thats the hotdog ones though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By brodband8:
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:
If anyone needs one, AU just got some of the Colt ambi selectors back in stock:

Colt Ambidextrous Semi-Auto Safety Selector - $44

They got some last week but sold out in a few hours, so these probably won't last long.

Yeah, sorry, I didn't catch that. They do have this version in stock also, actually $4 cheaper. It can be "neutered" if you're concerned about that. From the description, it may come with both the long and short right side levers:

Colt M16/M4 Ambidextrous 3-Position Safety Selector - $40
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:16:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3ACR_Scout] [#2]
Weird double post when it didn't seem to add another page to the thread. Might be maxing out the thread length!
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]
glitch bump

CD
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#4]

View Quote

What's the difference? Length, and the fact it not 3 position?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the other one (3 position) that was posted
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NeedsMoreMausers:

What's the difference? Length, and the fact it not 3 position?

I'm about to pull the trigger on the other one (3 position) that was posted
View Quote
One is the correct profile for a clone (auto) other is just another safety.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
One is the correct profile for a clone (auto) other is just another safety.
View Quote

I understood that part haha

Cool, I'm assuming the difference externally is the little bit that sticks out on the right side. I think my main question is, is why call them hotdogs?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 3:55:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#7]
Originally Posted By NeedsMoreMausers:

I understood that part haha

Cool, I'm assuming the difference externally is the little bit that sticks out on the right side. I think my main question is, is why call them hotdogs?
View Quote
Yes external profile is different. The left side lever goes further into the center of the selector. Someone just decided to call them hot dogs.

hot dog:
Attachment Attached File

non hot dog:
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
I had just made the E7/SFC list the day before our SR mission.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_3678_jpg-1895995.JPG

CD
View Quote
An ODA525 "SharkMan"?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By stoner63a:
An ODA525 "SharkMan"?
View Quote

Sister dive team 515.  All three 1/5 dive teams did SR missions. 525 put me thru prescuba in 85’

CD
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:39:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone happen to know of a place with Non FSP RIS II in stock? Or anyone here wanting to split with one, looking for new or used, color doesn't matter. Can't even find one in the EE right now unless I just missed it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:07:54 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Is this a vortex strike eagle?
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By cpittillo45:
Anyone happen to know of a place with Non FSP RIS II in stock? Or anyone here wanting to split with one, looking for new or used, color doesn't matter. Can't even find one in the EE right now unless I just missed it.
View Quote

Email sent on RIS.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 5:51:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#13]

View Quote

I have a couple of Colt ambis with the short right side lever. What do you mean by hot dog? Is there a side-by-side comparison?

ETA - Never mind, for some reason I could not see this page when I posted my question. I see it has already been answered, thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:48:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Boys, does anyone have pics of an FSP with a KAC M4QD flash hider? I feel like I've seen them on non-FSP's but never on an FSP. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By probably:
Boys, does anyone have pics of an FSP with a KAC M4QD flash hider? I feel like I've seen them on non-FSP's but never on an FSP. Thanks in advance.
View Quote

You're going to have to go back over 10 years or so for that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 5:12:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:

You're going to have to go back over 10 years or so for that.
View Quote

I know, I know. I'm slowly combing the thread.

Unless anybody has a line on a new Surefire 3 or 4 prong...
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:04:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wissota4] [#18]
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wissota4:

There we go
View Quote

that an ATACR
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#20]
that an ATACR
View Quote

Yuup.
On top of those fancy Nf ultramounts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Hi guys, whats the info on the SF4P's with NSN markings vs SF4P's w/o NSN markings?

Were non-NSN SF4P's issued? Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:55:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By leerx:
Hi guys, whats the info on the SF4P's with NSN markings vs SF4P's w/o NSN markings?

Were non-NSN SF4P's issued? Thanks.
View Quote

Yes, both used.

CD
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 12:17:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:

Yuup.
On top of those fancy Nf ultramounts.
View Quote
This need to be released ASAP, hopefully not to far off
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 1:27:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By probably:

I know, I know. I'm slowly combing the thread.

