Link Posted: 7/19/2016 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sweatpants:
Fresh off the face books

https://i.imgur.com/pntc0Wc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3qD2jFg.jpg
View Quote

Anyone know what unit these belong to? Everything else looks like regular, conventional infantry stuff except for the Block II M4A1s.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:06:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:

Anyone know what unit these belong to? Everything else looks like regular, conventional infantry stuff except for the Block II M4A1s.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Originally Posted By sweatpants:
Fresh off the face books

https://i.imgur.com/pntc0Wc.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3qD2jFg.jpg

I'm guessing a Ranger BN, but that's just a guess.
Link Posted: 7/19/2016 11:11:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:

I'll see what I can do.  Most the Marines where I'm at the moment are support for MARSOC and they're just running standard M4s with ACOGs.

CD
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JJREA:
Originally Posted By MrFrZZ:
Originally Posted By TheGreatDanton:
We can't all be as smart as you.

Impossible. Unpossible

FIFY...

... snip ...

I actually forgot about the calibration thing.    But I was thinking Close Quarters meant Close Quarters and I would think RDS are the better choice for that.  But I do remember KevinB saying that their 11.5 SBR's were working out to 400 meters with a can and M855.  Except I think they were running eotechs on their AR's at the time.  I'm sure it would be much easier to make hits at 400 with an ACOG.  But I hear talk of people struggling with the BAC at close range.  So......  

I think we need some pics of CQBR's with ACOGs on them.  CD?????  

I'll see what I can do.  Most the Marines where I'm at the moment are support for MARSOC and they're just running standard M4s with ACOGs.

CD

CD,

Do you happen to know which  reticle they are using?  A while ago I read that they are upgrading to the horseshoe reticle.

Thanks!

Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By cfc2016:

CD,

Do you happen to know which  reticle they are using?  A while ago I read that they are upgrading to the horseshoe reticle.

Thanks!

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cfc2016:

Impossible. Unpossible

FIFY...

... snip ...

I actually forgot about the calibration thing.    But I was thinking Close Quarters meant Close Quarters and I would think RDS are the better choice for that.  But I do remember KevinB saying that their 11.5 SBR's were working out to 400 meters with a can and M855.  Except I think they were running eotechs on their AR's at the time.  I'm sure it would be much easier to make hits at 400 with an ACOG.  But I hear talk of people struggling with the BAC at close range.  So......  

CD

CD,

Thanks!

No, I do not at this time.

CD
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 8:43:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#6]
Army SF ODA's

CD
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:05:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Are any vcog's being used on the block II's? My astigmatism means it's time to retire the T1 and its seems the vcog's offer more than an Elcan for a bit less $.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:37:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By MrMitch:
Are any vcog's being used on the block II's? My astigmatism means it's time to retire the T1 and its seems the vcog's offer more than an Elcan for a bit less $.
View Quote

There's this article written by an SF guy that shows him using a VCOG on his issued rifle:

http://www.defensereview.com/tactical-ar-15m4m4a1-carbine-aftermarket-accessories-for-military-combat-applications-the-competition-to-combat-crossover-part-iii/
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

There's this article written by an SF guy that shows him using a VCOG on his issued rifle:

http://www.defensereview.com/tactical-ar-15m4m4a1-carbine-aftermarket-accessories-for-military-combat-applications-the-competition-to-combat-crossover-part-iii/
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
Originally Posted By MrMitch:

I've bought and sold the VCOG twice trying to like it. The razor is a hell of a lot better and I believe they are also being used, hence geiselle making a sopmod certified mount for it. Maybe someone else can chime in on that that knows more about the razor and if it's being used.
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 10:33:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:
I've bought and sold the VCOG twice trying to like it. The razor is a hell of a lot better and I believe they are also being used, hence geiselle making a sopmod certified mount for it. Maybe someone else can chime in on that that knows more about the razor and if it's being used.
View Quote

It is.  Mostly personally purchased as far as USSOCOM goes and as far as I know, but that of course could always change depending on whether or not a unit decides to buy a bunch of something.  

