Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 125 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 4/2/2021 8:54:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Primary arms has rifle length quad rail uppers in stock. Just an FYI
Link Posted: 4/8/2021 4:28:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Found these moving some boxes...
" />
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
For those of you running your 11.5 CQB suppressed most of the time, what carrier, buffer/buffer spring combos are you having luck with?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:39:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cdm1985:
For those of you running your 11.5 CQB suppressed most of the time, what carrier, buffer/buffer spring combos are you having luck with?
View Quote

Standard M16 carrier, H3 buffer, Geissele spring. Works just fine as long as it's lubed and magazines are maintained. Sometimes the bolt doesn't lock back on magazines with worn springs when running suppressed due to high carrier velocity.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#5]
@AZ2A I remember a couple years ago when you were testing different options and landed on the Bootleg. What made you go back to a standard carrier and H3?
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 8:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#6]
@AZ2A I remember a couple years ago when you were testing different options and landed on the Bootleg. What made you go back to a standard carrier and H3?
View Quote

Ended up breaking the bootleg sadly. While this setup isn't the softest shooting, it's reliable and it works for me. If it's a defensive rifle I'd (personally) avoid more points of failure. Just my two pennies though
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 5:37:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Magsz18] [#7]
View Quote

Criterion Core 11.5 inch carbine length barrel.  .073 gas port.  Running a BRT reduced sized gas tube. The gun will not function without the suppressor.  Dead air Sandman K with E Brake, Resonator K or my Rex Silentium MG7.  Running an A5 tube, Sprinco Green with an H buffer. There is zero recoil and muzzle climb with this setup and either of the three suppressors.  It will cycle wolf gold and anything hotter than that with zero issues.  It will not cycle wolf, steel cased ammo.  With a normal gas tube, the gun would probably cycle steel cased ammo without any issues.  This setup also has no gas blowback in the face, even with a higher back pressure can like the Resonator K.

EDIT:  Also, just to note.  Originally, as the original owner had purchased it, the BRT gas tube was woefully undersized and the gun wouldn't even run 5.56 with a can on it.  Shrug.  I ended up drilling out the BRT gas tube to something in the .06X range (I'm sorry, I honestly dont remember what drill bit I used.  Probably .068" and it runs as described above).
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AZ2A:

Ended up breaking the bootleg sadly. While this setup isn't the softest shooting, it's reliable and it works for me. If it's a defensive rifle I'd (personally) avoid more points of failure. Just my two pennies though S
View Quote

How did the bootleg break?  I just picked up two of them which I was planning on using in my MRPs.  I kind of assumed reliability should be good, since it's just a carrier and carriers never really break, I can always use a standard milspec bolt (c158) in the bootleg carrier, should something go wrong with the bootleg supplied bolt.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Sunday morning surefire

Also look at the Cloud Defensive REIN. Their WML are the bomb in every way I'm sorry Surefire but you've been overthrown and not the king any longer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Sunday morning surefire
https://i.imgur.com/vNcHCsN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rvcUmRe.jpg
Also look at the Cloud Defensive REIN. Their WML are the bomb in every way I'm sorry Surefire but you've been overthrown and not the king any longer.
View Quote

Your rifles are what got me into lmt in the first place. Yours are timeless too. Always in style
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Sunday morning surefire
https://i.imgur.com/vNcHCsN.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rvcUmRe.jpg
View Quote

Superb, simply superb.
Great build, good buddy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 6:27:20 PM EDT
[#12]
The more I see of these the more I think I like the picatinny version over the mlok. Having to take all the accessories off of the mlok to switch barrels kinda defeats the quick change part of it all. Plus the picatinny is just sexy
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Tyrannosaur:
The more I see of these the more I think I like the picatinny version over the mlok. Having to take all the accessories off of the mlok to switch barrels kinda defeats the quick change part of it all. Plus the picatinny is just sexy
View Quote

Half a pound heavier tho
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 8:53:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Half a pound heavier tho
View Quote

Is it? 2.8 oz on the CQB according to LMT. Can't tell you about the MRP because LMT omitted the MLOK weight from their website.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:11:02 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

H3 buffer with a springco blue spring.  Just run it with good mags and you’ll be fine.  Minimal, to no, blowback as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:31:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spdrcrgts] [#16]

Half a pound heavier tho
View Quote

The CQB is not half a pound heavier than the MLC, it’s 0.262 lbs heavier (4oz) - and that’s not taking into account any additional M-LOK rails sections.

