Link Posted: 6/10/2022 3:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
We both covet what the other has
p.s. why don't you try not glitching?
View Quote
Sacrifices must be made.  
Lol this is the only thread that does this.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Here’s my block II. I think I’m gonna trade my upper for a Mk12 Mod 0. Currently building a Mk18/CQBR and would rather swap over optics onto that build. Thoughts? And excuse the crappy fixed mag. Unfortunately I live in Cali and only way to rock my setup legally

Link Posted: 6/10/2022 6:08:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By APSArmament:
If anybody knows of a deal on an FSP rail at a good price, hook a brother up.
View Quote

I ordered mine bout two weeks ago and got it within 6 days from Charlie’s custom clones
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By jimmywhispers:
Here's my block II. I think I'm gonna trade my upper for a Mk12 Mod 0. Currently building a Mk18/CQBR and would rather swap over optics onto that build. Thoughts? And excuse the crappy fixed mag. Unfortunately I live in Cali and only way to rock my setup legally

https://i.ibb.co/4jDPy0D/ADEA2062-CD69-42-DB-A726-17-E8-BBBD83-D4.jpg
View Quote
Just put glass on your block II upper there is a reason why the mk12 isn't used anymore
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 8:57:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Just put glass on your block II upper there is a reason why the mk12 isn't used anymore
View Quote

Yup.  I did this with a Block 2 with a Colt RO921 (non HB) barrel at 100 yards:

Here’s the rifle:

My handloads using Hornady 62gr Softpoints.  It really surprised me.
Link Posted: 6/10/2022 9:03:29 PM EDT
[#11]
If anybody knows of a deal on an FSP rail at a good price, hook a brother up.
View Quote

Sending you a PM on a new one available, if you are still looking.
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 3:05:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Air_Soft_Contractor:

View Quote

Got the IM. Rail is on its way.

Gracias amigo!
Link Posted: 6/11/2022 6:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: H538] [#13]
Is the Block 2 being phased out now? I’ve been seeing a lot of surplus parts coming up for sale?
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 8:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

Don't make me get the Mod 1 out
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By H538:
Is the Block 2 being phased out now? I've been seeing a lot of surplus parts coming up for sale?
View Quote
The RIS II Is w/ usasoc. Optics and peqs are getting phased out for newer ones.
Link Posted: 6/13/2022 10:55:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Besides the kac mount in this photo, what else would be a correct mount for a ranger spec block 2 with a vortex?

Also does anyone know if the reticle used was the jm-1 or mrad?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Geissele, Larue and ADM have been the most commonly spotted ITW.

Originally Posted By ChemTrailZ:
Besides the kac mount in this photo, what else would be a correct mount for a ranger spec block 2 with a vortex?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388771/5B9487D8-156D-416B-AAB5-EFF593E15AB5_jpe-2417570.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2022 10:45:54 AM EDT
[#18]
BREAKING: Biden Takes Aim At 30% of Civilian .223/5.56 Ammo
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't wait until 2024.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By ChemTrailZ:

I seem to remember it is the MRAD reticle, but I could very well be wrong.

I'm nearly certain that scope mount is the Knight's in Taupe color, due to it's haedware and the location of its hardware.

A very similar mount is used on the M110 rifle.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/388771/5B9487D8-156D-416B-AAB5-EFF593E15AB5_jpe-2417570.JPG
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2022 5:49:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Finally getting a block 2 together. It’s a mixture of new and surplus parts.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 2:08:57 PM EDT
[#22]

Gracias amigo!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Gracias amigo!

They canceled the order. Still showed in stock when i checked after cancelation.

Lame.
Link Posted: 6/18/2022 5:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#23]

They canceled the order. Still showed in stock when i checked after cancelation.

Lame.
View All Quotes

Gracias amigo!

Lame.

I'm sorry to hear that.

I haven't had a problem with them, except the first time I ordered, they cancelled my order and didn't say why.

I emailed them and they emailed back that I hadn't checked, "payment by credit card".

I did that next time, but I think they made that the default now.

When I sign in, the payment by credit card is already checked / blocked in now.

The email I got said they were going to change it, because too many people missed it.

It's just little block that is filled with gray instead of a check mark or black.

Did you get an out of stock cancellation?

They also require some proof of something now for first time customers that they didn't have when I registered there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 4:57:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#24]

I got a surprise package from Brownells that I thought I cancelled since they did not have an ETA. Brownells does not currently show stripped Colt SOCOM barrels on the website. I've always wanted a Block II so here's my excuse I guess.