~Augee
Link Posted: 7/20/2016 5:33:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CloneDiseased] [#11]

Army SF ODA's

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/IMG_2227.JPG
CD
View Quote
Black G33. I'll be stripping the shitty paint off of mine meow..
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:24:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone got a skinny on an anodized eotech g33 magnifier?! I sold my tan painted one.. I need the anodized one..
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:42:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jien] [#13]

https://www.dvidshub.net/image/2146280/swift-response-15

Army Ranger with FN Mk18-1?

ETA: Well... I've realized it can be the FN M4A1 converted from an FN M4.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#14]

Originally Posted By cschelk2:
they must not have had many, they were OOS at 6pm cst!
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By my69camaro1:

10.3 Colt barrels in stock at a Place with a G and an R in the name... Just ordered one myself after months of waiting.

Mine arrived today, kinda wish i had ordered two, to be honest.  Could have used it for a Block II.  Will probably just do an M4 cutdown via ADCO though.

Appears one is being resold already in the EE...  pricey though.

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 12:54:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:

Mine arrived today, kinda wish i had ordered two, to be honest.  Could have used it for a Block II.  Will probably just do an M4 cutdown via ADCO though.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By my69camaro1:
10.3 Colt barrels in stock at a Place with a G and an R in the name... Just ordered one myself after months of waiting.

Same here.  They were limiting the sales to one barrel per customer (i asked them) to limit people flipping them online.  Nice barrels though.
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#16]

CD

View All Quotes

Impossible. Unpossible

FIFY...

I think what JJ is really referring to was the barrel length vs. the velocity drop and really being able to use the calibrated reticle of the ACOG effectively at distance on a CQBR. While the platform is designed for CQB situations and not for shooting groups at 400 or 600 meters, I can understand where he's coming from....

Plus, not all of us can afford Elcans.

CD

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 1:34:30 PM EDT
[#17]
What is the model designation for the new Marine ACOG?
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 4:27:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 78Staff] [#18]
Swapped out the LMT upper for a Colt Upper, Colt 10.3" CQB Barrel and NT4 FH...  Guess I'll touch up the bare spots after shooting it a bit this weekend, or maybe I'll just leave it for awhile :).

It was only .2" but I am legit now baby! lol

Just need one more for a Block II

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:22:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GersonB90] [#19]
Im wonder which one of you is helping this go up...?

Not much has changed to mine. Just added sling, switched to a ctr for now, and have a EXPS3 on the way (New raise=new toys)

Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Too lazy to do research on rail dimension but has any one ever tried to match the upper half of a DD OMEGA FSP with the bottom half of a DD RIS?  
Link Posted: 7/22/2016 10:53:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By GersonB90:
Too lazy to do research on rail dimension but has any one ever tried to match the upper half of a DD OMEGA FSP with the bottom half of a DD RIS?  
View Quote

Won't work.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Finally picked up an EXPS - long overdue.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Swapped out the LMT upper for a Colt Upper, Colt 10.3" CQB Barrel and NT4 FH...  Guess I'll touch up the bare spots after shooting it a bit this weekend, or maybe I'll just leave it for awhile :).

http://i.imgur.com/z5lB6hRh.jpg

View Quote

I say leave it. looks good like that
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:26:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By tango6delta:

View All Quotes

Seconded
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Saw this at the last gun show...

Not entirely clone correct.... But it's closer than mine is..

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:18:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I have a question. Do the Knights Man. rear sights, the ones that look like the USMC marked sights, have any clone approved correctness? Also, whats the approx. value of them? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:19:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By H1H0AG:
Saw this at the last gun show...

Not entirely clone correct.... But it's closer than mine is..

