User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:36:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else receive their order? I can't be the only one.
View Quote
No but I'm somewhat hopeful they'll send mine out shortly (famous last words).

They emailed me today saying they were just waiting on the ffl but hadn't heard back from the one it'll be sent to. I responded with a copy of it. Unless they're just trolling me and asking for an ffl license on a shipment that isn't gonna be ready for months, that is.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 6:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]
2 of my 3H billet lowers and one of the 556 monolithic uppers showed up today. The rest is showing to be delivered tomorrow.

Potato pic

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone else receive their order? I can't be the only one.
View Quote

what did you order? order from zev before? did you attach your ffl or email it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

what did you order? order from zev before? did you attach your ffl or email it?
View Quote

2 of the 3H lowers and 2 billet monolithic uppers. I thought I ordered 3 of each but finally looked at the invoice and it was only 2. I attached my FFL PDF to the order and yep, I've ordered from them before.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Update: I called Zev this morning to ask about my order.  They said they have not contacted my FFL yet to exchange info as there are only two people actually doing this.  I provided them with my FFL's email and the person said she will send them an email after the call.  An hour later my FFL confirmed Zev contacted them.  I check my order status and it change to "Pending Fulfillment" so fingers crossed.

If you have "pending approval" status like I did call them and provide them with your FFL's email.  It's probably quicker for them to email than having to call your FFL, might help speed up the process.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks will do same
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 8:41:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Update: I called Zev this morning to ask about my order.  They said they have not contacted my FFL yet to exchange info as there are only two people actually doing this.  I provided them with my FFL's email and the person said she will send them an email after the call.  An hour later my FFL confirmed Zev contacted them.  I check my order status and it change to "Pending Fulfillment" so fingers crossed.

If you have "pending approval" status like I did call them and provide them with your FFL's email.  It's probably quicker for them to email than having to call your FFL, might help speed up the process.
View Quote
Just checked and my status has also been changed to the exalted ranks of "pending fulfillment". No idea if me responding to their email with a copy of the FFL this morning moved the needle but whatever.

Fingers crossed for all of us.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:00:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Great! I hope everyone gets their stuff! It's beautiful equipment for sure. I have a bunch of older MEGA stuff but this is nice
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the new monolithic upper different in any way from the one MEGA offered in the past?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:06:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is the new monolithic upper different in any way from the one MEGA offered in the past?
View Quote

It appears to be identical to my older MEGA mono setup
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:07:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is this new monolithic upper you speak of?
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:10:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interesting. I wonder if they licensed it from LMT this time or just rolled the dice.  

Kind of hard to imagine Zev wouldn't be aware of any previous litigation involving MEGA.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 9:19:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I only recently became an LMT fan and now have like 7 MARS-L lowers haha. I'm not familiar with the older Mono setup from them at all.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:39:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
MEGA ain’t MEGA unless it came from the Machine Shop in Tumwater. Prove me wrong.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1580/24471820015_30593cf84f_b.jpgMEGAUL1 by FredMan, on Flickr
View Quote

Fun fact, Mega Machine did the 1990s-early 2000s series of forged lowers for Olympic Arms that were quite good (probably the only reliably good part).

There are also some JSE and FN (!) billet receivers that are clearly Mega products, as were the early Grey Ghost Precision units.
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 10:59:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Fun fact, Mega Machine did the 1990s-early 2000s series of forged lowers for Olympic Arms that were quite good (probably the only reliably good part).

There are also some JSE and FN (!) billet receivers that are clearly Mega products, as were the early Grey Ghost Precision units.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
MEGA ain’t MEGA unless it came from the Machine Shop in Tumwater. Prove me wrong.

https://live.staticflickr.com/1580/24471820015_30593cf84f_b.jpgMEGAUL1 by FredMan, on Flickr

Red Jacket Firearms parts were made by Mega.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
After reading a lot of posts here, I went back and looked at my order.

No fucking luck. I ordered, IMMEDIATELY after I recd their email stating they had MEGA in stock.....

Seems to me they @ZEV pulled a quick one on us.

Color me DONE with ZEV.

ZEV SUCKS.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Just checked and my status has also been changed to the exalted ranks of "pending fulfillment". No idea if me responding to their email with a copy of the FFL this morning moved the needle but whatever.

Fingers crossed for all of us.
View Quote

Pending fulfillment means July/August, ""maybe"".
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#19]
More stuff showed up today. I have so many damn unused parts lying around it's ridiculous. This isn't even half, seriously.