Unless anybody has a line on a new Surefire 3 or 4 prong...
View Quote

@probably there’s 2 NIW 4 prongs in the EE used upper section
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 3:34:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#25]
COLT - M16 5.56 BOLT CARRIER GROUP

Brownell’s has them in stock today here:

Colt M16 BCG
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:28:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
This need to be released ASAP, hopefully not to far off
View Quote

I agreed. But I recently asked NF and they said they won’t
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 4:06:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:

I agreed. But I recently asked NF and they said they won't
View Quote
I thought they said once they finished fulfilling the contracts? That's a bummer.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:09:09 AM EDT
[#28]
From what I read NF isn't going to release the scope or mount in FDE. Not sure if we can read into that or not.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 8:32:05 AM EDT
[#29]
What is their rationale?
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 1:54:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#30]
What is the difference between raised/embossed forge marks (Colt ‘C’, ‘keyhole’, etc.) and stamped/engraved/roll mark type forge marks of the same symbols?  And which is more correct?

I am getting one where the forge marks (C & keyhole) appear to be engraved, or stamped into the receiver, but on all of my other uppers, the forge marks are raised.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:
What is the difference between raised/embossed forge marks (Colt ‘C’, ‘keyhole’, etc.) and stamped/engraved/roll mark type forge marks of the same symbols?  And which is more correct?

I am getting one where the forge marks (C & keyhole) appear to be engraved, or recessed into the receiver, but all of my other uppers with forge marks are raised.
View Quote

I recall seeing stamped/engraved C, raised keyhole uppers before the raised C keyhole uppers came out. I don't think I've seen both recessed though.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:06:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Vehemence] [#32]
Attachment Attached File

I haven’t received it yet and it is a little hard to tell in the picture, but maybe that is what I am actually looking at.

I’m thinking it is, would this be considered a little more rare/desirable? Or just different?

It is for an FSP Block II which I know was phased out earlier than the non-FSP, so maybe this is a little more accurate?

Thank you for your insight.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#33]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317025/8F7B6FC5-D0CE-4640-8E4A-CB8A8A4DDC6F_jpe-1909564.JPG

I haven’t received it yet and it is a little hard to tell in the picture, but maybe that is what I am actually looking at.

I’m thinking it is, would this be considered a little more rare/desirable? Or just different?

It is for an FSP Block II which I know was phased out earlier than the non-FSP, so maybe this is a little more accurate?

View Quote

Yeah, the keyhole looks raised.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#34]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/317025/8F7B6FC5-D0CE-4640-8E4A-CB8A8A4DDC6F_jpe-1909564.JPG

View Quote

A little bit older, little less common. Good for anything mid 2000s era and later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 2:13:24 PM EDT
[#35]

A little bit older, little less common. Good for anything mid 2000s era and later.
View Quote

Cool, thanks - that’s a happy surprise.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: rhs77430] [#36]
Is any unit swapping out RIS-II rails for Geissele Mk16 rails on m4a1 standard (non-URGI) uppers now that the rails are in inventory?

I.e., are there 14.5” colt carbine-length uppers sitting in arms rooms with shiny new Geissele rails?
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 12:58:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By rhs77430:
Is any unit swapping out RIS-II rails for Geissele Mk16 rails on m4a1 standard (non-URGI) uppers now that the rails are in inventory?

I.e., are there 14.5” colt carbine-length uppers sitting in arms rooms with shiny new Geissele rails?
View Quote

No. The URG-I was a kit. They put the barrel assembly (with gas block), rail, gas tube, and charging handle from the kit onto an existing rifle. A USASOC URG-I (not to be confused with Geissele commercial URG-I) will not have an M4/M4A1 or M4A1 heavy barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Official-M4A1-USASOC-URG-I-and-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread/118-722381/

It is possible a unit or individual could buy an aftermarket rail system and install it onto an M4A1. This hasn't been seen with a MK16 to my knowledge and it wouldn't be a common thing if it did happen. The Mk12 gas block or FSB would need to be replaced for the rail to fit as well so it isn't a direct fit.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:01:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By rhs77430:

View Quote

Kits are only authorized to USASFC (Special Forces Command) under USASOC and only issued to ODA's.  Fielding is complete.

