Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2020 8:35:03 AM EDT
How well does the McFadden speed loader work with the adapter for Black Dog 22 mags?
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]
This one?
http://blackdogmachinellc.net/lightnin-grip-loader.aspx

It works very well.   It's been reliable and it's fast.

One caution, the trigger is plastic and sticks out a bit.  I would not toss the loader in the bottom of my range bag where the trigger might end up with something heavy dumped on it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 8:45:36 AM EDT
[#2]
It works really well.
My adapted just broke so I need to order another one or maybe 2.  
It was my fault as I tried to force it.
But it has been great so far.
Wish it was constructed with beefier material.
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2020 1:49:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got mine last week. Best thing since sliced bread. I also bought an adapter for 10/22 mags. Heaven.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 8:56:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

One caution, the trigger is plastic and sticks out a bit.  I would not toss the loader in the bottom of my range bag where the trigger might end up with something heavy dumped on it.
View Quote

Loader works awesome for me also.    SIG, Black Dog (old and xform), and CMMG mags.

I try to load mags at home before leaving as I'm concerned about breaking the loader too, same with their pistol loaders.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#6]
As is also the case with another brand bulk loader that I have for Ruger 10/22 mags (Note:  McFadden only sells an adapter for aftermarket 10/22 mags, not Ruger factory 10/22 mags), the McFadden loader chute and loading mechanism get gummed up if you use waxed ammo.  The softer the wax, the more quickly the loaders get gummed up.  It is no fun cleaning either brand of loader.

And FWIW, if you happen to have the all steel, Atchisson MkII/III pattern mags sold by J.A. Ciener, the McFadden AR-15 adapter is not compatible.

MHO, YMMV, etc.  Be well.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got one, works pretty well. But the bettermag adapter and s&w mp mags is lots better.
Link Posted: 12/20/2020 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I have used the heck out of it.  Works great.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 3:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top