The 2 MEGA billet setups on the bottom fit stupid tight together. Almost needed a rubber mallet to get the receivers together. I need to build those out, the 2 LMT MARS and the SLR setup on the top. I'm going to be poor when I am finished.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:54:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
After reading a lot of posts here, I went back and looked at my order.

No fucking luck. I ordered, IMMEDIATELY after I recd their email stating they had MEGA in stock.....

Seems to me they @ZEV pulled a quick one on us.

Color me DONE with ZEV.

ZEV SUCKS.
View Quote

I placed an order a full hour before the email was even sent out (4:30pm EST). Not gonna lie, how they're fulfilling the orders is stupid af.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Called today, ordered Monday and Tuesday when they were available (upper and lower forged). No go. Said the website over ordered and they are going to relaunch Mega coming up soon. Pending fulfillment in June-August.

Perfect right?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Called today, ordered Monday and Tuesday when they were available (upper and lower forged). No go. Said the website over ordered and they are going to relaunch Mega coming up soon. Pending fulfillment in June-August.

Perfect right?
View Quote
Well that's some rec league nonsense right there. Zev isn't exactly a fly by night shop either, their inventory management ought to be better.

I'll provide any status updates I get. Weird/lame that they made it sound like all they were waiting on was my local FFLs license when it now seems like that is most certainly not the holdup. I'm not in a rush to get this lower so I'll wait, but suffice to say this doesn't reflect well on them.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 8:19:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Exactly what they acted like when I talked to them. Just needed my ffl (which I attached in the order). Some malarkey right there. And instead of an announcement accepting responsibility for their screw up, they just announce on facebook that they are releasing the mega line permanently.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 2:17:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Guessing a lot of folks are getting this same email but for posterity - just got this from Zev. I have...doubts about the June timeline but if they can actually meet that, I can wait. What I cannot understand is how they misjudged demand for legendary receivers at a time when Anderson lowers are going for $100 and selling out in a matter of hours.

"Thank you so much for placing your order with us! As you are well aware, we brought back the beloved Mega Arms product line last week and we received a overwhelming response from loyal customers, such as yourself. Unfortunately, due to the abundance of orders being placed simultaneously, our system was not able to populate our inventory correctly and has since created a backorder situation that we were not planning for at this time. However, do not fret! We are taking the necessary steps to have inventory manufactured to get you your order(s) to you as soon as possible. Estimated ship date is slated for end of June, at the latest. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. And thank you again for being a part of the ZEV family!"
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:21:14 PM EDT
[#25]
fucking zev.
If there is even the slightest of imperfections on mine I'm gonna send it back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 4:25:37 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm happy now, they quickly canceled my order after I emailed them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:17:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
fucking zev.
If there is even the slightest of imperfections on mine I'm gonna send it back.
View Quote

How does returning a lower receiver work? Just mail it back to the manufacturer?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:19:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

How does returning a lower receiver work? Just mail it back to the manufacturer?
View Quote

IF they accept returns, it'd have to be pre-transfer that you inspect and decide to return it.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

IF they accept returns, it'd have to be pre-transfer that you inspect and decide to return it.
View Quote

My ffl would be like, wtf are you talking about?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Guessing a lot of folks are getting this same email but for posterity - just got this from Zev. I have...doubts about the June timeline but if they can actually meet that, I can wait. What I cannot understand is how they misjudged demand for legendary receivers at a time when Anderson lowers are going for $100 and selling out in a matter of hours.

"Thank you so much for placing your order with us! As you are well aware, we brought back the beloved Mega Arms product line last week and we received a overwhelming response from loyal customers, such as yourself. Unfortunately, due to the abundance of orders being placed simultaneously, our system was not able to populate our inventory correctly and has since created a backorder situation that we were not planning for at this time. However, do not fret! We are taking the necessary steps to have inventory manufactured to get you your order(s) to you as soon as possible. Estimated ship date is slated for end of June, at the latest. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. And thank you again for being a part of the ZEV family!"
View Quote
same. I jumped because I thought it was limited availability. Ill probably cancel
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 8:40:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Haha, if it's 5 months, hard pass. Backorders are gay.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I placed an order a full hour before the email was even sent out (4:30pm EST). Not gonna lie, how they're fulfilling the orders is stupid af.
View Quote

Seems to me ZEV ""NEVER"" had any MEGA in stock.

They media release that their putting MEGA back into production on FB.
Sending out emails that they had it in stock was a BIG LIE.

Their testing the market at our expense.

I hope ZEV get stuck holding their shit.
IDK about MEGA any longer and will spend my bucks elsewhere.

