User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 905
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CMCctx:
I know it's been discussed before but I can't remember or find the verdict. Did any FSB Block II use M4 contour barrels?
View Quote

Remember they took standard M4A1 Block I guns and added a new rail.  Barrel can either be Govt profile or SOCOM.  I've installed both with or without FSB.

CD
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 10:19:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#4]
Attachment Attached File

If I had both barrels on hand, I would give the shooter a choice.  Yes, I would have to remove the FSB, handguard cap and barrel nut.  Reinstall with the DD barrel nut on, install rail then retap the taper pins back into barrel/FSB.

CD
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:54:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CMCctx] [#5]
Thanks CD! Now I just have to find a FSB rail!

Actually further clarification that has no bearing on anything really: were any Block II built new, or were all converts?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 12:20:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#6]
Thanks CD! Now I just have to find a FSB rail!

Actually further clarification that has no bearing on anything really: were any Block II built new, or were all converts?
View Quote

Rebuilds as there is no Block II built by a commercial facility and then bought by DoD.  All are M4A1s converted to the standard.  Just as URGI's are rebuilt off URGs/Block IIs.

CD
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:07:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Can someone please pm me with ankratz's contact info?  Looking to get my Exps3-0 cerakoted and laser engraved to be clone correct.
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 9:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/12/2021 2:21:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Clone correct selectors back in stock.
View Quote

I’m surprised these aren’t gone already. These have been nearly impossible to find. I grabbed 3 when I saw the email notice.lol probably should have gotten more.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 12:05:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Crogers23:

I'm surprised these aren't gone already. These have been nearly impossible to find. I grabbed 3 when I saw the email notice.lol probably should have gotten more.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Crogers23:
Originally Posted By pezboytate:
Clone correct selectors back in stock.

I'm surprised these aren't gone already. These have been nearly impossible to find. I grabbed 3 when I saw the email notice.lol probably should have gotten more.
And...GONE
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm looking to get a new scope mount for my Razor 1-6, and was wondering, has the ADM Recon-H been spotted? Or just the standard height ADM Recon? I would get a Geissele, but they're out of stock everywhere and I'm interested in ADM now.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:05:16 AM EDT
[#12]
I know it's been asked before but, again, I can't find it in the pages. Someone asked if B E Meyers 249F was ever seen on Block II. Someone else chimed in that they were mainly seen on the 10.3". Has ANYONE seen a 249F on a Block II? Even individual purchase?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:30:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Threw the SU-279A/PVS ECOS-O on the Block II to mock up a NSW Recce before I take apart the upper.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
https://i.imgur.com/J2OEJaH.jpg
Threw the SU-279A/PVS ECOS-O on the Block II to mock up a NSW Recce before I take apart the upper.
View Quote

Always liked the Nsw flavored B2s.
(Pics are reposts.)

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 1:38:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cmcflex] [#15]
I know it's been asked before but, again, I can't find it in the pages. Someone asked if B E Meyers 249F was ever seen on Block II. Someone else chimed in that they were mainly seen on the 10.3". Has ANYONE seen a 249F on a Block II? Even individual purchase?
View Quote

That's gonna be a tough one to find if it's ever happened.

That said, it's been used on HK416 14.5 recce-ish rifles. You can follow the logic of a 14.5 recce but with a RIS II and roll your own; yes, I recognize this is a "clone" thread but I take the (possibly unpopular) position that using legit clone parts in somewhat obscure combinations is still "cloney." The NSW versions pictured above all have FH556-RCs, so that may negate this logic somewhat...or a lot, depending on who you ask.

ETA: M4A1 BII pic thread

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#16]
You already have some of my fav recces in there but ill add some more.

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Anyone have pictures of a block II with a razor 1-6?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:05:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#19]
At the request of wmx200s mounted at the 6 o'clock.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/16/2021 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:39:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Hey folks, thought I'd drop in here as after a few years of kicking it around I've decided to start a block ii fsp inspired build.

Just picked this upper up in the EE (thanks KosherNRA):

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/Colt-Socom-Block-2-upper-clone-correct-with-Stag-lower-for-a-sweet-deal-/159-2102359/

Which atleast gets me about halfway done lol

A question I have, as I've seen a handful of you guys with them, is are the colt tanondized or geissele ddc receiver extensions correct? Whenever they get posted i dont think people really mention them.

Otherwise, I'm super excited to get this done and my wallet will totally not hate me
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Still waiting on my M203 receiver.

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 2:22:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ehtacs] [#24]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
Still waiting on my M203 receiver.

https://i.imgur.com/3XeGBVO.jpg
View Quote
Nice! Good call on the M4QD... KAC/A2 should minimize how much carbon gets caked on the front of your M203 barrel. While you're waiting for the receiver, consider getting on the list for an MWS ladder, too. Stupid accurate with the M203 affixed to the rail. Blows my M16A2's wobbly handguard out of the water and lets me drop chalk inside a small window at least 90 yards away. Got the right spot for it measured up with Block 1 parts:

Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Anyone have any pictures of a GL/SSC FSB?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 8:37:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pezboytate] [#26]
Originally Posted By julyAZ:
Anyone have any pictures of a GL/SSC FSB?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

These are from Crane.

