Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 7:52:52 PM EDT
After being a hardcore Streamlight user I decided to try a X300U out on my Staccato. Holy crap this switch is stiff, is there any tricks to loosen it up? TLR-1 definitely wins in the switch category.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 2:52:24 AM EDT
[#1]
You are pushing the nub on the switch inward (towards the front of the light) for momentary activation, right?

I only ask because the X300 switch is completely different from the TLR-1.  Pushing the switch downward or upward on the X300 is supposed to be stiff because that’s how you activate constant on.
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 3:34:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The PHLSTER ARC switches are a cheap and easy replacement that give you a little more leverage on the switch.
Link Posted: 2/19/2021 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You are pushing the nub on the switch inward (towards the front of the light) for momentary activation, right?

I only ask because the X300 switch is completely different from the TLR-1.  Pushing the switch downward or upward on the X300 is supposed to be stiff because that's how you activate constant on.
View Quote
+1.

push forward for momentary (the proper way to use a weapon light)
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 6:40:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I only ask because the X300 switch is completely different from the TLR-1.  Pushing the switch downward or upward on the X300 is supposed to be stiff because that’s how you activate constant on.
View Quote

This.  I thought that surefire switches were terrible until someone showed
me you can just push forward for momentary (I thought you had to toggle it up/down) .  Way better controls than streamlight I think.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 1:13:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I’ve spent the last week playing with it and getting used to it. I did take the advice and order the ARC switches. I’ve tried getting used to pushing it in but I’m still not 100% yet. Luckily zoom calls give me plenty of time to practice.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
+1.

push forward for momentary (the proper way to use a weapon light)
View Quote

Until you’re holding someone at gunpoint in the dark and need a hand to activate your radio...or push a branch out of your way to improve your position or gain more visibility while crawling on your hands and knees through thick brush...or open a car door or...recover something off the ground...or do any other number of tasks while maintaining visual.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 6:34:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Until you’re holding someone at gunpoint in the dark and need a hand to activate your radio...or push a branch out of your way to improve your position or gain more visibility while crawling on your hands and knees through thick brush...or open a car door or...recover something off the ground...or do any other number of tasks while maintaining visual.
View Quote

Then you can use your trigger finger on your shooting hand or go permanently on. Sounds like someone does not have much weapon light experience.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Yea, your probably right...not much experience. I work a Swing shift so it is only dark 4-5 hours a night while I’m on duty 5 days a week. Yes, constant on is a very good way of using a WML...like I said above. Just saying that momentary activation is not the only “proper” way to use a WML. There are many situations where turning your light on and leaving it on is necessary to perform other tasks. Dude, keep up.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 11:41:16 PM EDT
[#9]
X300U switches are definitely stiffer than the Streamlight TLR-1's. My X300U was pretty stiff new but they did loosen up some. It's still stiff but not as much as before. You can look into the DG switch for your X300U, its basically a grip switch.

Just a side note. I have both the Streamlight and Surefire pistol lights. The Streamlight switch is easier to activate but if you have to shoot one handed (left or right), I found the Surefire easier to use since you activate constant on the same way you would right or left side of the light.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:35:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Then you can use your trigger finger on your shooting hand or go permanently on. Sounds like someone does not have much weapon light experience.
View Quote

I was always taught trigger fingers are for pulling triggers, never for activating a weapon light....I’ve never had any professional instructor tell me to do that, ever.  All of them have told me not to do that.  Can you do it?  If you have no other option yes of course. Last formal low light course I took was with Yeti.

I use momentary plenty, but when it comes to getting the gun out quickly and intending to fire, I want my normal grip and the light on. Easy enough to go back to momentary if needed.

Either way to keep this on topic, the light will break in over time and the switches will get a little easier to run. You’ll get used to it and frankly it’s a better setup than streamlights
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:31:16 AM EDT
[#11]
which model do you have X300U a or b ?
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top