Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2023 11:18:02 AM EDT
TAPCO made a mag cover for AR's, sold in 10 pacs with Logo imprint. I have used them for years and kept extras for new mags and the off chance I loose one. Went to replenish my stock and they are "". No one has any. Sarco has a similar type made of plastic that works but not as good as the TAPCO's. What happened, am I the only one that used them?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 12:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Tapco is gone gone, might resurface under new ownership but last I knew not back from the dead yet after Remington went under and was bought up.

Cammenga as a substitute maybe?
Link Posted: 5/21/2023 1:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
not as good as the TAPCO's.
View Quote

Quite possibly the first person to have ever said this
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
Indeed, Tapco made good stuff? I don't recall their reputation being that great.
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 7:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Indeed, Tapco made good stuff? I don't recall their reputation being that great.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had a few decent products over the years.  Their AK trigger was basically THE option for a long time.  However, they also made some questionable stuff.  
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They had a few decent products over the years.  Their AK trigger was basically THE option for a long time.  However, they also made some questionable stuff.  
View Quote
I don't have anything from them, but I've read chatter over the years that their stuff wasn't great. Kind of like MFT and ARC mags.
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't have anything from them, but I've read chatter over the years that their stuff wasn't great. Kind of like MFT and ARC mags.
View Quote

I think their poor reputation overall came from the SKS accessories they sold that caused many a rifle to become "Bubba'ed'. The mere mention of the word "Tapco" conjured images of SKS's festooned with all manner of trinkets and baubles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2023 4:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Used to love getting the little Tapco catalog mailer when they were more a parts company than a manufacturer. But I have never gotten a bad product from them. I think anything negative was more of a why is it needed or a visual appeal thing not as much a quality thing.
Link Posted: 6/5/2023 2:20:16 PM EDT
[#8]
The only thing I ever have used are the Mag dust covers and they have been fantastic. There are "0" out there now. Sarco has a no name brand that are ok but I prefer the Tapco.
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 2:51:32 PM EDT
[#9]
The Tapco are listed as discontinued by the mfgr.

Honestly, the only thing Tapco that I crave at this point is one of the stripped lowers, for the sake of novelty:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2023 7:46:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/23/2023 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#11]
WTF is a magizine?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I have never used a magazine cover in my life.

Sarco is the firearm flea market to the universe, selling worn out, obscure, military surplus to the unwashed masses.

Tapco should be out-of-business. If you wanted something cheap, ugly and plastic, they were your guy's.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top