There’s more opportunity to save weight with barrel selection rather than chassis
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Is it? 2.8 oz on the CQB according to LMT. Can't tell you about the MRP because LMT omitted the MLOK weight from their website.
View Quote

I was referring to rifle lengths
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 10:35:12 PM EDT
[#18]

I was referring to rifle lengths
View Quote

Still just 0.292 pounds different (4.7 ozs)
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:47:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

Still just 0.292 pounds different (4.7 ozs)
View Quote

Oh no way. I measured them before I could of sworn it was more
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:36:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: spdrcrgts] [#20]

Oh no way. I measured them before I could of sworn it was more
View Quote

Call LMT. It’s taken straight from the public documentation they hosted on their website.

https://lmtdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/documents/MRP-Spec-Sheet-1.pdf
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 1:06:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone hear any updates on these 12.5 DI mid gas barrels?

I come to this thread cause any info LMT related completely misses me somehow. Where are you guys getting updates? I don't have Facebook though, so if that's the only way I'm SOL
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 5:45:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you guys for the kind words above!
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 10:46:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#23]

I bought a 16" New Zealand barrel with bayonet lug but didn't like the extra 2" of length when compared to my 14" MRP barrel... Then I found this gem.
14.5" carbine barrel with bayonet lug. I had it fluted to save weight and improve cooling, while also maintaining rigidity for my suppressor. And bayoneting.
This is my favorite rifle, perfect in every way except for the stupid rotational QD sockets. I'll be trying to fix that today or tomorrow with some beads of epoxy.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 9:29:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#25]
Originally Posted By spdrcrgts:

Call LMT. It’s taken straight from the public documentation they hosted on their website.

https://lmtdefense.com/wp-content/uploads/documents/MRP-Spec-Sheet-1.pdf
View Quote

Found my measurements. 5.5 pounds difference. Significant but Not half a pound though. more than the website states however.

Link Posted: 4/26/2021 6:37:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Found my measurements. 5.5 pounds oz difference. Significant but Not half a pound though. more than the website states however.

View Quote
Fixed it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 9:00:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Hox:
Fixed it.
View Quote

Lol thanks
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#28]
@slipjett,
re: MRP-H upper length
If you were gonna put together an MRP-H as a run and gun 308 with lightened/dimpled SS 16” 308 barrel and a precision type rig running a 24” 6.5 barrel would you use the 15.5” or the 12.5”?
Do you know the weight difference?
Leaning toward the 15.5”
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 9:03:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Mr_Toyz:
@slipjett,
re: MRP-H upper length
If you were gonna put together an MRP-H as a run and gun 308 with lightened/dimpled SS 16” 308 barrel and a precision type rig running a 24” 6.5 barrel would you use the 15.5” or the 12.5”?
Do you know the weight difference?
Leaning toward the 15.5”
View Quote

I've been meaning to strip both uppers for a weight difference, just haven't gotten that motivated yet. Even with their caveat that 16" barrels needing extra shims to work with certain muzzle devices, I definitely would run the longer 15.5" upper with a 24" barrel as the even the shorter 20" barrels don't even look right with 12.5" upper. I'll try to motivate myself to strip both uppers and do a weigh in. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 1:48:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mr_Toyz] [#30]
Appreciate the effort. I’ll be running a can and have now heard I’d need at least a 1/4” of shims to get a brake and can to fit. Not cool. I just don’t understand why they wouldn’t do 15” handguard and allow 16” barrels to work. It is a switch barrel platform after all. Not like a 1/2” shorter handguard will matter with a 24” barrel, when it definitely does matter for most popular length they sell (16”).
Link Posted: 5/10/2021 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#31]

