Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2018 4:46:47 PM EDT
Are Tennessee Arms Poly Hybrid good to go? Or would Anderson lowers at the same price be a better bet?

ETA: Open to other suggestions as well.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:54:58 PM EDT
[#1]
aluminum over poly always.....   I like the Andersons when they do their 29.99 sale....  tough to beat.   Aero is a great receiver if you don't mind paying a bit more..... the added value is there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Anderson is junk
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:58:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anderson is junk
View Quote
In your opinion, on the other hand, there are hundreds of us that own and use them with no problems at all.

Calling something junk with no explanation is basically a moot statement.

OP, with the price of aluminum now a days, there is no reason to use poly lowers.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Anderson is junk
View Quote
you may own one and not know it.  they make them for lotsa other outfits
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:06:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck polymer lowers.  At the price you can buy forged aluminum lowers like Anderson, there's no sane reason buy polymer.

OP, check out Palmetto State Armory - $49.99  http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
I have several of these and have never had an issue.

For a nicer quality lower with some added features like a tapped rear detent and tension adjustment, take a look at Aero Precision.  
Shop around for sales and they can be had for under $80.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:13:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:18:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fuck polymer lowers.  At the price you can buy forged aluminum lowers like Anderson, there's no sane reason buy polymer.

OP, check out Palmetto State Armory - $49.99  http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar-15-lower-safe-fire-1728.html
I have several of these and have never had an issue.

For a nicer quality lower with some added features like a tapped rear detent and tension adjustment, take a look at Aero Precision.  
Shop around for sales and they can be had for under $80.
View Quote
I saw the PSA lowers, debating those because of the amount of time PSA takes sometimes. I was going to get a couple Aero lowers from Primary arms today, but they're out now. Then I saw the price of the Poly and Anderson lowers. All my builds so far have been with Spikes lowers, but those don't seem to be on sale. Thanks for the help guys!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:00:19 PM EDT
[#9]
The stuff I have ordered from PSA the last few months have got to me in a reasonable amount of time, unless during the holidays they are normally pretty good for me.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Anderson's are fine. You can get them $40 each at AIM surplus. Buy a dozen and save them for a rainy day
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Anderson's are fine. You can get them $40 each at AIM surplus. Buy a dozen and save them for a rainy day
View Quote
I was going to order the 50 pack, but I think i should give my FFL a heads up,, he isn't going to like that.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 1:03:20 AM EDT
[#12]
you can get Aero lowers here for $56.99 it is where I got my last one.

Aero
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:39:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

OMG.  I have built on 10 with zero issues and now I find out they are "junk"?!?

Dammit.

OP...Anderson lowers are gtg. A forged lower is a forged lower so long as it's in spec.  Don't let the brandwhores
sway you.

I'd avoid poly, but that's just another opinion.
View Quote
Got email from JoeBobs last night teh Spikes were on sale... $93
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:05:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Anderson is junk
View Quote
officerX is wrong.
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
you can get Aero lowers here for $56.99 it is where I got my last one.

Aero
View Quote
1800gunsandammo.com has the same Gen2 Aero lower for $49.99  https://www.1800gunsandammo.com/products/aero-precision-stripped-ar15-gen-2-lower-receiver-apar501101 .
Link Posted: 2/28/2018 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

1800gunsandammo.com has the same Gen2 Aero lower for $49.99  https://www.1800gunsandammo.com/products/aero-precision-stripped-ar15-gen-2-lower-receiver-apar501101 .
View Quote
THANKS!
Link Posted: 3/1/2018 12:53:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
thats a good price but out of stock now and e-arms shipped free but they are out of stock too.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 5:33:56 PM EDT
[#19]
With the current firearms debate, affordable lowers are getting harder to find. I just ordered 3 from Primary Arms for $39.99 ea.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Anderson is junk
View Quote
Still rathre have an Anderson over a poly.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
OMG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anderson is junk
OMG.
Poor horsey

OP, as stated, I would avoid anything that is plastic, other than possibly the CAV Arms unit.  I would still pick a good forged lower over even that.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#22]
With the current gun debate going on, I buy every Spikes lower i come across at gun shows/LGS in the $90-95/each range regardless of the stamp mark. It's worth it to me to buy mid range lowers by a respectable company when I am thinking not only about my kids, but my kids's kids. A good quality lower should last many generations.
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 8:43:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/6/2018 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Anderson is junk
View Quote
Not in my experience or that of thousands of others.  Stripped lowers today are a commodity item. All are essentially equally reliable.

I have a high end build precision Recce with the best of everything shooting sub 1/2 MOA. Probably $2,000 in it exclusive of optics.

But,  my go-to little HD carbine is based on the hunble Anderson stripped lower.  It is no less reliable.  Just doesn't have a snooty role mark.

Notice the uniform anodizing, the tight fit to the upper, and how the forge contours match those of the upper.  All holes are drilled precisely.  Magazines fit properly.  I could not ask for more, and it was $50 including the FFL paperwork.  You will notice some rather pricey other components to this build, but no reason to waste money on the stripped lower.

Link Posted: 3/8/2018 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Do not buy anything but a 100% metal lower/upper.
It boggles my mind that there is even a market for plastic lowers.  The price difference between the 2 is miniscule.
The AR15 is light as it is.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top