Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2021 6:33:36 PM EDT
Hey all, im looking for a magnifier and mount combo that will line up with a Comp m4s on the standard qrp 2 mount. Looking at the aimpoint magnifiers, or the vortex vmx-3t, but wanna make sure the vortex will line up, or what mount to get with the aimpoint 3x. Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 6:41:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Stick with same manufacturer for both mounts.

Everybody seems to have their own heights and definition thereof.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]
That does make alot of sense, so with an aimpoiny magnifier and mount I should be good ?
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:23:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I use Aimpoint with Aimpoint and Vortext with Vortex etc.

That said, I just now took an Aimpoint CompM4s with the standard knob fast release Aimpoint mount that it came with and dropped it in front of a Vortex Micro 3x with the standard cam quick release mount that comes with that and it appeared to line up fine.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The right answer is to either verify with the mfg or stick to the same mfg. However, I’ve used magnifiers that were way off center from the centerline of the rds (as in I can see the top of the RDS housing occluding a third of the magnified image), and I’m just saying, it worked fine
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 9:06:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That does make alot of sense, so with an aimpoiny magnifier and mount I should be good ?
View Quote

Yes. AP twist mount is amazing IMO.

Quoted:
The right answer is to either verify with the mfg or stick to the same mfg. However, I’ve used magnifiers that were way off center from the centerline of the rds (as in I can see the top of the RDS housing occluding a third of the magnified image), and I’m just saying, it worked fine
View Quote

This^^^. Although my OCD got the best of me. I had to have them aligned.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#6]
LaRue LaRue

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I want to get a magnifier so bad, but cant seem to get past the issue that a good 1-6 scope will do the same thing...I am trying to justify it, but having difficulty

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I want to get a magnifier so bad, but cant seem to get past the issue that a good 1-6 scope will do the same thing...I am trying to justify it, but having difficulty

View Quote
It depends on what you need for accuracy and what red dot you have. An Aimpoint T2 +3XC weighs under a lb total for both optics. A Comp M4+ a 3X magnifier and you're going to be around 24 oz with mounts at which point you may as well use a 1-6x.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

But a good 1-6 won't do what a Comp M4s will do.
Yeah, a lot of guys say they would be just as happy clearing a building with a LPVO.
I just don't believe them.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:50:17 PM EDT
[#10]
QRP mount with the shim lines up very well with the GG&G flip to side mount
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 10:58:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
QRP mount with the shim lines up very well with the GG&G flip to side mount
View Quote

If you're talking the QRP2, I'll have to disagree....

Attachment Attached File

It works but the misalignment drives me nuts.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote

... my Troy LaRue "Po Boy special" ...

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:  I want to get a magnifier so bad, but cant seem to get past the issue that a good 1-6 scope will do the same thing...I am trying to justify it, but having difficulty
View Quote

Why I went w/ the Lucid 2-5X on a QD flip mount.  I move it from gun to gun.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top