Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/3/2021 2:56:29 PM EDT
Ok, may be a fairly strange question, but
I just completed an AR-10, 80% Build. I finished it and it all operates as it should except, that I have to hold the magazine up, in order for it to bring the next round in. I had the company send me a replacement lower, and just tested the mag fit, and it does the same thing, there is around 1/16th of an inch drop in the mag release/catch. Is this normal, or did they send me the wrong size mag release/catch button? Or could it be the Magpul Mag? MagPro Mag? Hexmag Mag?

I have tested the fit of a new mag catch pin, with JB weld added to it to keep the catch from moving and that seems to help. What do yall suggest to make it a more permanent fix?

Or should there be play in this area?
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 5:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top