Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2022 7:35:32 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I'm trying to build a 16" M4 clone, and I noticed one of the key differences between a civilian AR and an M4 is the addition of the side sling mount on the FSB.

Does anyone know where I can buy one of these side mounts? Are they expensive? Can I install it on a pre-existing FSB or do I have to get a special front sight to accommodate it?

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 7:44:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I have purchased all of my recent M4 side sling mounts from Rock River Arms.  It's the best price that I can find.

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1572

All of them have had the Cage Code:  83005

They have work perfectly for me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:47:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

OP is looking for issued style that goes over the barrel, like the Colt one posted above.
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 10:47:51 PM EDT
[#5]
RRA
Stag Arms.
Brownells
Shark Arms Customs
The EE here.

ETA: Fits any std forged FSB. Just be sure to source according to barrel size (some mounts fit only 0.750", others 0.625") and then there are some that have a provision for both sizes....

Attachment Attached File

Install is EZPZ, 2 halves fit together,  2 roll pins.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2022 11:19:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Awesome! I really appreciate all the responses. That Rock River Arms one looks great and doesn't seem too expensive. I think I'll plan on picking up one of those.
Link Posted: 2/25/2022 6:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]
The Stag ones are the same as GI/Colt.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top