Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2023 10:56:43 AM EDT
How do you identify a mag that has zero markings on it at all? I have two black metal mags, steel i think,  that have blank floorplates, no codes or markings or anything on them at all that I can see. They are also a little bit shorter than my other 30s, like 2 or 3 rounds worth shorter.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:07:50 AM EDT
[#1]
You could post a photo.
You could try it in each of your firearms .
It’s probably an aftermarket mag so check it in the guns that have traditionally had high cap mags.
Troll it around a gun show.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 11:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What color is the follower?
View Quote

regular green common follower.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How do you identify a mag that has zero markings on it at all? I have two black metal mags, steel i think,  that have blank floorplates, no codes or markings or anything on them at all that I can see. They are also a little bit shorter than my other 30s, like 2 or 3 rounds worth shorter.
View Quote

Sounds like a metal mag that may be a few rounds shorter than normal.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:00:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Sounds like a metal mag that may be a few rounds shorter than normal.
View Quote

Intensely helpful.
Link Posted: 5/25/2023 6:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 10:31:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Likely junk mags from the 90s if there are no markings. I have a few of those - all black aluminum with green followers with no markings and all black steel with black followers and no markings. They are not the best quality. Is there a round hole on the side of the mag? If so, that's a USA Magazines mag.
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Likely junk mags from the 90s if there are no markings. I have a few of those - all black aluminum with green followers with no markings and all black steel with black followers and no markings. They are not the best quality. Is there a round hole on the side of the mag? If so, that's a USA Magazines mag.
View Quote

Thats exactly what this is. Im trying to get a new pic host so I can post pics, but this is exactly.

So, junk im guessing?
Link Posted: 5/30/2023 9:54:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thats exactly what this is. Im trying to get a new pic host so I can post pics, but this is exactly.

So, junk im guessing?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, junk im guessing?

I for sure wouldn't recommend using it in a home defense rig or truck gun. If it doesn't work well, you have a great range mag to use to practice malfunction drills.
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 10:58:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I for sure wouldn't recommend using it in a home defense rig or truck gun. If it doesn't work well, you have a great range mag to use to practice malfunction drills.
View Quote

Kinda what i was thinking also. Thank you for the help!
Link Posted: 5/31/2023 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Kinda what i was thinking also. Thank you for the help!
View Quote

They also work well for plugging magazine wells when spray painting rifles.
Link Posted: 6/1/2023 9:38:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

They also work well for plugging magazine wells when spray painting rifles.
View Quote

Ive always been anti rattle can for rifles... but now this idea has my interest...
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top