Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2018 2:59:01 PM EDT
I'm wondering what can fit in the magpul ACS stock storage compartment. I want to put either a 7.62 bore snake or a fun size candy bar that doesn't melt in the heat. Does anyone know if the bore snake will fit or what candy bars will fit. Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking a boresnake should fit if you cram it in there. May be a little tight.

For a candy bar, you may be limited to the little single-bite ones that are just a small square. The compartment is semi-triangular and likely will not fit the longer fun-size candy.

If I remember I may try and put the boresnake in one. I have 2x of the ACS-L.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am thinking a boresnake should fit if you cram it in there. May be a little tight.

For a candy bar, you may be limited to the little single-bite ones that are just a small square. The compartment is semi-triangular and likely will not fit the longer fun-size candy.

If I remember I may try and put the boresnake in one. I have 2x of the ACS-L.
View Quote
Candy bar wouldn't fit. A tootsie roll however will.
I'm pretty sure they are meant for cr23 batteries.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Tubes are about the diameter of a dime for CR123’s but you could fit one of those bite size candy bars like the small snickers you hand out for Halloween in the other storage compartment.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Home made rice Krispy treat sized to the compartment wrapped in plastic wrap.
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Candy bar wouldn't fit. A tootsie roll however will.
I'm pretty sure they are meant for cr23 batteries.
View Quote
the one I'm looking at has a triangular storage compartment along with the battery holders. i never thought of tootsy rolls though. thanks for the tip!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 12:31:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

the one I'm looking at has a triangular storage compartment along with the battery holders. i never thought of tootsy rolls though. thanks for the tip!
View Quote
There's two ACS stocks, there's the ACS with the tubes, and the low profile ACS-L without.
The tubes are meant for AA or CR123 batteries. They aren't that huge, but I could see stuffing a bore snake into the compartment.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 2:40:37 PM EDT
[#7]
It's a tight fit but l got it on the first try.

Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:28:40 AM EDT
[#8]
^^^ There you go. Seems like a good used of space.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 2:25:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
^^^ There you go. Seems like a good used of space.
View Quote
Throw a small bottle of CLP in the grip and good to go
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:20:01 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:27:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Is there an insulated stock that will hold at least two craft beers in 12oz bottles?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#13]
you should make one but make sure it has a bottle opener built into it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is there an insulated stock that will hold at least two craft beers in 12oz bottles?
View Quote
You could probably get one 12oz craft beer in one of the new style braces
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You could probably get one 12oz craft beer in one of the new style braces

I always wonder what I should put in my stock and grip compartments. Usually just ear plugs and microfiber lens cloths. I think I like where you guys are going with this better.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top