Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/4/2021 9:58:00 AM EDT
Sorry, I put my first post in the wrong forum....

I am currently building a AR-15 accuracy build and was trying to decide on a scope.  I came across the Meopta Optika6 line of scope and have become interested because of the the prices and the fact that they are available in first focal plane.  I am currently trying to decide between the 3-18x50 and 4.5-27x50 models.  Does anyone have any experience with either one of these models?  Which would serve my need better if i plan on accuracy shooting out to 500 to 600 occasionally and 100 to 300 yards a majority of the time.  I may occasionally go hunting every now and then, but shots will be under 200 yards.  Thanks for your time in this matter.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
ok, I will give my 2 cents worth on this. the optika6 scopes are excellent scopes for their price point with really nice European glass. I have their 1-6x24 optika6 with the SFP 4C1 reticle and the 3-18x56 with the SFP 4C1 reticle (big german#4 fan here) and between the two you are interested in and the purpose you want to use them for I would recommend the 3-18x50. the 3-18 power range and glass quality will be more than enough for what you want to do. but one of the things to consider when buying a scope is exit pupil size at max magnification. if you want a generous eye box meaning your head doesn't have to be in just the right spot to look through the scope for quick shots (hunting etc) then you should try to stay as close to a 3mm exit pupil if possible at max magnification. the human eye has a hard time seeing through anything much smaller than 3mm. not that it can't be done it is just a bit tougher to do. I know a guy that just bought the 4.5-27x50 and is returning it for that exact reason, his head has to be just right and it makes it tuff to get quick shots off.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top