Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2020 11:59:18 PM EDT
Has anyone tried their M300 head? I have a spare body and was thinking about trying one. I have used Malkoff heads in the past.  

Lumens Factory auction
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:47:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Also curious. I have a scout body with no head and if these are reliable I might snag one.

They make heads and drop in LED upgrades for a bunch of different lights. (See website)

Anyone know if they are actually potted and hold up to recoil?

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:59:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Also curious. I have a scout body with no head and if these are reliable I might snag one.

They make heads and drop in LED upgrades for a bunch of different lights. (See website)

Anyone know if they are actually potted and hold up to recoil?

https://www.lumensfactory.com/en/
View Quote

I've the P6 size and it is not as heavy as a Malkoff but well made aluminum instead of brass.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 11:42:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Ooooh, they have some very tempting options. But that must contact via email before placing an order bit because of chinoravirus means I'll be waiting a bit. Definately getting one of their 3.7v - 9v heads though.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I don’t have the specific item you’re asking about but I have 7-8 different drop ins and parts from them.  They have all been great quality.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 1:14:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don’t have the specific item you’re asking about but I have 7-8 different drop ins and parts from them.  They have all been great quality.
View Quote

Did you order direct, or is there a better or currently easier place to order from?

That due chinoravirus you must contact us before purchase banner  at the top of their main page is a bit of a turn off right now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of their LED replacements for an older streamlight, I   was more concerned with how it dealt with recoil.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have one of their LED replacements for an older streamlight, I was more concerned with how it dealt with recoil.
View Quote

Hmm... well, there are complaints of the streamlight protac railmount hl-x flickering under recoil, and yet mine don't flicker at all during live fire. However, I can get them to flicker by pulling the charging handle all the way back and releasing ironically. To make matters worse, when I do the same with my m600dfs, they flicker and then lose power until they're only emitting like 10 lumens. I have to turn them off and back on to get them working again. And the surefires even have a spring loaded positive plate.

Omg, somehow posted my streamlights do flicker under live fire instead of don't, they do not flicker under live fire.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 7:47:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hmm... well, there are complaints of the streamlight protac railmount hl-x flickering under recoil, and yet mine don't flicker at all during live fire. However, I can get them to flicker by pulling the charging handle all the way back and releasing ironically. To make matters worse, when I do the same with my m600dfs, they flicker and then lose power until they're only emitting like 10 lumens. I have to turn them off and back on to get them working again. And the surefires even have a spring loaded positive plate.

Omg, somehow posted my streamlights do flicker under live fire instead of don't, they do not flicker under live fire.
View Quote

Hmm... doesn't sound great
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As far as the surefires are concerned? No it doesn't, I was utterly surprised when it happened and am still in a bit of disbelief.

The whole shebang started because of how unimpressed i have been with my new (at the time) m600dfs.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/Tired-of-Surefire-M600DF-Streamlight-Protac-HL-X-rail-mount-instead-/20-749399/

To their credit though, they neither flicker nor die under live fire.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Test-your-weapon-lights-/20-750669/

I think that last linked thread died because I didn't explain that I was looking for data of how weapon lights flicker or die, nothing else.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I have one of the LED replacement heads for a handheld light and it has been great so far. I haven't put one on a rifle but am ordering some spares for just that purpose.

I disassembled the light to pot the electronics (using a thermal potting compound... Super easy if you're handy with a soldering iron and epoxy). I have banged it around pretty heavily and haven't seen any issues.

Once I have a spare I will test them more thoroughly
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 1:27:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Did you order direct, or is there a better or currently easier place to order from?

That due chinoravirus you must contact us before purchase banner  at the top of their main page is a bit of a turn off right now.
View Quote

I ordered direct but this was years ago.
Link Posted: 5/26/2020 10:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ordered direct but this was years ago.
View Quote

Gotcha, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/2/2020 4:24:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Seems like its ebay or direct.  I have their dropin for  a SF E1e, its ok but nothing to get excited about.  I wouldnt buy another.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top