Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2020 7:20:50 PM EDT
So I ordered this from PSA.  https://palmettostatearmory.com/s-w-m-p15-moe-sl-mid-5-56mm-30rd-16-rifle-fde-11513.html?avad=55963_b1941d505&utm_source=Avantlink&utm_medium=Referral&utm_campaign=cl I'm in Cook Co. Illinois so they won't ship me the mag. I called S&W and they said it takes a Magpul 405180000. I'm having trouble finding that so my question is is there any other Mag I can get that will work with this AR. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone familiar with your local laws will step in with advice but any .223/5.56 AR15 mag will work with that gun.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:41:21 PM EDT
[#2]
You may have to get something like THIS 10 ROUND MAG.

From the above link's shipping restrictions page...Cook County, Illinois: maximum capacity of 10 rounds
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Any Magpul PMAG is going to work. If you have capacity restrictions, you'll need to buy those mags unfortunately!
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 8:44:02 PM EDT
[#4]
The problem is not with mag compatibility for your new rifle, which looks very nice btw. Any AR mag will work fine, for the most part.

The problem is with your local laws.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Go to a gun show in Indiana or Nebraska and buy all the 20 and 30 rd magazines you want.

Just don't advertise that you own them in a Gun restricted state.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 7:41:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Ship them to me and I'll mail them to ya on your dime
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 12:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My favorite 10-rd mags are either the Magpul PMAG Gen M3 (linked above), or the aluminum mags made by D&H.  I’ve gotten those from CDNN:

https://www.cdnnsports.com/ar15-10rd-223-aluminum-magazine-dpms.html#.XkgV46ROmEc

[They’re listed now as DPMS, but the pictures show a D&H floor plate and D&H’s CAGE code on the side. I’ve also bought the same mag repackaged by SIG]

The PMAG’s are made of polymer.  With the aluminum mags, I like to add a Magpul ranger plate (the style for USGI Mags); it gives me a little extra something to grab on the stubby mags.   They make a version for PMAG’s too, but I don’t find them as helpful — PMAG’s are flared at the bottom, and  that already gives me enough purchase.

Maybe start with 3 PMAG’s, 3 D&H, and a 3-pack of ranger plates?  That would get you shooting, and you could see which you prefer.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top