Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/26/2020 10:17:35 AM EDT
Posting this question for @Billk77.

It was posted in my "Lots of 9mm AR info" thread.

Quoted:
Need some help!  I have a Nordic Comp 9mm lower for M&P that I am building.  I am using an upper from a Glock configuration and finding that the bolt binds with the lips of the M&P mag.  The width of the bottom feature of the bolt is wider than the distance of the mag lips.  Who makes a bolt that works with M&P mags?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/26/2020 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that like putting Ford parts on chevy
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 2:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
A Glock cut bolt should work with M&P magazines.  Are you sure the bolt is the proper one?  If so, perhaps the mags are riding too high in the magwell?
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Drop Point
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been scouring the various bolts.  It appears that those that use the 1911 style extractor have a wider feature to strip the round off the mag.  Those that use the AR style bolt appears to have a narrower feature.  I would like someone to post the face of their bolt that use the AR style extractor and identify the manufacturer.  I'm not clear on how to paste a photo of what I have!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:24:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been scouring the various bolts.  It appears that those that use the 1911 style extractor have a wider feature to strip the round off the mag.  Those that use the AR style bolt appears to have a narrower feature.  I would like someone to post the face of their bolt that use the AR style extractor and identify the manufacturer.  I'm not clear on how to paste a photo of what I have!
View Quote

See post #12
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
s4s4u ... Thank You!  It appears that the photo that shows all 3 bolt faces explains the differences.  I have the bolt on the far right!  The other two appear to be narrow enough to slide between the two lips of the M&P mags!
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
s4s4u ... Thank You!  It appears that the photo that shows all 3 bolt faces explains the differences.  I have the bolt on the far right!  The other two appear to be narrow enough to slide between the two lips of the M&P mags!
View Quote

You do not have a Glock cut bolt.  You can have your bolt milled, but it would likely be more economical to just get a Glock cut bolt and sell yours, or save it for a later build using Colt mags or Endomags
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I did remove the bolt from a configuration that did shoot with Glock mags.  The lower is a custom from AX Tactical in New Hartford NY.  They must have situated the mag interface for the bolt to sweep above the Glock mag lips.
Link Posted: 12/26/2020 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I did remove the bolt from a configuration that did shoot with Glock mags.  The lower is a custom from AX Tactical in New Hartford NY.  They must have situated the mag interface for the bolt to sweep above the Glock mag lips.
View Quote

Or the bolt somehow got swapped along the way.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top