Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2021 1:34:24 PM EDT
Is there a tape switch solution yet?
Current set up UE tail cap, SR07 tape switch, M600DF.
Obviously, either the receptacle on the UE, or the wire on the SR cannot provide the needed current to fully power the light.
Is there a work around?
I really don’t want to send it back to Surefire, as I really don’t think the light is the problem....but unless I find a solution that works, I’m gonna unload it, and buy another HLX.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:33:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you kind sir.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:03:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This
View Quote

Yep, the modbutton works great on the DF
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 9:05:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Does this problem apply to them all?  I have this setup and haven't noticed any issues.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Does this problem apply to them all?  I have this setup and haven't noticed any issues.
View Quote

Mine drains batteries sitting in the safe, flickers, dims....etc.
none of these problems seem to exist with the regular switch.
Problem is, I didn’t buy this to use as a pocket light.

I’m thinking I may just unload it, and buy a Rein.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I just changed to modlite and then REIN
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]
The hot button is amazing. It’s a remote clicky tailcap.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#9]
The more I read about this the more sure I am that the problem is the wore on the SF tape switches.

A dude here was going to upgrade the wire on one of his but IDK where that thread went.
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine had issues with and without the switch, I contacted surefire, they sent me a prepaid ups label, and sent me the light I requested in exchange. I got a brand new m640pro which has been flawless
Link Posted: 5/4/2021 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I just changed to modlite and then REIN
View Quote

Why?  What are the Pros and Cons?

Most interested in the Modlite to REIN switch. I'm a bit torn between a 600DF or 640DF versus the two you list.  On my shorty SBR, the SF 600/640 options are probably the best trade-off for fill and not washing things out inside my house but, I can certainly see a Modlite or REIN or ... being better outside at my 40-acre farmhouse or one of my properties.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top