BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2020 9:32:42 AM EDT
Hey folks, starting to get into the USGI mag craze (already have 2 Okay Industries, just need to find more for a good deal!)

And want to swap the floor plates out. In favor of minimal design/less bulk, the MP L-Plates have caught my eye.

They seem to be discontinued, but you can still find them on Brownells and such.

Anyone have experience with them? They arent anything crazy but seem like just enough to protect the base plate and add some grip.

UPDATE: Please check out my WTB EE posting if you've got some in FDE ;D Also ordered some (5/21) from Optics Planet. Got 2 packs of Black, and 1 of Olive Drab (suprised they have OD!)
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 10:07:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hey folks, starting to get into the USGI mag craze (already have 2 Okay Industries, just need to find more for a good deal!)

And want to swap the floor plates out. In favor of minimal design/less bulk, the MP L-Plates have caught my eye.

They seem to be discontinued, but you can still find them on Brownells and such.

Anyone have experience with them? They arent anything crazy but seem like just enough to protect the base plate and add some grip.
View Quote

That is their intended design, to act as a bumper for the bottom of the mag, along with something to grip on to.

There were some listed in the EE the other day. If not, put up a WTB ad, someone has some laying around.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SouthernSlammed:

That is their intended design, to act as a bumper for the bottom of the mag, along with something to grip on to.

There were some listed in the EE the other day. If not, put up a WTB ad, someone has some laying around.
View Quote

Took your advice, now we wait lol. Now if people will be willing to part with their FDE ones is another question...
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:35:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:03:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Tigwelder1971:
LINK

ANOTHER
View Quote

Both are out of stock of FDE (Also the midwest site is selling them as individual plates for 5.95, otherwise I'd buy like 5 packs!) Lol

May just order some new black ones while around :)
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:21:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By NeedsMoreMausers:

Both are out of stock of FDE (Also the midwest site is selling them as individual plates for 5.95, otherwise I'd buy like 5 packs!) Lol

May just order some new black ones while around :)
View Quote

THIS lets me add to cart.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:22:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PursuitSS:

To my knowledge they only came in 3 packs.

I have them in...

Black
O.D. Green
Foliage Green
Flat Dark Earth

And no, none are for sale!
View Quote

Lol

I shot them an email to confirm (because yes, I've only seen them in 3 packs). Will report back if I hear it is a 3 pack or not
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#9]

THIS lets me add to cart.
View Quote

I saw them too and was about to order 2 packs....only ship to Canada :(
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#10]

I saw them too and was about to order 2 packs....only ship to Canada :(
View Quote

You are shitting me?
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]

You are shitting me?
View Quote

Yup, drop down menu on shipping only shows Canada. :(

Now I really want the FDE ones hahaha

Snagged 2 black and one ODG from optics planet
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:35:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Well shoot, that sucks that they are discontinued. Really one of the best accessories for the AR15. A curved D&H 20-round with an L-plate is the best compromise for aluminum mag durability with less weight and impact resistance. Keep in mind that you will loose one round in capacity.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Yup, drop down menu on shipping only shows Canada. :( 

Now I really want the FDE ones hahaha

Snagged 2 black and one ODG from optics planet
View Quote

Damn.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Also confirmed from MidwestPX, they are selling them for 5.95 PER SINGLE PLATE. So its basically the same as a 3 pack :/
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:50:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Damnit!! I love the L-Plate.  I have them on every aluminum mag I own.  I bet I have 500 or so.  Here is a batch I did last fall.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2020 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Damnit!! I love the L-Plate.  I have them on every aluminum mag I own.  I bet I have 500 or so.  Here is a batch I did last fall.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/340387/160FC26B-913D-4355-9A1E-40F8646FEE9F-1426536.jpg
View Quote

Dang!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll bet they would look great on Brownell's 20 round mags too.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 9:30:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Discontinued SUCKS!

https://i.imgur.com/bFqCofb.jpg
View Quote

Stop making me sad lol
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I have some FDE L plates. I prefer the Ranger plates though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 8:04:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Well shoot, that sucks that they are discontinued. Really one of the best accessories for the AR15. A curved D&H 20-round with an L-plate is the best compromise for aluminum mag durability with less weight and impact resistance. Keep in mind that you will loose one round in capacity.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 10:35:20 PM EDT
[#22]
The L-Plate is pretty cool. As it kicked off the first Magpul Maglevel Mag. Yet short lived and proceeded by the PMAG.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 11:47:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Well I went ahead and ordered 5 packs (15) from Brownells, they’re arriving in the morning. I thought about it and went to order 5 more..........SOLD OUT
View Quote

Glad I ordered mine when I did then
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:01:11 AM EDT
[#25]
I love the L Plates. Try to put them in all my USGI mag, but couldn't justify the cost. It turns the USGI mag into a great mono pod.

