Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2021 4:45:51 PM EDT
Hello! I am new to this whole hobby and have a couple of questions that I haven't seen covered.

Background: I recently bought a complete upper/bolt carrier group/charging handle from Bravo Company. It arrived in beautiful condition, packed in grease. This morning I figured I would give it a good cleaning before testing. I discovered that the little black rubber o-ring (for lack of a better term) is missing from the ejector assembly. The spring is there and it appears to be functional.

1. I am eager enough to test this thing that I'm prepared to just go shoot a few rounds out of it. I realize it might have problems ejecting, but will doing so damage the bolt or bolt carrier?

2. If I paid a local guy to replace the ejector spring assembly, would Bravo Company pitch a fit? There doesn't seem to be any warranty voiding restrictions on their web page, but I'm curious about personal stories.

As an aside, my first AR-15 upper was bought from Bravo Company for my teenage daughter, earlier this summer. I loved it so much I wanted my own. Apart from this tiny missing piece, I have nothing bad to say about the company. Her rifle shoots like an absolute dream, and we have had more fun with it than human beings ought to be allowed. I'm eager to get to breaking this one in!

Thanks in advance for any help!

EDIT: Here's the reply from Bravo Company (they replied within 20 minutes. Jesus they're fast!) I'm putting it up here because I didn't see anything on this topic when I searched around originally.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

Your 14.5” upper group will not need a Carne 0-Ring. We only recommend installation of the Crane 0-Ring on our 12.5” upper group and below and also with our 300 Blackout upper groups.

You should be good to go! Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Bravo Company USA, Inc
www.BravoCompanyUSA.com
www.BravoCompanyMFG.com
American Gunfighter
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:33:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I assume you mean the extractor rather than ejector.
Anyway, I use an O-ring in my extractors but they aren't always necessary, especially if using extra power springs. Some guns may work fine without the O-ring and some may not. It's not going to hurt anything to test the gun without an O-ring. The wort case scenario is that the extractor will slip off the rim and you will then know that you need an O-ring or extra power spring.
I have no idea what spring is on your extractor? Adding an O-ring only takes a minute and costs less than a dollar, Viton #60 I believe.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is no O-Ring on the Ejector.
View Quote

Fairly sure he meant extractor
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#5]
There wasn't even such a thing at one time. Having said that, I do use them now but it's just one more thing that can fail if you don't need it.

If I were going into combat I would definitely see if I needed it first.

Edit, I assume you are referring it extractor.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 7:50:06 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can't find the 'O' ring, or the Crane, highly over priced 'D' ring, a more permanent option is the newer Colt extractor spring.  
Brownells

Link Posted: 7/13/2021 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#7]
The BCM Extractor Spring is so strong the Mil-Spec Crane O-Ring will probably not be needed, but it is included.

LINK

Band aid fix no longer needed.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:17:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fairly sure he meant extractor
View Quote

Exactly. New poster.

I think o-rings are overkill on anything but a suppressed SBR.
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:10:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly. New poster.

I think o-rings are overkill on anything but a suppressed SBR.
View Quote

That's actually what they told me, almost verbatim. Thanks to everyone who gave substantive feedback on this thread.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top