Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2018 9:40:06 AM EDT
I have a Midwest Industries G3ML series handguard with a MBUS Pro front sight, and I'm looking to add a Streamlight Protac 1 as low profile as possible to the rail on the upper right side of the handguard (the 1:30 position).  I'm going to mount the tape switch on the other side of the rail at the 10:30 position.

It sounds like the Magpul MLOK Cantilever mount is lower profile than the Arisaka inline mount. One thing I was not able to find is a comparison to the Unity Tactical Fusion mount.

Anyone have any feedback, pictures or experience with this setup?

Also, I'm running an Omega 300 with a Keymo mount.

Link Posted: 11/12/2018 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the Frank Proctor mount if you want low profile. It is probably the lowest profile mount available. It mounts the light directly to the rail. Requires you take the rail off in order to install, just FYI. Though, it may interfere with your BUIS as it sits THAT close to the top picatinny rail.

Mount
Link Posted: 11/12/2018 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the Frank Proctor mount if you want low profile. It is probably the lowest profile mount available. It mounts the light directly to the rail. Requires you take the rail off in order to install, just FYI. Though, it may interfere with your BUIS as it sits THAT close to the top picatinny rail.

Mount
View Quote
I'm curious if anyone has tried this setup with hardware similar to mine. Thanks for mentioning this as an option.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 2:13:46 AM EDT
[#3]
The Fusion hub would consolidate your light mount and front sight into one location.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a couple proctor mounts and use them with the streamlight 1L-1AA on my ALG 11.5" and 14.5". Like the light since it runs on 123's or AA batteries. Enough light that it doesn't blind inside and light enough to not make the front too heavy. Did have to grind on one proctor mount as it does not like rails that are really short and close to the handguard body. The steel is stupid strong and took some serious dremel work to releave some of the mount to fit.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a Midwest Industries G3ML series handguard with a MBUS Pro front sight, and I'm looking to add a Streamlight Protac 1 as low profile as possible to the rail on the upper right side of the handguard (the 1:30 position).  I'm going to mount the tape switch on the other side of the rail at the 10:30 position.

It sounds like the Magpul MLOK Cantilever mount is lower profile than the Arisaka inline mount. One thing I was not able to find is a comparison to the Unity Tactical Fusion mount.

Anyone have any feedback, pictures or experience with this setup?

Also, I'm running an Omega 300 with a Keymo mount.

https://i.imgur.com/UkMz0cRr.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/niQA7MCr.jpg
View Quote

If you want the absolute lowest profile mount, forget the Magpul cantilever and the Arisaka, get the Unity Tactical. But not the whole Fusion base, just the M-LOK Compatible FUSION Adapter It's by far the lowest profile mount possible for M-lok; it basically allows you to mount any light utilizing the Surefire Scout mount system directly to the handguard.

Here's a picture of my Surefire M600DF mounted to my ACR with the Unity Tactical M-lok adapter. It's not your handguard, but it should illustrate how low profile it is.

Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:25:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm curious if anyone has tried this setup with hardware similar to mine. Thanks for mentioning this as an option.
View Quote
You have to remove the rail in order to install that mount.
Link Posted: 11/19/2018 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#7]
- Frank Proctor products seem to have disappeared
- I don't think I like the idea of the Fusion Hub. I'd rather have the light mounted in line, or offset from the 3:00 rail. 1/2 aesthetics, 1/2 I don't like the idea of BUIS and light on the same mount surface.
- I'm ok with removing the handguard to install the mount if needed
- Unity Fusion mount looks great assuming there is enough clearance with my BUIS
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top