Gas block - likely going with a Badger Mk12. Are the Block II uppers pinned? Taper pin or coiled pin?
Flash hider - What is correct that is not unobtanium like a 4p? I'm tempted to go with a 6315KM to run my Sandman but that may be blasphemy

Lower will not be clone correct but it will be an early Daniel Defense M4 Carbine 5.56 lower with an older Geissele SSA-E. Probably use a SOPMOD stock and A2 grip. I have an tan EXPS3-0 and a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 for optics.
Link Posted: 6/22/2022 6:14:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#25]
Originally Posted By jhon:
https://i.imgur.com/cji8s3a.jpg?2

I got a surprise package from Brownells that I thought I cancelled since they did not have an ETA. Brownells does not currently show stripped Colt SOCOM barrels on the website. I've always wanted a Block II so here's my excuse I guess.

Gas block - likely going with a Badger Mk12. Are the Block II uppers pinned? Taper pin or coiled pin?
Flash hider - What is correct that is not unobtanium like a 4p? I'm tempted to go with a 6315KM to run my Sandman but that may be blasphemy

Lower will not be clone correct but it will be an early Daniel Defense M4 Carbine 5.56 lower with an older Geissele SSA-E. Probably use a SOPMOD stock and A2 grip. I have an tan EXPS3-0 and a Vortex Razor HD 1-6 for optics.
View Quote

The Block II gas block is not pinned.

The Daniel Defense MK12 gas block comes with thread locker, while the Badger MK12 gas block comes with detailed instructions, which are also on their website in PDF.

https://www.badgerordnance.com/media/bo_media/249-30.pdf

The depth of the set screw dimples shown in the instructions, includes the thickness of the bottom of the gas block, which makes for odd reading of their depth.

MARSOC uses the Knight's M4QD NT4 556 flash hider, which won't make 16".

Then there are three prong Surefire and Surefire Warcomp flash hiders.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#26]
https://i.imgur.com/cji8s3a.jpg?2

View Quote
If you're not going to be correct on the lower than may as well use a mount for your suppressor as the MD
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 3:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Washpipe] [#27]

What is the height of that scope mount?

1.54"?
View Quote

Correct. 1.54 Ultramount.
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 3:31:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Air_Soft_Contractor] [#28]
Originally Posted By Washpipe:

Correct
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Washpipe:

What is the height of that scope mount?

1.54"?

Correct

Thanks, I was just considering buying that same scope mount.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 2:11:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jhon] [#29]

The Daniel Defense MK12 gas block comes with thread locker, while the Badger MK12 gas block comes with detailed instructions, which are also on their website in PDF.

The depth of the set screw dimples shown in the instructions, includes the thickness of the bottom of the gas block, which makes for odd reading of their depth.

View Quote

Thank you. I ended up ordering a DD gas block, DD barrel nut, and wrench from Classified Defense. I cannot stand cheap stamped barrel nut wrenches. I’ve about talked myself into a 4P as an excuse to get an RC2.

Am I correct in thinking the barrel nut is all I need to send when I have the barrel pinned and welded? Figure I can take care of that while hunting for a RIS II. Obviously need to include the gas block and muzzle device.

Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:
If you're not going to be correct on the lower than may as well use a mount for your suppressor as the MD
View Quote

Can’t go correct without going 80% and the DD lower is no less correct than a Colt with the selector stops milled off.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 5:10:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 12:38:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Thank you. I ended up ordering a DD gas block, DD barrel nut, and wrench from Classified Defense. I cannot stand cheap stamped barrel nut wrenches. I’ve about talked myself into a 4P as an excuse to get an RC2.

Am I correct in thinking the barrel nut is all I need to send when I have the barrel pinned and welded? Figure I can take care of that while hunting for a RIS II. Obviously need to include the gas block and muzzle device.

Can’t go correct without going 80% and the DD lower is no less correct than a Colt with the selector stops milled off.
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By Alaskanforfreedom:

Yes, you are correct, you only need the barrel nut from the rail for pinning.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 1:24:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#32]
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:46:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Attachment Attached File

Range day.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Reposting from 18', rebuild day as barrels shot out.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:09:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#35]
And when the gas block doesn't want to come off, cut barrel in half (5 secs with portable band saw), as I need the DD barrel nut to reuse.  Broke my MAGPULL BEV block (ear) trying to hammer one off.  Got spare low profile gas blocks to replace anyway.  Into the trash bin they go.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
And when the gas block doesn't want to come off, cut barrel in half (5 secs with portable band saw), as I need the DD barrel nut to reuse.  Broke my MAGPULL BEV block (ear) trying to hammer one off.  Got spare low profile gas blocks to replace anyway.  Into the trash bin they go.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_5956_JPG-2433640.JPG
View Quote

Funny you posted that. I had to do the same thing with the block 2 kit I got from Thoroughbred. Replaced it with a new Colt socom and did the front set screw dimple as the original barrel was.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 2:59:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone have a good source for the RIS II?  Been looking all over for one and keep missing them on the EE due to lousy WiFi.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 8:54:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By TNW:
Anyone have a good source for the RIS II?  Been looking all over for one and keep missing them on the EE due to lousy WiFi.
View Quote

Sign up for all the back in stock notifications, DD has been sending me notifications for the RISII FSB so they are still being put on the website.