<a href="http://s484.photobucket.com/user/h1h0ag/media/IMG_1350_zpsmpsad9eb.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr201/h1h0ag/IMG_1350_zpsmpsad9eb.jpg</a>
View Quote

lol, if that isn't "gun show" wrapped up in one picture I don't know what is. What a POS.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:22:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:
I have a question. Do the Knights Man. rear sights, the ones that look like the USMC marked sights, have any clone approved correctness? Also, whats the approx. value of them? Thanks
View Quote

Yes, the USMC 200-600 micros are used all the time … by … you guessed it… MARSOC

They are for sale all the time on the EE and eBay. They usually go for quite a bit cheaper than the full size ones.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:

Yes, the USMC 200-600 micros are used all the time … by … you guessed it… MARSOC

They are for sale all the time on the EE and eBay. They usually go for quite a bit cheaper than the full size ones.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinyCrumb:
Originally Posted By Stoner25mkiv:

Thanks for the quick reply Tiny. Buddy of mine that is up at Camp Perry for the matches sent me a photo of one. The USMS wasnt immediatly visible, only Knights. Says there is a box wit about 150-200 of them for 50 bucks each.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:23:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#30]
There are a couple major versions of the Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II. Early ones had a 1.15" hole in the front. Later ones have a 1.26" hole in the front.

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 4:23:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#31]
There are other small changes to the RIS II.

They were originally made in Savannah, GA and dated. Then they were made in Black Creek, GA and still dated. They are still made in Black Creek, GA, but are not dated. Some RIS IIs do not have the NSN marking.

The lower rail attachment screws were originally gray and are now black. The bolt up screws may have changed to a new style as well.

I don't know if all of this same variations exist with the black RIS IIs.

There is only one version of the MK18 RIS II FSP  since they have only been made in one or two production runs.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#32]

Originally Posted By cjwwd2:
Seconded

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By cjwwd2:

Seconded

I think I agree - going to leave it as is.  Shot it today, POI was off from the previous by a bit windage wise, but not by huge amount, easy to adjust in.  Still on the fence with the Rear Sight, I know it's clone correct, but am thinking of swapping it out with a KAC 300m maybe, something I can fold out of the way.  We'll see.  Probably swapping the Ergo for a A1 too, I just like the way the A1 grip feels.  Overall though very happy with the swap. :).

Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:43:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Switched to a ctr.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 11:06:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
There are a couple major versions of the Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II. Early ones had a 1.15" hole in the front. Later ones have a 1.26" hole in the front.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk148/pezboytate/Firearms/DSC_0001.jpg
View Quote

I don't know about the MK18 but I have 2 M4A1 RISII's. One Savannah Ga. and one Black creek ,both are black.
Same as your MK18's with the front dimensions being different but my Savannah Ga. has no helicoils inserts. The screws that attach the lower are black and have the plastic washers but thread directly into the upper. The anodizing is flatter on the Savannah and smoother, glossier on the black creek. I assume the very first MK18's would have been made the same.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 1:51:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Switched to a ctr.

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/84zy1kfa9/full/" target="_blank">http://s32.postimg.org/dt68sgjmt/image.jpg</a>
image hosting over 5mb

View Quote

What stock did you switch from? I'm looking for a stock for my 10.5" SBR, kinda stuck between the SOPMOD or CTR. Currently have an M4 with CAA side saddle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:02:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 175BFD] [#37]
Switched to a ctr.

<a href="http://postimg.org/image/84zy1kfa9/full/" target="_blank">http://s32.postimg.org/dt68sgjmt/image.jpg</a>
image hosting over 5mb

View Quote

Why did you switch?  I am currently running a CTR on mine but want to switch to the SOPMOD..

Im also looking to find out which trigger is correct.  I am looking to add either the Geissele SSA or SSA-E.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 175BFD:

Why did you switch?  I am currently running a CTR on mine but want to switch to the SOPMOD..

