Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/9/2021 3:42:13 PM EDT
This is my first build. I've completed my lower and I am sourcing parts for my upper. Does it make sense to match the finish of the BCG and Barrel? I don't care about the cosmetics. What I'm thinking about is wear on one or the other because of any differences between the hardness of the two finishes. DLC vs. phosphate, that sort of thing. Does it matter?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:42:28 PM EDT
[#1]
no, not an issue
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
no, not an issue
View Quote

This ^^^
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 8:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Much appreciated, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 9:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Where can I get  a low mass BCG 556/M16 Nitride IN STOCK anywhere in the US?  
Brownells, RCA, or Durabolt ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 12:20:21 AM EDT
[#5]
BCG never touches the barrel
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
BCG never touches the barrel
View Quote

lol!
Link Posted: 5/3/2021 12:10:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
This is my first build. I've completed my lower and I am sourcing parts for my upper. Does it make sense to match the finish of the BCG and Barrel? I don't care about the cosmetics. What I'm thinking about is wear on one or the other because of any differences between the hardness of the two finishes. DLC vs. phosphate, that sort of thing. Does it matter?
View Quote

No.  

Select barrel and bcg for the quality and properties you deem important.  Get the barrel that meets your needs.  Do the same for the bcg.  I run phosphate, nitride and nicker boron bcgs, each for a different purpose.  That choice is independent of barrel style construction.  

Your bcg runs in an aluminum upper with only the bolt lugs contacting the barrel extension.  Differences in steel on those contact points is irrelevant, provided the bolt is of proper mil spec substrate steel construction.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top