Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2020 3:20:28 PM EDT
Not a huge deal but something seems a little odd with my MBUS Pro rear. I had it mounted all the way to the rear but my PRI charging handle is getting dinged up because the sight hangs over the receiver just a tad... to the rear. Never had that happen with KAC sights.

So I moved it forward one slot. It is on an M4E1 upper, so the geometry isn’t exactly mil-spec. When the sight is laying down, it looks crooked towards the ejection side of the receiver. When flipped up it appears fine. I know I have it adjusted to the right a little for proper POA / POI. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this with MBUS Pro.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't used the pros, but it looks like the whole flip up part is adjusted by the windage knob. So if you have to adjust the rear far to one side, it's going to hang over no matter what.

While it doesn't hang over, the Matech on one of my build doesn't sit centered for the same reason.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Is your rifle zeroed like that? It seems to me a bigger problem is that your sights are cranked pretty far to the right.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 3:46:14 PM EDT
[#3]
It doesn't look crooked, it looks adjusted to one side like you said.  I would be looking at the rail timing or installation.  If you have to get the rear moved that much for POI/POA, then you have a problem with your front sight, not back.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
It’s your front sight that’s the issue.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It doesn't look crooked, it looks adjusted to one side like you said.  I would be looking at the rail timing or installation.  If you have to get the rear moved that much for POI/POA, then you have a problem with your front sight, not back.
View Quote

You’re probably right. Damn Larue rail that requires to be timed. I feel like it’s straight and timed, barrel nut has to allow for gas tube. I’ll have to give it another look.

Doesn’t affect function. Just kind of odd looking.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top