CD
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#39]

No. The URG-I was a kit. They put the barrel assembly (with gas block), rail, gas tube, and charging handle from the kit onto an existing rifle. A USASOC URG-I (not to be confused with Geissele commercial URG-I) will not have an M4/M4A1 or M4A1 heavy barrel.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Official-M4A1-USASOC-URG-I-and-Clone-Picture-and-Discussion-Thread/118-722381/

It is possible a unit or individual could buy an aftermarket rail system and install it onto an M4A1. This hasn't been seen with a MK16 to my knowledge and it wouldn't be a common thing if it did happen. The Mk12 gas block or FSB would need to be replaced for the rail to fit as well so it isn't a direct fit.
View Quote

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By FONTY:

@probably there’s 2 NIW 4 prongs in the EE used upper section
View Quote

@FONTY thanks for the head's up brother! looks like I was too slow to snag one of those, but another member IM'd me, hoping that works out.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By 3ACR_Scout:

Yeah, sorry, I didn't catch that. They do have this version in stock also, actually $4 cheaper. It can be "neutered" if you're concerned about that. From the description, it may come with both the long and short right side levers:

Colt M16/M4 Ambidextrous 3-Position Safety Selector - $40
View Quote

For those who didnt see. AU screwed up, these are NOT the long arm/short arm ambi. They changed the photo after like a day of being up...now requesting a return.

Back to hunting for a reasonably priced colt 3pos ambi safety
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:34:04 AM EDT
[#42]
To those of you that are hesitant to buy the auto selector because it's auto.

Using a full auto selector in a semi auto AR15:

If you have a semi auto trigger and semi auto disconnector and don't remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi safe.

If you have a full auto trigger and semi auto disconnector and don't remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi semi.

If you have a full auto trigger and full auto disconnector and don't remove the nub, it will be safe semi hammer follow. Depending on timing, this could result in multiple shots being fired. It's probably not a good idea to use this combo.

If you have any trigger and any disconnector and remove the nub from the auto selector, it will be safe semi semi.

If your AR15 doesn't have selector stops, the selector will be able to travel past safe while rotating counter clockwise and will be able to travel past auto when rotating clockwise.

Function check it after you install it. Make sure it goes from semi to safe with the bolt forward and locked to the rear.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 6:59:30 PM EDT
[#43]
What gas block can be used to replace the FSP on a 14.5” SOCOM barrel for use with a DD RISII?
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By themissinglink:
What gas block can be used to replace the FSP on a 14.5” SOCOM barrel for use with a DD RISII?
View Quote

MK12 is the clone correct gas block, OperationParts has Badger Ordnance in stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

It was designed for the Mk12 gas block but most anything low profile will work including a cut down FSB.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 12:35:49 AM EDT
[#46]

Are PRI risers and Troy foregrips clone correct? Because if not they should be.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Tactical_Bucket:
https://imgur.com/ynVbEYm.jpg
Are PRI risers and Troy foregrips clone correct? Because if not they should be.
https://imgur.com/xLGI9f7.jpg
View Quote

Is that a factory FDE M84 Gas Buster?
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:13:52 PM EDT
[#48]
https://i.imgur.com/lhLdfei.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/49DxVZ1.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PDC3KqL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/NHbNji9.jpg

Finally got mine put together and some pictures taken last night, lets see if it rustles some jimmies with the optic and can.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 9:19:30 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

Technically the MK12 gas block. I had a Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel with FSB, and sent everything to John Thomas of Retro Arms Works to shave and repark the FSB to fit under the RISII. He also does the best P/W I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 9:37:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By RobM937:

Technically the MK12 gas block. I had a Colt 14.5" SOCOM barrel with FSB, and sent everything to John Thomas of Retro Arms Works to shave and repark the FSB to fit under the RISII. He also does the best P/W I've ever seen.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RobM937:

I second John’s work
Page / 905
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top