Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2019 1:37:56 PM EDT
Been using Lucas for a while, after it sits it turns dark brown and thickens up a bit.  Never seen any other oil do this without use.
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you using the extreme duty or the red regular Lucas oil?
Link Posted: 9/21/2019 7:19:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Extreme
Link Posted: 9/22/2019 9:30:40 PM EDT
[#3]
That is strange, I have 2 bottles that are over a year old that still look green and feel like the same consistency.
Link Posted: 9/27/2019 2:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
In bottle is fine, after being on the gun for a while it seems to turn a dark brown and looks like preservative.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 3:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is strange, I have 2 bottles that are over a year old that still look green and feel like the same consistency.
View Quote
Green? Every bottle I've ever seen is light blue.
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 12:10:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I use the red stuff often. I also use the blue grease where grease is needed in some applications. Yes, it does lose its "clean" color after a while. Never had a problem with either the oil or grease but tend to agree that it is likely overpriced due to labeling as a gun oil. Would probably be better served by a tube of marine grease and ledtover syn oil change remnants for less money.

ETA: when my current stash is gone I'm going to use Mobil 1 remnants and a tube of marine grease for probably the rest of my life.
Link Posted: 12/26/2019 8:06:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I know this is an old thread but I have not had any issues with my Lucas Gun Oil. That and the grease are both good to go in my experience. However I am switching over to ALG Go Juice just to change things up.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top