Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2021 4:25:43 PM EDT
Which mag pouches do you guys use to store loaded mags. I have a couple of the GI molle pouches but I can’t seem to find any that are reasonably priced.

Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a few styles of Tactical Tailor and I like them a lot. Short, tall, bungies on some.

Top notch quality.

Tactical Tailor Ammo Pouches
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Esstac.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 8:56:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Esstac.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:16:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Do you have chest rig or a plate carrier?

https://militaryluggage.com/multicam-ocp-recon-chest-rig/

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:02:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I like the Eagle Industries SAW pouches, they will hold 6 30 round Pmags or 4 20 round .308 mags. They are currently less than $10 on EBay, a smoking deal for mil-spec quality.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:30:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like the Eagle Industries SAW pouches, they will hold 6 30 round Pmags or 4 20 round .308 mags. They are currently less than $10 on EBay, a smoking deal for mil-spec quality.
View Quote

Eagle industries 200?
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 12:47:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I have the old school type, they work and are cheap

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 2:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes 200 round SAW pouch
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 11:29:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the Ace bandoliers. They're easy to grab and go for my wife, kids, or me.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]
these are nice if you can get one.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939579089?pid=995283
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#11]
USGI bandoliers are good for carrying around magazines, can hold 6 aluminum/steel mags but it's a tighter fit with pmags and the like.

If you're looking for a pouch for a belt, rig, or plate carrier...

1) G-code are good, with excellent retention, and have a universal fit (ie: can use them for AK mags, etc).  But, they're a bit pricy compared to #2.

2) Eagle industries has some good gear that is a bit old school (used or new) which can be found easily on eBay or surplus sites.  It's milspec, some is made in USA, and you can find the velcro or bungee varieties.   With my setup I wasn't looking for high speed but rather long term storage/retention, so I use the 2 mag pouches with velcro covers.  They're really cheap and pretty robust.
Link Posted: 3/15/2021 3:52:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Storage: G outdoors magazine caddy
Chest rig: Velocity Systems quad placard / Spiritus mk4 / Esstac for that EZ reindexing
Belt: Esstac / ITW fastmags
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 2:01:14 AM EDT
[#13]
HSGI Tacos for me.

I also really like the couple of rapid-adjust pouches I got to try from First Spear. Although I will note those are advertised as working with .308 mags and even have photos of a .308 PMAG in there... I don't know how the hell they actually got one in there to take the photo. I cannot get .308 PMAGs or Lancer L7s into those pouches to save my life even with the retention totally slack. I was BARELY able to get a KAC-pattern SR-25 mag into one. Since I go back and forth between 5.56 and 7.62, it's taco for me.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 11:07:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
HSGI Tacos for me.

I also really like the couple of rapid-adjust pouches I got to try from First Spear. Although I will note those are advertised as working with .308 mags and even have photos of a .308 PMAG in there... I don't know how the hell they actually got one in there to take the photo. I cannot get .308 PMAGs or Lancer L7s into those pouches to save my life even with the retention totally slack. I was BARELY able to get a KAC-pattern SR-25 mag into one. Since I go back and forth between 5.56 and 7.62, it's taco for me.
View Quote

Another vote for the Tacos.  Picture here has AR, AK47 and a G3 mag all inside without adjustment.  Have another photo I'm looking for that has a AR, AK, SCAR 17 and vz58 mag on my carrier.
Attachment Attached File

As stated USGI 4 panel bandoleer.  Unzip the white string.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

CD

Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:28:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
USGI bandoliers are good for carrying around magazines, can hold 6 aluminum/steel mags but it's a tighter fit with pmags and the like.

If you're looking for a pouch for a belt, rig, or plate carrier...

1) G-code are good, with excellent retention, and have a universal fit (ie: can use them for AK mags, etc).  But, they're a bit pricy compared to #2.

2) Eagle industries has some good gear that is a bit old school (used or new) which can be found easily on eBay or surplus sites.  It's milspec, some is made in USA, and you can find the velcro or bungee varieties.   With my setup I wasn't looking for high speed but rather long term storage/retention, so I use the 2 mag pouches with velcro covers.  They're really cheap and pretty robust.
View Quote

Any good sources for the us go bandoliers?
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 2:57:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Amazon. Use "USGI M16 Bandoliers" for your search. Lots in stock as of right now.
Link Posted: 3/19/2021 10:41:23 AM EDT
[#17]
I have usgi style for the PCs/battle-belt, and safariland kydex for trouser belt.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 5:00:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Similar to the Midway item posted above.  Great for grab and go.

Mag Bag
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 8:37:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been doing pretty well on ebay for stuff like this.  The usgi bandolier's are no exception, you'll find plenty there.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
these are nice if you can get one.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939579089?pid=995283
View Quote

I have some of these.

Check the double point slings too.

AR-STONER Modular 2-in-1 Single Bungee Sling
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Double Tap

edit
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:39:40 AM EDT
[#22]
Is there any difference between the brands aside from possible quality?
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 12:47:52 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a bunch, really like the Esstac Kywis (use the .308 version ones, they work with 5.56 as well). Also like the HSGI tacos, I even put an esstac .308 plastic insert in one for a lil easier re-insertion of mags, works great.

But for cheap/functional; AR500 has their own brand of simple mag pouch (for pistol or rifle). These are really good quality and don't cost much, problem is they might take forever and a day to get them in stock or ship them out... But IMHO these are the best bang for the buck if you want good/durable stuff and at a cheap cost.

Of course if you want simple and standalone mag-carrier, get on Amazon and buy a simple bandolier, might have to settle for that crappy ACU camo color though (M81 woodland camo is the best, but don't seem to be in stock anymore..). Especially if you just wanna outfit others (wife, kids, friends, etc). Make one pouch a simple IFAK (CAT TQ, gauze/celox-z-fold), then the other two will provide 4x 30 rounders. Which for most situations will probably be more than enough (of course I'm sure in arfcom fashion someone will be along to inform us all about some wild scenario where you might do 5 mag dumps and still need more rounds in order to survive...).
Link Posted: 5/2/2021 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#25]
SAW pouches.  Only thing I don't like is there's no separated between mags.  Best way to carry 6 mags though.
Link Posted: 6/20/2021 3:48:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
SAW pouches.  Only thing I don't like is there's no separated between mags.  Best way to carry 6 mags though.
View Quote

IIRC you should be able to fit 7 inside.

CD
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#27]
I ended up ordering a couple from midway. They hold 8 mags and are $20 I’ll let you know the quality when I receive them
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#28]
I recieved  the Midway 8 mag bandoleers. They are constructed well, mags can easily be removed but in my opinion 8 mags is too much for a bandoleer. 6 mags is the sweet spot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2021 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I literally have stacks of ever kind of USGI mag pouch used from 1987-current. Same with bandoliers
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top