Damn I love this rifle
Link Posted: 5/11/2021 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#32]
@Scrapple, nicely done

@Mr_Toyz...finally stripped both uppers and 3 inches of aluminum only comes out to 2.5 ounces difference...
Shorty...
" />
Long...
" />
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#33]
Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 1:19:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone heard anything more regarding 12.5” 5.56 DI barrels?
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 11:36:13 PM EDT
[#35]
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have one of the 7.62x39 MRP barrels that V1 sold a couple of years ago that they’d like to part with?  If so, DM me.  I missed out on them and have been kicking myself since.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By dcf1981:
I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have one of the 7.62x39 MRP barrels that V1 sold a couple of years ago that they’d like to part with?  If so, DM me.  I missed out on them and have been kicking myself since.
View Quote

Good luck, but have you considered talking to d wilson mfg about converting a barrel of your choice to the mrp platform? You could pick a barrel manufacturer of your choice and probably be happier. Options are always nice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 1:29:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 2:02:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By slipjett:

Good luck, but have you considered talking to d wilson mfg about converting a barrel of your choice to the mrp platform? You could pick a barrel manufacturer of your choice and probably be happier. Options are always nice.
View Quote

I’ve thought about that and have used him for numerous other projects, but I’d like to stick to LMT as I don’t really want to go down the rabbit hole of 7.62x39 barrel manufacturers and quality.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 5:04:52 PM EDT
[#39]

I’ve thought about that and have used him for numerous other projects, but I’d like to stick to LMT as I don’t really want to go down the rabbit hole of 7.62x39 barrel manufacturers and quality.
View Quote

I’ve got one but not selling it. I’ve actually only put one round through it. The case got stuck in the chamber. Been meaning to send it to dwilson to polish the chamber so it’ll run with steel case
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote

The chance of you finding one of those 7.62X39 barrels is probably slim to none.

I would put yourself on a backorder list for a FAXON 7.62X39 barrel and wait until that comes in.  D Wilson's work is fantastic.  I have two criterion barrels which he converted to run in the MRP.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

The chance of you finding one of those 7.62X39 barrels is probably slim to none.

I would put yourself on a backorder list for a FAXON 7.62X39 barrel and wait until that comes in.  D Wilson's work is fantastic.  I have two criterion barrels which he converted to run in the MRP.
View Quote

I want one of those criterion core barrels ugh
Link Posted: 5/21/2021 12:58:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Looking for weight, balance and accuracy info from people running Proof carbon/MRP set ups. Anyone?
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 10:18:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Just waiting on d.wilson to finish the mrp conversion on my proof carbon 14.5 barrel then this one is complete. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 12:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#44]
Originally Posted By brokencilence:
Just waiting on d.wilson to finish the mrp conversion on my proof carbon 14.5 barrel then this one is complete. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140527/34F745D3-AAE7-44A1-9EE6-FCBEE56932A4_jpe-1952705.JPG
View Quote

Oh yeah. Getting ready to send a hodge barrel out for mine
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Just waiting on d.wilson to finish the mrp conversion on my proof carbon 14.5 barrel then this one is complete. https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140527/34F745D3-AAE7-44A1-9EE6-FCBEE56932A4_jpe-1952705.JPG
View Quote

Are the upper and lower both the tanodized ones from Allegiant?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:18:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Looking to get a barrel converted at dwilson.

Am I understanding correctly that the upper also needs to be sent in with the barrel being converted?

Curious if anyone knows why.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:58:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Are the upper and lower both the tanodized ones from Allegiant?
View Quote

Yes they are.

Originally Posted By Jaysop:
Looking to get a barrel converted at dwilson.

Am I understanding correctly that the upper also needs to be sent in with the barrel being converted?

Curious if anyone knows why.
View Quote

You do not need to send the upper.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:28:47 AM EDT
[#50]
https://i.vgy.me/wuFMY2.jpg
View Quote

Yes they are.

You do not need to send the upper.
View Quote

You guys have nearly the same rifle.

Feel free to post your tanodized pics here.
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 125 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top