Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/4/2021 2:25:18 AM EDT

Want to trade some 9mm for  Lake City M855, the guy wants to trade his LC M855 for 9mil at 1.25:1 ratio, meaning 1000 rounds of M855 for 1250 of 9mm FMJ. Does this make sense and how does this correlate with the prices we are seeing lately.

Link Posted: 2/4/2021 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The way things are right now, I would lean more towards a 1 to 1 ratio. It's much easier to get 556 right now than 9mm in my experience.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 2:46:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I did 500 9mm : 450 5.56.  I have enough 5.56 now, so I wouldn't do it again.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 5:27:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I was thinking about doing some trading myself but I need 308/762×51 and 45. My 9 is low as well and I mostly have HST.

It's seems to be 1 to 1 as far as prices go on just about most things if we're talking basic ball or milspurp ammo. This ammo thing is a giant PITA and things are not slowing down.

No one will stop buying so I expect things to be bad a while so I'm only buying what I'm shooting after my practice stash goes away.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:15:55 PM EDT
[#5]
There is no logic anymore; there is only need.

You decide how much you want of each.
Link Posted: 2/4/2021 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The way things are right now, I would lean more towards a 1 to 1 ratio. It's much easier to get 556 right now than 9mm in my experience.
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yep
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep

I have a posting up on a local board saying I have a good supply of common calibers  and would be open to trades in my favor if someone was interested. Guy today got nasty when a said 1:1 for his PMC bronze for my Speer 9mm. Way more 223/556 available than 9mm right now.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have a posting up on a local board saying I have a good supply of common calibers  and would be open to trades in my favor if someone was interested. Guy today got nasty when a said 1:1 for his PMC bronze for my Speer 9mm. Way more 223/556 available than 9mm right now.
View Quote

Yeah I'm wondering what something like 9 hst would fetch round to round I'd hate to shoot it but if it's not worth trading i will. I have a couple hundred steel case rounds I got on accident I might have to finally run as well.

This whole ammo thing sucks I got a scar and 1911 that needs broken in I can only shoot 556 with out buying prior.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 11:36:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Just checked SG Ammo and he has plenty of 223 listed from Russian steel case to IMI brass and even Federal Fusion.  NO 9mm.  Based on that 9mm should currently be worth more in a trade to someone who needs it.
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top