Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2020 2:42:29 PM EDT
Looking to build an AR pistol soon, will most likely go with PWS MK111 Mod 2 in 5.56. I may try to get a suppressor one day, but that's not on the table yet.

I am new to the AR15 platform, owned an AR years ago but did not do any mods on it, and have no clue what kind of buffer/springs I should go with, especially considering the shorter barrel.

The MK111 will have an 11inch barrel, 1:8 twist, just going to shoot the standard 55gr or 62gr rounds.

What would be a good buffer/spring to pair up with this setup?
Looking at Maxim braces right now, and they have H1/H2/H3, standard, silent capture (some braces) heavy and standard.

And any comments on Maxim braces and/or their silent capture springs?
Link Posted: 5/15/2020 5:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I have three rifles in the 10.5-11.5 barrel length range on which I run Maxim CQB stocks (same housing as the brace).  I use their H2 buffers in all of them.

Nothing against the JP buffers.  I have other uppers with regulated gas systems that I use on a couple of the lowers.  For those uppers, I use a Maxim standard carbine buffer.  So it's less money to just swap out the buffer when I switch them over, than the entire assembly for the JP.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top