Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2020 4:19:00 PM EDT
So, since Im heavily vested in PMags and have both 5.56 and 300, I wanted to differentiate the mags without tape/bands for quick ID

I stole the Lancer style of different colored floor plates to do it myself with my PMags

Black 300 and MCT 5.56

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Ill probably use the MCT w/black floor plates for SD load for quick ID as well
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Rough crowd in Tech
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#2]
If you run 300, use translucent Lancers for 5.56 so you can see if an errant 300 round made it in to blow your gun up.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:41:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I use that setup for my HD mags: black w/ coyote baseplate for 300blk, coyote w/ black for 5.56.

My 300blk range mags have sand baseplates that I dyed neon green as to not mix them up.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:46:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I did the same with sand base plates.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 11:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use that setup for my HD mags: black w/ coyote baseplate for 300blk, coyote w/ black for 5.56.

My 300blk range mags have sand baseplates that I dyed neon green as to not mix them up.
View Quote

I like your style
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you run 300, use translucent Lancers for 5.56 so you can see if an errant 300 round made it in to blow your gun up.
View Quote

Waaaay too deep in PMags now to make the switch.

The 300 is my HD setup, and the only one I have, so theres not a lot of activity with both calibers being active/loaded at the same time.

Plus Im super anal about paying attention after seeing all the boo-boo threads in the past
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top