Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2020 11:05:59 PM EDT
This is my first foray into the dark world of 9mm builds; I have a standard lower and a "filler block" that has to be either epoxied in place or the receiver itself drilled for a couple of screws, now that much really isn't an issue, what IS is the regular magazine lock is deep enough to go through the receiver and into the block, but not deep enough to engauge the 9mm double stack (Colt?) magazine.  
I've looked for ones with a thicker tab, and I suppose I could braze a piece on and machine it to fit, but before I do I figured it best to just ask.  

BTW: The Block isn't marked, so I've no idea who made it or where it came from: it all came to me a basket case.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I had to take a file to the flat surface in red. Fixed my problem using a Spike’s 9mm block. My symptoms were the same as yours. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 12:32:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I had a similar issue using converted Uzi mags.  I used a Rock River 9mm catch which protrudes about .02" deeper than a standard catch.  Part #9MM0099:  https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1731
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 1:15:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 1:54:03 AM EDT
[#4]
any other place to buy this part from?
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 9:39:41 AM EDT
[#5]
9mmar.com

Looks like they also sell the Spike's Tactical version:  http://9mmar.com/spikes-tactical-mag-catch-9mm-only/
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
any other place to buy this part from?
View Quote
I was going to send you to Brownells, but they are now discontinued.  Looks like Rock River is the only source.

The difference is they are thinner around the threaded post, allowing the catch to sink deeper into the lower.  File as shown above is another option.
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top