[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:39:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Will these survive a 30 year war?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 6:50:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I love Midwest Industries products, but I don't see anything here that I can't find for under a $100 elsewhere. I have a mounts from other vendors that were cheaper, and I have not had any issues with them. What am I not seeing with this product?
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:17:17 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys come out with new shit it seems like every other week. I love it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 2:58:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GR00VYJERRY:
You guys come out with new shit it seems like every other week. I love it.
View Quote
They're awesome. Constantly taking risks to bring out new products. I love their combat series of handguards.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 12:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Midwest_Ind:

These are 100% made in the USA. Many Companies publish made in the USA but they do part of the manufacturing process over seas and then part here. Putting Americans to work always costs more.
We strive to offer the best possible price, but we will not do that by sacrificing quality. From the material we start with to the final product we use the best we can and always will. We know that with many of our products people put lives on the line.
Buy what suits your needs.
View Quote
Get what you pay for.

Capitalism matters. WHERE you send your money is what matters most.

Many companies doing this and its just wrong on so many levels.
Link Posted: 6/5/2019 12:47:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Any plans for 1.93 height?
Link Posted: 6/8/2019 5:50:08 PM EDT
[#9]
👏👏👏
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 9:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By ShootingAg:
I love Midwest Industries products, but I don't see anything here that I can't find for under a $100 elsewhere. I have a mounts from other vendors that were cheaper, and I have not had any issues with them. What am I not seeing with this product?
View Quote
I have to agree on all counts.  Not only that, but non qd makes no sense in today's day and age (at least to me)
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 3:41:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I love most of what you guys do, but like some other posters here, I'm also not sure what to think.

My first thought was that these must be intended to be lighter weight... nope, like 0.3oz lighter than your QDs and as heavy as the competition. So maybe a budget option? I mean, I guess... except guys who can't afford to pay a premium for QD capability probably aren't going to pony up for something with the same functional capabilities as the (much) cheaper foreign made stuff just because its made in the USA. $130 isn't exactly "budget" territory.

Heck, I don't even really use the QD capabilities of my mounts, I just appreciate not having to worry about nuts coming loose over time because a lever can't unscrew with recoil.

I dunno... more options are more better I guess. While I'm sure theres some segment of the market that this will be perfect for, it's clear that I'm not part of it. lol.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 5:20:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind] [#13]
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 5:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By proheromk1:
Will these survive a 30 year war?
View Quote
87 boogaloos.
Link Posted: 6/18/2019 6:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
I’ll buy one in 20 MOA. Better than the Warne I hope (which I had to lap to stop a scope from slipping) and cheaper than a Giessele, and even though I own two, I think they are way overpriced.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 1:38:45 AM EDT
[#16]
So a Qd mount for around $100.00 ?. If you dont want to pay for quality American made products thats your choice. Good luck with that .
Troy
MI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By myhatinthering:
Originally Posted By ShootingAg:
I have to agree on all counts.  Not only that, but non qd makes no sense in today's day and age (at least to me)
So a Qd mount for around $100.00 ?. If you dont want to pay for quality American made products thats your choice. Good luck with that .
Troy
MI
slowdown cupcake, you post here and need to expect some feedback you may not like.  It's not just about cost but utility and alternatives.  I could list a ton of other options that will work ever bit as good for a little less and a little more however, those will be proven and have many will have qd functionality which is something the mkt wants.

Wish you luck here but think you are flat nuts to think people will pay 100 for a heavy non-qd mount with quality alternatives in abundance at proven/better pricing.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 7:15:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Midwest_Ind] [#17]
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:04:33 AM EDT
[#18]
People pay three times that for a Geiselle non QD mount? i'm missing your point. While i too like QD I'm sure these will sell.

Originally Posted By myhatinthering:

slowdown cupcake, you post here and need to expect some feedback you may not like.  It's not just about cost but utility and alternatives.  I could list a ton of other options that will work ever bit as good for a little less and a little more however, those will be proven and have many will have qd functionality which is something the mkt wants.

Wish you luck here but think you are flat nuts to think people will pay 100 for a heavy non-qd mount with quality alternatives in abundance at proven/better pricing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:26:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Cool. I’m actually in the market for one. This fits my bill because I trust your products.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 11:01:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Looks good, and I expect these will sell well particularly if no lapping is needed.

Though I am curious, why the choice of 6061 vs 7075?  Simply a case of 7075 being overkill?
Link Posted: 6/20/2019 10:35:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/9/2019 1:06:21 PM EDT
[#22]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top