Im also looking to find out which trigger is correct.  I am looking to add either the Geissele SSA or SSA-E.
View All Quotes
Switched to a ctr.

image hosting over 5mb

SSA for the CQBR/M4A1 family. Same pull weight and feel as SSF but not F/A capable. The actual SSA did make its way into Mk12 Mod 1s and Mk11s and stuff later on.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By lancecriminal86:

SSA for the CQBR/M4A1 family. Same pull weight and feel as SSF but not F/A capable. The actual SSA did make its way into Mk12 Mod 1s and Mk11s and stuff later on.
View All Quotes
Switched to a ctr.

image hosting over 5mb

Ok thanks.  I had posted in the M12 discussion as well as one in the KAC thread to see what was in the Mk11

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Ok thanks.  I had posted in the M12 discussion as well as one in the KAC thread to see what was in the Mk11

View All Quotes
Switched to a ctr.

image hosting over 5mb

Correct information.  End of 2014 in Astan I was installing SSA in Mk11s and Mk12s, SSF went into M4A1/CQBRs.

CD
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 3:35:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 175BFD] [#41]

Correct information.  End of 2014 in Astan I was installing SSA in Mk11s and Mk12s, SSF went into M4A1/CQBRs.

CD
View All Quotes
Switched to a ctr.

image hosting over 5mb

CD

Awesome.  Great information.  Thanks  Thats what I am currently running in my wannabe MK11
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 4:48:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone have a sf3p they'd like to get rid of??
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 5:01:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Had an issue with my rail coming loose and rotating when I took it out to shoot a few weekends ago. I decided to go align it and tighten it back up. When I pulled the bottom rail off I noticed some rust on the barrel so I decided to pull the rail to clean it. I found that the barrel nut was loose, not the rail. I damn near pulled the nut off with just my fingers.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Who built it?

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:13:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Who built it?

View Quote

PSA
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:19:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Had the opportunity to tour the Daniel Defense facility and they gave us access to the vault where they keep all of their demo rifles, test rifles, and trade show displays. The guys there were even kind enough to take us to the range to test a few rifles out and even fed us.. You can tell right off the bat that everyone you spoke with absolutely LOVES working at Daniel Defense and it's one of the very few places I've ever been where you could fell it was genuine..

Here's a pic of the GL/SSC rifle that was tucked away on the shelf.

]

]

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ECPrevatte:
Who built it?

View Quote

DD factory upper. I've had it for a couple years and have put close to 1k rounds through it with no issues til the last time I shot it. I haven't had irons on it til recently so I probably wouldn't have noticed the misalignment.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:27:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:
Had the opportunity to tour the Daniel Defense facility and they gave us access to the vault where they keep all of their demo rifles, test rifles, and trade show displays. The guys there were even kind enough to take us to the range to test a few rifles out and even fed us.. You can tell right off the bat that everyone you spoke with absolutely LOVES working at Daniel Defense and it's one of the very few places I've ever been where you could fell it was genuine..

]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Gun%20Shit/1F5A453B-D235-48A0-AC9D-D7ED66791BD3_zpsjo7wlvwa.jpg

]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Gun%20Shit/5558D672-6ADC-433F-8A24-9CA120942FD1_zpsdiorqmx7.png

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Gun%20Shit/C37D6446-1C44-4BBB-A0D9-F24360A53D18_zpsmkdjyskk.jpg

View Quote

Shame they put that god awful furniture on it.
Link Posted: 7/24/2016 9:37:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spooled] [#49]

View All Quotes

Switched to a ctr.

image hosting over 5mb

Just got bored and wanted to try it out. I'll go back to sopmod when my stamp get approved on another lower.

I run ssa-e on my cqbr and love it

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 10:01:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jBoy723:

]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Gun%20Shit/1F5A453B-D235-48A0-AC9D-D7ED66791BD3_zpsjo7wlvwa.jpg

]http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Gun%20Shit/5558D672-6ADC-433F-8A24-9CA120942FD1_zpsdiorqmx7.png

http://i735.photobucket.com/albums/ww359/jboy723/Gun%20Shit/C37D6446-1C44-4BBB-A0D9-F24360A53D18_zpsmkdjyskk.jpg

View Quote

How do you get a mag in the second gun down?
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 790 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top