Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 122 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

Wont seat at all or won’t seat all the way?
View Quote

My bad.  It won’t seat all the way.  I tried a 6.8 barrel and had the same issue.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By gunner03:

My bad.  It won’t seat all the way.  I tried a 6.8 barrel and had the same issue.
View Quote

Brand new barrel?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:03:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Brand new barrel?
View Quote

No Sir.  11.5” that I had on a slick side receiver.   The other barrel I tried is new.  6.8 barrel.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 11:41:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#4]

No Sir.  11.5” that I had on a slick side receiver.   The other barrel I tried is new.  6.8 barrel.
View Quote

I’ve experienced this before and found after I mortar them in and then put rounds through it they loosen up. I’d also lube it up.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 9:33:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11b4v] [#5]
For those using barrels converted to MRP.  D. Wilson recommends the SLR low profile gas block, what other low profile blocks are you using?  I'm curious what others will clear such as Geissele, or DD/Badger Mk12.  If the SLR didnt have the three cuts on the side, I'd be happy.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#6]

I’ve experienced this before and found after I mortar them in and then put rounds through it they loosen up. I’d also lube it up.
View Quote

Appreciate the info.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 11b4v:
For those using barrels converted to MRP.  D. Wilson recommends the SLR low profile gas block, what other low profile blocks are you using?  I'm curious what others will clear such as Geissele, or DD/Badger Mk12.  If the SLR didnt have the three cuts on the side, I'd be happy.
View Quote

I just picked up an MRP barrel that was converted. The previous owner stated he used both a BCM lo-pro gas block as well an Aero Precision adjustable lo-pro gas block. This was run in an MLR rifle length chassis.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:15:05 PM EDT
[#8]
View Quote

It’s a real tight fit. I’d go with whatever he recommends but also YOLO
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:46:22 PM EDT
[#9]
I had the same issue with it being a tight fit. I put a little oil on outside of where the barrel fits the receiver, gave it a little more nudging and it went in. Didn’t damage anything. I’ll definitely take the tightness of it.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 5:58:15 AM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

I have a 13.9 inch criterion barrel that was converted by D wilson.   Just cross pinned a Griffin block without any issues.  Fits really well underneath the rail. (.625 gas block journal.)
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 8:38:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11b4v] [#11]
Originally Posted By Magsz18:

I have a 13.9 inch criterion barrel that was converted by D wilson.   Just cross pinned a Griffin block without any issues.  Fits really well underneath the rail. (.625 gas block journal.)
View Quote

The .750 Griffin block is on the list of want I want to use.  It’s a Mk12 style and  that’s the feedback I was looking for.  I’ve got a SOCOM clone URG-I /Geissele Mk16 rail; same gas block clearance issues; side by side, the MLC and Mk16 are just about identical.  My project barrel should arrive today, then immediately go out to D Wilson
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By jpw1984:
I had the same issue with it being a tight fit. I put a little oil on outside of where the barrel fits the receiver, gave it a little more nudging and it went in. Didn’t damage anything. I’ll definitely take the tightness of it.
View Quote

I finally got it all situated. It definitely took some effort.

I called LMT as well just to make sure I was going to F anything up.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 10:19:39 PM EDT
[#13]

I finally got it all situated. It definitely took some effort.

I called LMT as well just to make sure I was going to F anything up.
View Quote

Lmt be like “excuse me for perfect tolerances”
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:24:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Hahahaha
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:01:28 AM EDT
[#15]

The .750 Griffin block is on the list of want I want to use.  It’s a Mk12 style and  that’s the feedback I was looking for.  I’ve got a SOCOM clone URG-I /Geissele Mk16 rail; same gas block clearance issues; side by side, the MLC and Mk16 are just about identical.  My project barrel should arrive today, then immediately go out to D Wilson
View Quote

The real question there is, are the external dimensions of the .750 gas block the same as the .625?  I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:43:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ACPjunkie] [#16]
Wife says I got a package from a Mr D. Wilson waiting on me

Poor timing to get into a new caliber these days but Wolf is still making it and eventually the market will chillax.

Or I'm totally fucked on imported cheap 6.5G ammo.

pic thread

As a side note, I sold this rifle a few years ago.... if one of you fine gents happens to own it, I'd be interested in talking to you about it.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:31:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
Wife says I got a package a Mr D. Wilson waiting on me

Poor timing to get into a new caliber these days but Wolf is still making it and eventually the market will chillax.

Or I'm totally fucked on imported cheap ammo.

View Quote

What caliber?

Pic thread...
" />
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 11:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:39:57 AM EDT
[#20]
https://i.vgy.me/HzbD2k.jpg
View Quote

Is it just the lighting, or is the lower quite a bit lighter then the upper?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:03:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Tengo1:

Is it just the lighting, or is the lower quite a bit lighter then the upper?
View Quote

It’s lighter
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 9:56:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sabre675] [#22]

Beautiful heavy Recce.

On a side note for ammunition, I’m not horrible as far as stock. But I feel a bit anemic, and the 7.6 to Realm. I’ve never tried any M 80 ball through these rifles. What’s currently a fan of 175 grain and 168 grain In federal gold metal match. Additionally M118 LR..... But holy foook is it scarce and almost $3 a round right now. Crazy. I am usually privileged in the Avenue for sourcing, but the crisis is so bad I’ve temporarily had all doorways, but one, closed. That Avenue is 175 grain and 168 grain Black Hills. Hopefully it is still 1moa or better.

So wish I would have bought more bulk 7.62 at the end of 2019....Soooo many great deals then.

Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:16:17 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Looks great. How are you liking your RG3? Badger Ordnance is possibly on Deck for my incoming optic. I love my two scalarworks mounts, but the Badger seems to be the new hotness.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:54:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#24]
Originally Posted By Sabre675:

Looks great. How are you liking your RG3? Badger Ordnance is possibly on Deck for my incoming optic. I love my two scalarworks mounts, but the Badger seems to be the new hotness.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sabre675:

I haven’t really used it yet so not much of an opinion on the optic. I’ll let ya know
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 7:14:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Awesome builds you guys! Keep it up!

But hey does anyone have any idea what LMT has coming down the pike?

Joe mentions a few things are coming in the future and even hints at a new or maybe updated upper receiver in this recent q&a live stream about 30 mins in.

LMT Defense Q&A #1 Enhanced BCG's
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 8:58:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By AR415:
Awesome builds you guys! Keep it up!

But hey does anyone have any idea what LMT has coming down the pike?

Joe mentions a few things are coming in the future and even hints at a new or maybe updated upper receiver in this recent q&a live stream about 30 mins in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmLmRQT_UmA
View Quote

Looks like a larger diameter MLOK chassis.

Note the bottom of the rail @ 29:57 is about even with the bottom of the lug area where the barrel retention bolts go through.

The current MLOK rail bottom is above the lug area where the barrel retention bolts go through.

I would assume the sides are proportionally larger as well.
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#27]
I see similarities between what was shown in the video and this:

Attachment Attached File

Which came from this video:

LMT's Estonian Military Contract Rifle #GunFest2021
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 12:24:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR415] [#28]
@gastonglock21s
@steviej309

Good eye fellas!

I also just noticed the section where the locking screws are located, where the barrel extension sits within, appears to be redesigned as well. The qd socket is slightly relocated which confirms the change.

Thx for sharing that tfb interview @steviej309

So what we know thus far coming to market is the EDF reference rifle with its redesigned trigger group, updated adjustable gb/14.3” barrel, the Estonian piston MWS, that high tech pistol grip and possibly a revamped mlok rail system.

LMT’s on fire🔥
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 1:17:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AR415] [#29]
Pic thread

Ol’ Faithful

Link Posted: 1/23/2021 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Anybody know if D. Wilson can convert MWS barrels?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ThePitt:
View Quote

As I understand it, this is not an option right now.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:41:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By M4ger:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4ger:

Dang is there anybody that can do it in a timely manner?

Shoulda got a 6.5 barrel when I had the chance.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#35]

Dang is there anybody that can do it in a timely manner?

Shoulda got a 6.5 barrel when I had the chance.
View Quote
I think I've seen one MWS conversion but I can't remember the details about it.  It might've been a 14.5" sold in the EE?

Hard to pin the details really.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#36]

I need to come out to az so I can touch that thing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#37]

I need to come out to az so I can touch that thing.
View Quote

Poor thing has been abused but she's running just fine
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Other than stalking the EE, whats the best way to get one of these uppers? Just subscribe to in stock notifications at all the dealers?
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:16:42 PM EDT
[#39]
LMT 2021 stuff looks cool. Estonia police upper and 12.5 middy upper are the highlights for me.

New LMT Rifles, Uppers, and Triggers for 2021 #GunFest2021

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 8:26:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I just watched that too and now I need the 12.5 upper and the longer MWS upper for my 6.5  Damn them!
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 9:43:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#41]
Just shaved down some mlok screws to see if the barrel will pull with accessories attached. It will if it’s the last section on the end. Otherwise, it’s not the screws it’s hanging up on, it’s the little mlok nut. Anyone find a way to make this work? Trying to use railscales and other shit and still swap barrels in the field
Link Posted: 1/31/2021 11:33:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By hobbez84: LMT 2021 stuff looks cool. Estonia police upper and 12.5 middy upper are the highlights for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pBpMBa_JfE
View Quote
Thanks for linking this video.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:14:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:30:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By GaTacoma:
https://i.imgur.com/nIJYGWP.jpg
View Quote

That's a nice pair!

How do you like the Warcomp on the 11.5"?
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By StevieJ309:

That's a nice pair!

How do you like the Warcomp on the 11.5"?
View Quote

I like it so far. Read about the issues some guys had running it on a 10.5 so thats why decided on the 11.5. . I'm gonna run it again offhand later this week to get a better feel for it but overall I like it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:07:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Just shaved down some mlok screws to see if the barrel will pull with accessories attached. It will if it’s the last section on the end. Otherwise, it’s not the screws it’s hanging up on, it’s the little mlok nut. Anyone find a way to make this work? Trying to use railscales and other shit and still swap barrels in the field
View Quote

I had the same problem using railscales. Did it work for any of the last mlok sections once you shaved it down? ( I.e.3,6,9 o'clock). I saw some people just bought shorter screws
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 10:31:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: emtothedee] [#47]
Originally Posted By nivlac64:

I had the same problem using railscales. Did it work for any of the last mlok sections once you shaved it down? ( I.e.3,6,9 o'clock). I saw some people just bought shorter screws
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nivlac64:

So after playing with it more, it’s only getting hung up on the mlok nuts at 6 o’clock position. So any hand stop or whatever mounted there won’t allow the barrel to pull even with the screws shaved down all the way. I’ll just run a rubberized panel at 12 and the railscales at 3 and 9, and just pull the rubber panel out to remove the barrel. Way less effort than having to detach everything that’s mounted.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#48]
New covers from manta defense. Look pretty sweet. These pics are from their website

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Another random photo of my 11.5"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By hobbez84:
LMT 2021 stuff looks cool. Estonia police upper and 12.5 middy upper are the highlights for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pBpMBa_JfE
View Quote

Long railed mws is awesome too
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 122 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top