Why discontinue them MagPul?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:00:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Been a fan too

Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:05:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Well it would seem everyone got wise all the sudden, or I just inadvertently hurt my own efforts in getting more! (What have I done?!)

Grabbed some more in the meantime, may not even open my pack of ODG ones at this point lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#30]
I have found many black plates all over the interwebs, no OD or FDE though

Here's a good deal.

Also here
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:55:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I have found many black plates all over the interwebs, no OD or FDE though

Here's a good deal.

Also here
View Quote

Oh boy, may have to order even more form KYgunco lol

Ugh, literally just want FDE hahaha I'm doing a black/fde build so it would go really well!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:59:54 AM EDT
[#32]
I just grabbed (4) 3-packs for $12.48 each. Last 4 they had. $64 shipped after tax.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I only own a handful of USGI mags now, but glad I updated them with FDE L-Plates before they got discontinued. Now I'm starting to regret selling some of them on the EE a while back
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 1:53:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Wow, the venerable Buffer Technologies MagCinch! I have a couple of those that I bought about 15 years ago but have never used.

Edit: You guys are a terrible influence. I just panic bought a dozen (four 3-packs) OD green L-plates from Lohman Arms in TN. The good price ($13.49 per pack) offset the ridiculous $16.95 flat rate shipping, so I basically paid MSRP for them. I always wanted to try them but just never got around to it, so I figured I better get a few while I can.

I was going to order them from Optics Planet, but they went from "7 available" yesterday to "Estimated to ship within 10-19 days" and a dollar price increase today, which I took to mean they are actually sold out but don't know it yet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 2:11:34 PM EDT
[#35]
FDE gods, why have you forsaken meee!!! Lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:13:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Dam! Now I have to buy a few more L-Plates.

Will MagPul still be making the USGI Ranger Plates?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 9:21:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Well crap haha I shouldnt have said anything lol
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:19:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wow, the venerable Buffer Technologies MagCinch! I have a couple of those that I bought about 15 years ago but have never used.

Edit: You guys are a terrible influence. I just panic bought a dozen (four 3-packs) OD green L-plates from Lohman Arms in TN. The good price ($13.49 per pack) offset the ridiculous $16.95 flat rate shipping, so I basically paid MSRP for them. I always wanted to try them but just never got around to it, so I figured I better get a few while I can.

I was going to order them from Optics Planet, but they went from "7 available" yesterday to "Estimated to ship within 10-19 days" and a dollar price increase today, which I took to mean they are actually sold out but don't know it yet.
View Quote

Been on bedside duty since I got it. It was kind of a good deal if you factor in that it came with the preban mags.
I dont remember what i gave for it.
At one point it had pink magpul followers.

Found the spare straps I ordered when I bought mine. I didn't know at the time it was ordinary webbing. Today I realized they are packed in magazine storage bags.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:14:45 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Been on bedside duty since I got it. It was kind of a good deal if you factor in that it came with the preban mags.
View Quote

Pic? Didnt know such a beast existed.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 8:09:05 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The prototypes. They sent them out for testing. I think there was only a nominal cost. I have them somewhere. I'll see if I can dig them up.
They were pink weren't they?
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

YOU are a terrible influence!

I just bought 4 packs each of OD and black.

ETA: I was given a refund, out of stock
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
YOU are a terrible influence!

I just bought 4 packs each of OD and black.
View Quote

Ha ha! Just remember, it’s like you saved money with the flat rate shipping by ordering twice as many as I did.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ha ha! Just remember, it’s like you saved money with the flat rate shipping by ordering twice as many as I did.
View Quote

Lol yeah, thinking about ordering more myself now xD
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Started a new thread.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:02:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Well the good news is it seems some retailers are actually restocking (?!) Their inventory of L-Plates in regards to black and ODG. Just bought another round of the 2 colors  from optics planet lol
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 4:44:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#47]
HOORAY!!!!

Thanks for the update! (Totally cus I emailed them yesterday haha)

Wish they did all 3 colors though, maybe In the future.

Did they say anything specific? Like due to demand etc?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:52:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 7:34:11 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
No comments from them other than the Black units are simply “Out of Stock”.

I’m wondering in the back of my head if this thread caused a “run” on them and they reconsidered.

I know I’m going to stock up when Brownells gets them back in stock.

I purchase them for the functionality BUT, I prefer the FDE color.
View Quote

Possibly. Like I said, I snagged 2 more OD and another black for good measure. I now have more than I do mags!

I STILL havnt found FDE ones, and no one seems to be biting on my WTB ad :( If you ever change your mind on selling some, hit me up!
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:13:16 PM EDT
[#50]
This is one AR thing I've known about for a long time,  ut never actually seen in person.  

Now I'm interested
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top