Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2021 10:27:44 AM EDT
Anybody use this lube?  Springco hawks it, I think another vendor does but don't recall who.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#1]
LaRue used to include it with stuff.  I keep the small bottles in my shooting bags, because I always run into people with a gun that wont run because its dry.  I certainly use it on mine as well, but only these sample bottles and only when at the range and I determine whatever I am shooting needs a little juice.

I use mobile1 5w20 or 10w30 most of the time these days, and CLP for years before that.  I don't really get into the lube of the month stuff.  The basic stuff is well proven.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:09:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Agreed, about anything will work, just curious.
I recently got a sample, seems like good stuff, good film strength(tacky/adhesion).
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What FALARAK sez.  It is good lube, and so is Mobil 1.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#4]
There’s a guy on YouTube that goes by gun blue 490 & he says that you can get by with mineral spirits for solvent and mineral oil for lube. He says that most commercial gun solvents and oils use those two items as a base. I think I’ll try it for a month or two as a b.s. check.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#5]
I prefer Slip 2000 EWL because it seems to stay on my rifles better than Break Free did. I also like the lack of smell.
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:19:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I use it. I buy it on eBay.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer Slip 2000 EWL because it seems to stay on my rifles better than Break Free did. I also like the lack of smell.
View Quote

I use Slip also, but I have found that the Slip grease tends to cake up and dry out kind of quickly

I use Mobil1 for all of my vehicles and lawn equipment but have never used it on firearms.  Once my supply of Slip runs out, I will more than likley switch to Mobil1

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 11:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like Slip 2000 EWL 30 even better, it’s thicker and stays put even longer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 11:34:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I like Slip 2000 EWL 30 even better, it’s thicker and stays put even longer.
View Quote

Don't like that it separates in the bottle, will separate on the gun.

I've always used slip and slip ewl, recently G96 CLP army version.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 10:37:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't like that it separates in the bottle, will separate on the gun.

I've always used slip and slip ewl, recently G96 CLP army version.
View Quote

Mine has never done that
Link Posted: 2/3/2021 6:53:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mine has never done that
View Quote

Leave it still long enough it will.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:58:22 AM EDT
[#12]
EWG. What they said ^.
As to the separation, I have had it separate in the jar, but not like Adam's All Natural peanut butter and definitely never on my guns.  I use it on my ARs and pistols and like that it stays where you put it, and even after use, it's still there and just as smooth. Dare I say, silky smooth.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top