Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/18/2022 1:56:10 PM EDT
Daniel Defense lists their M4V7 Ar as coming standard with a Mil Spec Trigger. Just what does that mean? Single Stage, double stage, rough trigger pull, etc. Just trying to determine what they mean by that. Anyone know?
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Standard single stage milspec trigger.  

Nothing special, just like everybody else's standard trigger.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:35:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I would expect one made to those standards of manufacture. Same surface finishes and materials. I think the trigger pull on a gov. gun is something like 5.5 lbs to 8.5 lbs with a comment something like no perceptible roughness taking up the slack until the hammer falls. Not sure how to apply that since people's idea of roughness probably vary a lot.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. That is what I expected, but at DD's price point, I was hoping for a better trigger.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:28:22 PM EDT
[#4]
The triggers that came with my DD's were your basic milspec trigger, not very clean....All have been replaced with Larue MBTs....

DD's are all approaching $2K these days and you would think I nice trigger should be included....hell if Larue can sell them for $70, the manufacturing cost should be in the $30 range....DD should be able to do it

Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would expect one made to those standards of manufacture. Same surface finishes and materials. I think the trigger pull on a gov. gun is something like 5.5 lbs to 8.5 lbs with a comment something like no perceptible roughness taking up the slack until the hammer falls. Not sure how to apply that since people's idea of roughness probably vary a lot.
View Quote

I believe you are correct. However, all the advertised as "mil-spec" triggers that I've acquired over the last 2 years have been finished in black oxide and not the proper phosphate finish as they should be... It's very frustrating. I believe even Colt's triggers are black oxide now along with some of their other lower parts (bolt catches, selector levers and possibly more).
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 3:58:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I believe you are correct. However, all the advertised as "mil-spec" triggers that I've acquired over the last 2 years have been finished in black oxide and not the proper phosphate finish as they should be... It's very frustrating. I believe even Colt's triggers are black oxide now along with some of their other lower parts (bolt catches, selector levers and possibly more).
View Quote

@556Cliff
I've run into that too.

CMMG lpk's are still phosphated to my knowledge.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 8:58:31 PM EDT
[#7]
I like relatively light two stage triggers on precision rifles.

But, for personal/home defense when things go bump in the night in the wee hours, there's a lot to be said in favor of a mil spec weight trigger.  Adrenaline is pumping.  A heavier trigger will prevent a negligent discharge and you'll not really notice the difference under that type of stress without a LOT of training and discipline.

So, my precision rifle has a Geissele SSA-E.  Fabulous in that role. 3.5 lbs total.  1.2 lb second stage. I would not want heavier.

My HD carbine has lots of mods but still sports a mil spec weight single stage trigger.  However, I've greased the engagement points and dry fired it so many times that it is smooth, free of grit, creep, and is super crisp.  About 6 lbs and perfect for that role.  I would not want lighter.  

Match the trigger design and weight to the mission.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

@556Cliff
I've run into that too.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@556Cliff
I've run into that too.

Good! I'll put them on the phosphate finished list to check out in the future. Also, Windham Weaponry has told me that their trigger groups are phosphate finished.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:40:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The SOLGW are one of the few that actually state exactly what you are getting.

SOLGW LPK
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

SOLGW LPK
View Quote

Agreed. Excellent lpk kits, have used a couple of them and always keep extras on hand.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 12:07:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

SOLGW LPK
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SOLGW LPK

Interesting... I do tend to trust SOLGW, but this part in the description has me scratching my head...

"Our Mag Buttons are made from steel per Mil-Spec versus the aluminum found in the majority of commercially available LPKs on the market."

Mil-Spec mag catch buttons have always been aluminum as far as I'm aware. Colt/mil-spec mag catch buttons have always been Aluminum. It could be argued that steel might be better I suppose.

The only time I have seen a steel mag catch button was in a Geissele LPK I believe.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Only steel mag catch buttons I have gotten were mim and from midwayusa.
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:50:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Several DD models come with Giselle, 3gun or ssa-e i think
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top