Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/2/2021 5:48:36 PM EDT
Anyone have first-hand experience with this optic? What I really want to know about is the illumination, specifically on the KDot2, KDot RD, or BDC 3 reticles. Is it daylight bright or is it gonna wash out when I need it the most?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:04:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought one with the 4C1 SFP reticle and no not really what I would call Aimpoint daylight bright. it is decent but not as good as my Steiner military or my meopta R1 or my meopta ZD. they kind of dropped the ball on the brightness but when focused properly the reticle is easy to see and I just wanted the illumination for morning and evening shooting. glass is pretty nice though for the price.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone have first-hand experience with this optic? What I really want to know about is the illumination, specifically on the KDot2, KDot RD, or BDC 3 reticles. Is it daylight bright or is it gonna wash out when I need it the most?

Thanks in advance
View Quote

I asked the same thing a few months ago when these went on sale. They can be had in the high $400s with a coupon here or there. From what others have stated here and on the hide forums, the KDot can be easy to pick up because of the size. The KDot, as you may already know, is not battery illuminated. (sorry, got that confused with the Dichro dot) Also, all other forms of battery illuminated Optika6 1-6 are NOT daylight bright nor do they have any visible illumination during the day outdoors.

Illumination is a rather interesting topic of discussion here . SupersetCA did a video on one of these with traditional illumination. He made some interesting points. This Meopta would have been a STELLAR optic had it not been for illumination. There are so many reticle options in this line of scope, that you might find a reticle that is easy to pick up during the day with next to no illumination. I think SupersetCA's sample had stadia that helped bracket their targets. That again, is also subjective to the user.

Meopta Optika6 1-6 Review - Budget Priced Premium Scope?

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:22:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

.... They can be had in the high $400s with a coupon here or there..........
View Quote

Dvor has some of the Optika6 line on sale for the next 4 days.
https://www.dvor.com/meopta-brand.html?sort=highest-saving&page=1
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
The above video provides great information and answers your questions. I have been using the Meopta Optika6 1-6x24 RD KDOT for over a year now and I have zero complaints. The illumination works in the situations I want it to. First thing in the morning and evening while hog/varmint hunting. I have used it in carbine competitions and on overcast days, it is highly visible, bright sunny days, not so much, that being said, I didn't need it on sunny days anyway. I just got the MeoStar R2 1-6x24 RD and it has amazing glass and illumination but at 3 times the price I would expect that. I have never felt under-scoped while using the Optika6 and friends who have used it are now on the Meopta bandwagon. I have been doing freelance work with Meopta for almost 2 years now and they are going the extra mile to try and make optics that the US consumer wants to use. Everything they put out is built tough and has quality Euro glass.

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 5:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a ZD Tactic 1-4 RD KDot, and am seriously considering a Optika6 1-6 SFP with the KDot for a flat top 20" FN CHF kit that's inbound. Zero issues with the ZD Tactic over 8+ years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 11:34:22 AM EDT
[#6]
You won't be disappointed! My son loves the KDOT because of how fast it lets him get on target when hunting critters. A lot of great features and quality for the price.
I'm sure you get one you will pass along your impressions.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top