Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2020 7:36:29 PM EDT
Anyone have a clear enough picture to ID McCloskey's A2 that he bravely used in self defense today?  I'm assuming it was a Colt Sporter II, or maybe a Colt Target as the large front pivot pin had been identified.  Can't see if it has the bayonet lug or not.

Here's a link to the story.

The A2 in question.

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Neutered postban configuration AR

Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:48:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee, I guess they're going to have to go find some other rich people who did nothing to them to go get "justice" I guess.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

The rifles sold during the ban era didn’t have a flash hider.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Correct, I know Colt voluntarily adopted some "safety" modifications to their guns long before the AWB.  Larger front pivot pin, neutered bolt carrier, non standard size trigger pins, and later (around late 80's / early 90's) they took it upon themselves to sell rifles to the public without bayonet lugs (but still with flash hiders).  They did this for half a decade or so before the AWB was signed into law.

Both HBARs and GI profiles 20" ARs were made with this modification, though the vast majority of 20" rifles sold were HBARs, so that would be my guess.

Looks like a good ol' Colt Sporter Target A2.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:00:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The rifles sold during the ban era didn't have a flash hider.
View Quote

At the time, Armalite's AR barrels were still threaded and had postban-legal brakes pinned and welded on, so the brakes were more easily replaced after the sunset, something Armalite was offering to do for their customers.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:03:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Immediately before the ban they were like that.   That was Colt appeasing the government.  I have Colts in that configuration.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Correct, I know Colt voluntarily adopted some "safety" modifications to their guns long before the AWB.  Larger front pivot pin, neutered bolt carrier, non standard size trigger pins, and later (around late 80's / early 90's) they took it upon themselves to sell rifles to the public without bayonet lugs (but still with flash hiders).  They did this for half a decade or so before the AWB was signed into law.

Both HBARs and GI profiles 20" ARs were made with this modification, though the vast majority of 20" rifles sold were HBARs, so that would be my guess.

Looks like a good ol' Colt Sporter Target A2.
View Quote
Don't forget about the sear block.
Link Posted: 6/30/2020 10:38:41 AM EDT
[#8]
She's ready for business with her finger on the trigger.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top