I got my RISII FSB off r/gunaccessoriesforsale if you feel like navigating the maze that is reddit.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By TNW:
View Quote

Reddit GAFS
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 7:58:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 11:02:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:
https://i.imgur.com/2HnvTFP.jpg
View Quote

That tano ATACR looks good on there.  I’m hoping to pick one up by the end of the year.  Was going to put it on my URGI but now I’m torn between that or my Block II.

Link Posted: 6/30/2022 6:10:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HD2006:

That tano ATACR looks good on there.  I’m hoping to pick one up by the end of the year.  Was going to put it on my URGI but now I’m torn between that or my Block II.

View Quote

I feel bad that I have played musical chairs with the ATACR but it can be used in so many applications. Honestly I just need to suck it up and buy another one for my urgi.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:35:55 AM EDT
[#43]
From my humble work bench... progress

Barrel nut is just hand tight. Dimpled the barrel and installed the DD gas block without fuss. It was nice the gas block came with Loctite 262 as it saved me from having to order some. Fit was perfect; would not go on dry but a little CLP it slid right on. I may end up using that upper. Bought it from DSA a while back and if the Google machine is right it's from a government contract run. Anchor Harvey forge mark, M4 dog bone over the gas tube hole, and black T marks. Barrel fits tight in it too.

Need to decide on the muzzle device and keep my eye out for a RIS II.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 2:27:05 AM EDT
[#44]
From my humble work bench... progress

https://i.imgur.com/CEFKF6C.jpg

Barrel nut is just hand tight. Dimpled the barrel and installed the DD gas block without fuss. It was nice the gas block came with Loctite 262 as it saved me from having to order some. Fit was perfect; would not go on dry but a little CLP it slid right on. I may end up using that upper. Bought it from DSA a while back and if the Google machine is right it's from a government contract run. Anchor Harvey forge mark, M4 dog bone over the gas tube hole, and black T marks. Barrel fits tight in it too.

Need to decide on the muzzle device and keep my eye out for a RIS II.
View Quote

Looks good, you're almost there! What jig did you use to dimple your barrel for the Lo pro gas block? I have a few barrels that I would like to dimple myself.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 12:47:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

Looks good, you're almost there! What jig did you use to dimple your barrel for the Lo pro gas block? I have a few barrels that I would like to dimple myself.
View Quote

I used an SLR and quite frankly would not recommend it. First it's aluminum so you should probably use wood blocks when clamping it in the vise. Second if you clamp it in the vise so it's vertical it's on the rounded edges of the jig and wants to roll. The SLR also does not have the .420 spacing on the MK12 gas block. I worked around that by locating the first hole off the gas port and then used the gas block and screws to mark the front dimple. Lined the SLR up on the screw mark for the front hole and dimpled. It worked okay.
Link Posted: 7/1/2022 1:00:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#46]
Originally Posted By jmh556:

View Quote

I just use a bad low profile gas block as the jig at home.  Route out a groove for the other side (gas tube) to sit in a section of 2x4 and place under drill press.  Work barrels are all dimpled already.

CD
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 9:51:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

I feel bad that I have played musical chairs with the ATACR but it can be used in so many applications. Honestly I just need to suck it up and buy another one for my urgi.
View Quote

@-KentuckyWindage-
I see you're in Kentucky and I saw BPT has some to move. Go pick up another lol
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 10:53:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I just use a bad low profile gas block as the jig at home.  Route out a groove for the other side (gas tube) to sit in a section of 2x4 and place under drill press.  Work barrels are all dimpled already.

CD
View Quote

For that purpose, and lacking a “bad low profile gas block,” I bought a KAK dimpling jig.  The only “specific” part of this jig is the journal diameter of 0.750”.  It has various screw spacing options, and it came with a spot drill to do the dimples with.  They have ‘em for other journal sizes too, but I only needed the 0.750 one.  Not bad for $25…
Link Posted: 7/2/2022 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Did Geissele stop making the 1.93 scope mount? I don't see it on their website anymore and it seems to be oos everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/4/2022 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#50]
July 4th range two years ago today in Astan.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 905
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top