@ZEV  ZEV SUCKs, so F.O. ZEV
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Is it considered fraud if a vendor is selling something they don't have???
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

There maybe some hope.  I got the same email as quoted above but today I got a shipping notification with tracking!  I think Zev's getting orders that are in "fulfillment" status meaning they have your FFL info?  I hope they get to everyone on here.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There maybe some hope.  I got the same email as quoted above but today I got a shipping notification with tracking!  I think Zev's getting orders that are in "fulfillment" status meaning they have your FFL info?  I hope they get to everyone on here.
View Quote
We shall see I guess. They're clearly shipping something, it's just totally unclear as to how they're going about it, and how long any given order will take. My order now has a "shipping details" subheader but there's no tracking, so I'm not putting any stock in that.

Until then I'll cross my fingers, pray the rosary, face mecca, etc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 3:35:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

They've had my FFL info attached since April 8th....
Ordered before their email ad even went out.
Hmm.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#37]
You can add to cart on the website for the billet set now

But no backorder mention
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
More stuff showed up today. I have so many damn unused parts lying around it's ridiculous. This isn't even half, seriously.

The 2 MEGA billet setups on the bottom fit stupid tight together. Almost needed a rubber mallet to get the receivers together. I need to build those out, the 2 LMT MARS and the SLR setup on the top. I'm going to be poor when I am finished.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/130996/170606179_133676948667586_83349327602753-1903380.JPG
View Quote

What did you use to cover the color-fill on the Lmt Mars lowers? Looks much better all black.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:20:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Hmmm. Was just wondering what to to with my MEGA Lower, upper and charging handle? Anyone interested?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Hmmm. Was just wondering what to to with my MEGA Lower, upper and charging handle? Anyone interested?
View Quote

@telemarker

Forged or 3H? I might be interested
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 6:40:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What did you use to cover the color-fill on the Lmt Mars lowers? Looks much better all black.
View Quote

@FONTY

There was some supposed blems floating around. I bought 2 that were blacked out like that from the factory. I can't find any blems on them so not sure but these came from LMT like this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:16:46 AM EDT
[#42]
I did not attach my FFL when I placed my order (1 forged lower).  I called and they told me they would reach out to my FFL that day, but they were surprised at all the orders and I was going to get backordered.  I was fine with that because I'm not in a hurry and she told me they were doing another run in June hopefully.  I got the backorder email on Wednesday or whenever it was, a couple days after I called.  Well last night I got a tracking number, so I guess I am getting one now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Thanks Zev for manufacturing Mega again! My first SBR was/is a Mega billet set and have been looking for an extra upper for it for some time. They were out there but went quick. I knew the minute I heard they were making Mega again it would be a shit show. I haven't ordered yet and will once the dust settles. No rush here and trying to not feed into the gun hype / hysteria.

Anyone with a new ZEV Mega upper have an original Mega lower to compare anodizing? Pic?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:56:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Just got a tracking number. If they made a UPS label and it just sits there for a month, that would be the troll job of the century.

May the force be with everyone else stuck in "pending" land. I'll grab pictures of the lower when it comes in to confirm if it is worthy of the rollmark.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Thanks Zev for manufacturing Mega again! My first SBR was/is a Mega billet set and have been looking for an extra upper for it for some time. They were out there but went quick. I knew the minute I heard they were making Mega again it would be a shit show. I haven't ordered yet and will once the dust settles. No rush here and trying to not feed into the gun hype / hysteria.

Anyone with a new ZEV Mega upper have an original Mega lower to compare anodizing? Pic?
View Quote

It is definitely different
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:41:19 PM EDT
[#46]
FYI, Rainierarms has the billet ambi GTR-3H lower in stock.  I've ordered a few lowers from them in the past.  They always ship fast.

https://www.rainierarms.com/mega-arms-ar15-billet-ambi-lower-receiver-gtr-3h/
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 12:55:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
FYI, Rainierarms has the billet ambi GTR-3H lower in stock.  I've ordered a few lowers from them in the past.  They always ship fast.

https://www.rainierarms.com/mega-arms-ar15-billet-ambi-lower-receiver-gtr-3h/
View Quote
Rainier is super GTG, if they say it's in-stock, it is. They helped me out with a V Seven lower invoicing snafu not long ago and were very helpful+professional
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Concur

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The MA 10's were absolutely exquisite
View Quote

As were their barrels, and their AR uppers and lowers.
Fantastic machining, fit and finish.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:53:37 PM EDT
[#50]
308 Mega ?
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top