Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 116 of 143)
Page / 143
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

@cdholmes

I believe the MRP is equivalent to 13.15" and the CQB is equivalent to 9.20".
View Quote

Awesome thanks.  I've got one coming in and hope to do a pretty cool build out of it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:26:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By cdholmes:

Awesome thanks.  I've got one coming in and hope to do a pretty cool build out of it.
View Quote

I look forward to it
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Attachment Attached File

Waiting on the barrel to arrive.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#4]
There anyone that has an extra MRP torque wrench laying around?... misplaced mine when i moved.  I have one of those KAC mlok index stops i can trade for it or just send a PP.  

Also, anyone know if subsonic 300blk can push an H2 buffer (10.5" barrel) or do i need to pick up a carbine buffer somewhere.  Thanks everyone

obligatory old pic
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 1:10:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By falcon6five: There anyone that has an extra MRP torque wrench laying around?... misplaced mine when i moved.  I have one of those KAC mlok index stops i can trade for it or just send a PP.  

Also, anyone know if subsonic 300blk can push an H2 buffer (10.5" barrel) or do i need to pick up a carbine buffer somewhere.  Thanks everyone

obligatory old pic
https://i.imgur.com/B1hydUY.jpg?1
View Quote
All you need is an inch-pound wrench and a Torx-30 bit to torque the bolts.  140 in-lbs is the spec.

You might need less buffer but the best thing to do is try it out and see how the gun runs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 2:59:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By crisptito:
First LMT Build complete.

14.5 LMT MRP - all internals LMT w/enhanced FA BCG
Vortex Razor HD III 1-10 in Larue mount
LMT Imperial iron sights
SF WARCOMP w/ Surefire 556-RC2
SF M600DF
Railscales panels and Railscales RSB
Cloud Defensive switch management
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202376/IMG_5644_jpg-1431527.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202376/IMG_5646_jpg-1431528.JPG
View Quote

I like your style . Well done
Link Posted: 5/28/2020 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone have David Wilson do a Honey Badger barrel?

I just bought a 7" Q barrel that I'm going to have him convert for me and put in a CSW upper. It will be interesting to compare it to the 7.5" LMT barrel he chopped for me, and a factory SIG 6.75" MCX.

Link Posted: 5/29/2020 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#8]
#progress
Attachment Attached File

It will be going to DWilson soon.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 8:17:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kensho] [#9]
First LMT Build complete.

14.5 LMT MRP - all internals LMT w/enhanced FA BCG
Vortex Razor HD III 1-10 in Larue mount
LMT Imperial iron sights
SF WARCOMP w/ Surefire 556-RC2
SF M600DF
Railscales panels and Railscales RSB
Cloud Defensive switch management
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202376/IMG_5644_jpg-1431527.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/202376/IMG_5646_jpg-1431528.JPG
View Quote

Really sweet stick. What I want to know is who has the 1x10 Vortex's for sale @ a good price ?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:20:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: domestique1] [#10]
Originally Posted By Kensho:

Really sweet stick. What I want to know is who has the 1x10 Vortex's for sale @ a good price ?

TIA
View Quote

The lowest I've seen without a MIL/LEO discount is $1,999. I've always had good luck with B&H photo.  Fast shipping and they have 0% financing for 12 months.

Edit:  they look out of stock currently.... but do get stock pretty regularly.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 9:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]

TIA
View Quote

Vortex is MAP so you're gonna have to call around. Sport Optics has always been good to me but I'm sure they're backorderd like everyone else. Got my mrad G3 preorder a few weeks ago.
Link Posted: 5/29/2020 11:10:24 PM EDT
[#12]

TIA
View Quote

Thanks man. I shot you an email with the details. Long story short, it was from Brownells from pre-order in Jan.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 1:01:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey guys. Just checking in.

What is the consensus on 10.5 vs 11.5” di setups. What I am looking for is reliability #1.
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 4:28:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hypno02:
Hey guys. Just checking in.

What is the consensus on 10.5 vs 11.5” di setups. What I am looking for is reliability #1.
View Quote

From a practical standpoint in well maintained weapon,  there is none.

With that being said, a 11.5 will generally speaking operate at a lower pressure level and its parts such ejectors and extractors will last longer, and can be extrapolated as barrel length increases.

How much longer will a extractor last in a 10.5 vs 11.5, I have no clue.

I have had a 10.5 for probably ten years this point and though it doesn't have a crazy round count on it, I serious don't think that I have seen a malfunction in it with 100 percent of it running suppressed
Link Posted: 5/30/2020 6:07:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kensho] [#15]

Thanks man. I shot you an email with the details. Long story short, it was from Brownells from pre-order in Jan.
View Quote

Solid copy thx.
BLUF: Vortex’s VIP program price is $1,739.00. But no firm commitment date on deliver. I’m already sold on it in MRad.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm having lock back issues with a 10.5 with an H buffer.
Anyone else have to drop down to a Carbine buffer?

