Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2021 3:42:13 PM EDT
This is my first build. I've completed my lower and I am sourcing parts for my upper. Does it make sense to match the finish of the BCG and Barrel? I don't care about the cosmetics. What I'm thinking about is wear on one or the other because of any differences between the hardness of the two finishes. DLC vs. phosphate, that sort of thing. Does it matter?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:42:28 PM EDT
no, not an issue
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:45:02 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DCC83501:
no, not an issue
View Quote

This ^^^
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:25:32 PM EDT
Much appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:50:40 PM EDT
Where can I get  a low mass BCG 556/M16 Nitride IN STOCK anywhere in the US?  
Brownells, RCA, or Durabolt ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:20:21 AM EDT
BCG never touches the barrel
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:46:01 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tejas1836:
BCG never touches the barrel
View Quote

lol!
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:10:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/3/2021 12:12:06 PM EDT by MS556]
Originally Posted By leaveyourego:
This is my first build. I've completed my lower and I am sourcing parts for my upper. Does it make sense to match the finish of the BCG and Barrel? I don't care about the cosmetics. What I'm thinking about is wear on one or the other because of any differences between the hardness of the two finishes. DLC vs. phosphate, that sort of thing. Does it matter?
View Quote

No.  

Select barrel and bcg for the quality and properties you deem important.  Get the barrel that meets your needs.  Do the same for the bcg.  I run phosphate, nitride and nicker boron bcgs, each for a different purpose.  That choice is independent of barrel style construction.  

Your bcg runs in an aluminum upper with only the bolt lugs contacting the barrel extension.  Differences in steel on those contact points is irrelevant, provided the bolt is of proper mil spec substrate steel construction.
Top Top