to stop it. It was not them but the company that was processing the CC for them back then. You told them and they said sorry not us. F them. It really screwed me for awhile. Back then it was not as easy as it is today to get this straightened around and not be liable for it.
View Quote

Yeah, that was like a decade ago, they've changed processors since.  I don't know the whole story but it's not been an issue for years now, but I can understand how you feel about it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#39]
I haven’t heard that name in years. There good to go. I bought my first ar15 parts kit from them in the 90’s.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I bought a mid length build kit from them in 2007.  No issues.  There is a story posted here on arf of the owner getting choked out by a customer at a gun show sometime around 2008.  Apparently the owner is one of those old school asshole gun dealers you'd run into at gun shows back in the day and a customer wasn't having it.  Someone will dig up the post I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:  I bought a mid length build kit from them in 2007.  No issues.  There is a story posted here on arf of the owner getting choked out by a customer at a gun show sometime around 2008.  Apparently the owner is one of those old school asshole gun dealers you'd run into at gun shows back in the day and a customer wasn't having it.  Someone will dig up the post I'm sure.
View Quote

No, that wasn't Model 1 Sales.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:00:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Bought a couple of 22LR uppers from them and a couple of LPKs after O got in office. No problems out of any of them and still run the 22s for plinking.

I'd buy from them again but haven't thought about them in years due to the other online websites being a bit more prevalent in the google-box searches.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 1:26:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Bought a couple kits from them around 2008, no issues then or since.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top