FWIW it's a new MARs lower, the upper runs fine on a KAC lower with a H buffer.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 3:31:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR415] [#17]
Originally Posted By Jaysop:
I'm having lock back issues with a 10.5 with an H buffer.
Anyone else have to drop down to a Carbine buffer?

FWIW it's a new MARs lower, the upper runs fine on a KAC lower with a H buffer.
View Quote

Iirc sr15’s have only utilized carbine & h2 buffers in the factory lowers unless the buffer was intentionally swapped out for an h buffer.

Drop down to a carbine buffer and you should be gtg.
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By AR415:

Iirc sr15’s have only utilized carbine & h2 buffers in the factory lowers unless the buffer was intentionally swapped out for an h buffer.

Drop down to a carbine buffer and you should be gtg.
View Quote

That lower has a H buffer in it now. It runs a 14.5 MRP upper
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:22:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AR415] [#19]

That lower has a H buffer in it now. It runs a 14.5 MRP upper
View Quote

Odd that it won’t run fine in another lower with h buffer.

Could be magazine related or possibly something out of spec on that mars lower???
Link Posted: 5/31/2020 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#20]
No, it runs fine on the other lower with an H buffer. I had to dig deep to find extra carbine buffers because I havent used one in a long time.

I through the OE SR15 buffer in there. As I remember they are carbine.

I'll have to hit thr range and see if itll lock back with that.

I just thought LMT recomend a H eith the 10.5 and I was thinking it was odd that it was being temperamental.

I ran about 3 mags through it at an indoor just to get a test on function. All Pmags that I've been using for years.
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#21]
11.5” barrel just came in and I have the same question regarding the buffer.  I planned to run an H2 buffet but it sounds like that might be too heavy.

On the barrel, got the email from primary arms they were back in stock....I don’t think I ever moved so fast in my life....
Link Posted: 6/1/2020 10:13:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AZ2A] [#22]
I use a H3 buffer with mine. Ejection at 2 o clock unsuppressed, 1 o clock suppressed
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 9:22:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tranzformer] [#23]
GarandThumb did a review on a LMT MARS-H in 6.5CM. He likes it.

LMT MARS-H 308 / 6.5 creedmoor (SR-25 has competition!)
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 10:14:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kensho] [#24]
Nice intellectually honest review & . I like that he does state what his transparency is.
I've had exactly same same experiences w/ my LMT's.
Thanks for sharing it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:09:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaysop] [#25]
Went back today with a C and a H buffer

It seems to not want to lock back with just Pmags.
Locks back just fine with USGI regardless of buffer.

Wont lock back at all with Pmags on the last round.

What now? Never had this happen before
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 12:20:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Went back today with a C and a H buffer

It seems to not want to lock back with just Pmags.
Locks back just fine with USGI regardless of buffer.

Wont lock back at all with Pmags on the last round.

What now? Never had this happen before
View Quote

What Gen PMags are you using?  I would assume Gen 2.  Mine didn’t lock back either.  I had to file the backside of the mag near the bolt catch to fix the problem.  Gen 3 mags already have this modification and don’t have the issue.
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:09:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By mnm567:

What Gen PMags are you using?  I would assume Gen 2.  Mine didn’t lock back either.  I had to file the backside of the mag near the bolt catch to fix the problem.  Gen 3 mags already have this modification and don’t have the issue.
View Quote

Yup Gen 2s.
I only brought some best around training Gen 2s and USGIs thinking it was a buffer issue.
Unfortunately I have way more gen 2s than 3s.

Do you have a picture of what you had to remove?
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#28]
You can see on the left is the Gen 2 mag.  I used a file and filed down the area circled in red.  Just enough to allow the bold catch to move freely. You can test the fit using just your lower with a mag inserted. The mag on the right is a Gen 3.  They have done a better job keeping the interference down.  

I know your pain, I have several Gen 2 mags.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:31:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jaysop] [#29]
Makes sense. And away we go with the dremel...
Thank you
Link Posted: 6/3/2020 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Makes sense. And away we go with the dremel...
Thank you
View Quote

You are welcome!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 1:55:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice intellectually honest review & . I like that he does state what his transparency is.
I've had exactly same same experiences w/ my LMT's.
Thanks for sharing it.
View Quote

I agree. I think he gave it a very fair and accurate review. My experience with LMTs has also been very good so far. Much better than some of the other 'top tier' AR manufacturers.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 10:56:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone know where I can find a lmt castle nut in stock? I picked up my 10.5” mrp upper and mars lower today with the intention of switching out the stock for a brace. One of the guys offered to switch it out for me and switched out the entire buffer tube assembly. Wanted to get one for when I switch it back. I know I can use another brand, but I’m ocd like that.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By lowonair:
Anyone know where I can find a lmt castle nut in stock? I picked up my 10.5” mrp upper and mars lower today with the intention of switching out the stock for a brace. One of the guys offered to switch it out for me and switched out the entire buffer tube assembly. Wanted to get one for when I switch it back. I know I can use another brand, but I’m ocd like that.
View Quote