Attachment Attached File

This is from DD. It uses their barrel which is a little longer.
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:25:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Thank you.   Do we know if these were ever developed, even if only in Single digits beyond, the prototype stage?
Link Posted: 2/18/2021 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By julyAZ:

Thank you.   Do we know if these were ever developed, even if only in Single digits beyond, the prototype stage?
View Quote

There was probably only one or two made.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 5:48:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Link Posted: 2/23/2021 1:16:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone happen to have a spare RIS II barrel nut?
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 2:42:59 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/23/2021 3:02:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LsuJon] [#32]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

Email DD. They will most likely send you one free of charge. Years ago Jackie from DD sent me a mount up plate, barrel nut, and all hardware for free and she did it for multiple others as well.
View Quote
Appreciate the info! I had missed out on them restocking the hardware package on their website.

edit: pic thread

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#34]
That’s nice photo. Thanks for sharing that one.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 8:27:13 PM EDT
[#35]
This is purely a mockup with another builds lower, but it's coming together now! Colt upper and SOCOM 14.5 barrel, KAC 600m rear sight, Colt BCG, B5 Gen1 SOPMOD, and colt taupe A2 grip.

PRI gasbuster is on the way!

Still collecting the rest!

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 12:33:20 AM EDT
[#36]
My god I’ve aged a decade with this thread. It’s been a while, here is an oldie.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:38:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#37]
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
My god I’ve aged a decade with this thread. It’s been a while, here is an oldie.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263514/32C2962C-F51C-466A-97FD-CC864F8D448B_jpe-1841692.JPG
View Quote

This picture confuses my brain
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:34:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 2Keylows:
https://i.imgur.com/VI98tEc.jpg
View Quote
Very nice.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By brodband8:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GAshooter11:
My god I've aged a decade with this thread. It's been a while, here is an oldie.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/263514/32C2962C-F51C-466A-97FD-CC864F8D448B_jpe-1841692.JPG

How so?
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 1:42:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
How so?
View Quote

Good money in guns/optics.  airsoft peqs lol.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#41]

View Quote
I remember this pic from very early in the thread where peqs were no where near as available as they are now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I remember this pic from very early in the thread where peqs were no where near as available as they are now.
View All Quotes

Yup.

Back in those days, the civilian version of the AN/PEQ-15 wasn't available like it is now - it was fairly common in those early days of cloning to use airsoft ones - and really just for pictures.

I still go back and forth on getting the ATPIAL-C - as much as I want one, it would literally sit on top of my gun just looking pretty - I'd never use it for its intended purpose, which requires another $5-7k (at least) worth of NV shit to really do what it's designed to do.

Who knows though, I have a lot of shit that isn't very practical, so "never say never" as the saying goes - maybe I'll change my mind.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By wayfaerer320:

I still go back and forth on getting the ATPIAL-C - as much as I want one, it would literally sit on top of my gun just looking pretty - I'd never use it for its intended purpose, which requires another $5-7k (at least) worth of NV shit to really do what it's designed to do.
View Quote
Haha this. I also can't get over how expensive they are while still looking like airsoft quality junk. It'd kill me to spend that sorta money on something that looks and feels cheaper than a DBAL but even the fancier DBALs aren't clone correct.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 12:42:10 AM EDT
[#44]
ok im at a breaking point IM DONE WITH COLT.  the lowers are just stupid expensive at this point and im ready to look at FN * shivers*. I wish  CD had an image archive i could just browse through instead of this  awful site with such poor search. But im wondering if someone can save me some time. When it comes to FN lowers, do they have an equivalent to the "property marked" lowers from colt, that is the as close as you can get 2 hole lower?
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 1:30:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By oneofus:
ok im at a breaking point IM DONE WITH COLT.  the lowers are just stupid expensive at this point and im ready to look at FN * shivers*. I wish  CD had an image archive i could just browse through instead of this  awful site with such poor search. But im wondering if someone can save me some time. When it comes to FN lowers, do they have an equivalent to the "property marked" lowers from colt, that is the as close as you can get 2 hole lower?
View Quote
I'm pretty sure what your looking for is their "military collectors series ". You best bet will always be an 80% lower though
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 4:18:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#46]
View Quote

Don't you remember the trainer peqs?  Was basically a fully visible only version.  I had one that I ordered directly from insight.  This was well before the atpial-c ever came out.

I do know a few guys that have like 10 full powered peqs now and don't even own NV. I'll never understand it.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:10:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Don't you remember the trainer peqs?  Was basically a fully visible only version.  I had one that I ordered directly from insight.  This was well before the atpial-c ever came out.

I do know a few guys that have like 10 full powered peqs now and don't even own NV. I'll never understand it.
View Quote
Hahah I forgot about that thing! Dudes paying allot of money for a fancy looking pen laser. Then insight announced at shot show the CIVL LOL
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
How so?

Gotcha. Glanced over that. If I remember correctly, Those were big around the time everyone had glow sticks on their stocks. I remember a time with lots of Kak arm stabilizers and glow sticks. Don't see em too much anymore.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 9:17:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NeedsMoreMausers] [#49]
Anyone have any leads on a colt M4 carbine lower (aside from lurking on EE)?

Also, are colt patent ambi mag releases kosher/ever seen in the wild?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 7:16:33 AM EDT
[#50]
I might be being dense here but I can't figure out the purpose of the threaded hole on the top of the non-FSB rail. Anyone care to enlighten me?
Page / 905
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top