Still in stock at Titan Defense; ordered one last week along with a few other parts for my first MRP
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 9:34:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: slipjett] [#34]
View Quote

Here, but shipping may be a bit pricey...also, Titan Defense has them as well, good luck.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#35]
I’ll place an order with one of them later today. Meanwhile I need some ideas for this thing. Since it’ll be mainly a house gun I’m thinking of going with an aimpoint t2 with a kac rb1 or unity fast mount, a MAWL, and a sling. After I get a trust set up I’ll sbr it and get a surefire rc2.

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 5:56:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I’ll place an order with one of them later today. Meanwhile I need some ideas for this thing. Since it’ll be mainly a house gun I’m thinking of going with an aimpoint t2 with a kac rb1 or unity fast mount, a MAWL, and a sling. After I get a trust set up I’ll sbr it and get a surefire rc2.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/208426/ECBEFC28-F5C0-4AF0-9196-43BD9E9E7A86-1448170.jpg
View Quote

What’s the mawl for on a house gun?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:03:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lowonair] [#37]
Originally Posted By emtothedee:

What’s the mawl for on a house gun?
View Quote

That’ll be after I get a pvs14. Before that I’ll probably have a scout on it. I’ll probably end up using it for hog hunting as well even though it’ll be at home most of the time.

Link Posted: 6/5/2020 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#38]

That’ll be after I get a pvs14. Before that I’ll probably have a scout on it. I’ll probably end up using it for hog hunting as well even though it’ll be at home most of the time.

View Quote

That’s awesome. Can’t wait to see it complete
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#39]
Ohhhh man im headed down this path! I cant decide between 10.5 and 11.5" DI barrels or 12.5" piston setup....I already ordered the 10.5" and the 11.5" barrels to see which i like better.....That being said is the piston system really tried and true in this system, as reliable and robust as say the scar 16 platform? This is going to be my go to setup and will be suppressed 99.9% of the time with a surefire RC2 and i want it 100%.  Also how does the Ebcg fair in these types of builds with shorter barrels?
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:49:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By slipjett:

Here, but shipping may be a bit pricey...also, Titan Defense has them as well, good luck.
View Quote

Have any of yall used titan defense before?  I purchased a barrel from them a few days ago and am still waiting on shipping.  Its my first time dealing with them
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 11:53:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tylerm86] [#41]
Originally Posted By falcon6five:

Have any of yall used titan defense before?  I purchased a barrel from them a few days ago and am still waiting on shipping.  Its my first time dealing with them
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from primary arms and titan defense on the same day.....I already have my PA stuff in hand. I emailed them and they said I was a ways down in the que...…Not impressed but it is what it is.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I’ve only ordered in stock items from them and they seem to ship within a day of ordering. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#43]
After I get a trust set up I’ll sbr it and get a surefire rc2.

View Quote

Individual is the way
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 5:34:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Individual is the way
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
After I get a trust set up I’ll sbr it and get a surefire rc2.

Individual is the way

It is, but I’d prefer that my wife have access to them if I’m not around.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Scored some OD goodies today

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Hmmm how about a 9mm CSW MRP

Link Posted: 6/9/2020 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By jtdam24:
Hmmm how about a 9mm CSW MRP
View Quote

Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:56:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Anyone have experience with the surefire closed tine or sf3p flash hiders on a 10.5”? Trying to decide which one to get.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:29:32 AM EDT
[#49]
I posted a thread in troubleshooting but I figured I'd ask here since you are all experienced with LMT

Do your rifles get abnormally hot compared to other ARs? I've got a MLR upper with a 16" barrel, standard semi auto BCG. I run a BPG railrap on mine and it burnt the tips of my fingers off the top of the handguard (the picatinny portion) pretty good after about 200 rounds in a span of 2 hours. Took it out again and the handguard was abnormally hot after 100 rounds. For a combat rifle with the reputation LMT has and the fact that I never see this mentioned, it seems off to me. The gas tube is also discolored in a rainbow pattern and it is definitely overgassed (most frequently ejects at 1-2).

A guy I talked to about it with a lot of experience with LMT told me newer barrels tend to run hotter and it needs broken in more, but it is really turning me off the rifle that I'm required to run gloves if I want to not hate my life while shooting a $2000 rifle when I've never needed them in the Marines or with any other AR I've owned.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:46:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I received an update on the remaining parts for my build that I ordered back in March.

EBCG ETA mid July
11.5in barrel ETA August at the earliest
MARS-L stripped lower ETA sometime in September.

Man I'm wondering if my latest Form 4 silencer will come back before I get this LMT assembled
Page / 143
Tacked MRP Badness, chapter 3 (Page 116 of 143)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top