Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2018 10:39:32 PM EDT
I have a Radical Firearms upper chambered in 7.62 x 39 and am not sure which chamber tool to get. Looking at reviews I see that some people say that the tools for the 7.62 x 39 don't fit their AR variant. I don't have an AR 15 chambered in 223/556 to compare the chamber and bolt size. If anyone has a chamber and bolt cleaning tool like Otis, Avid, Talon or Battle Steel type then which  caliber tool are you using and how do you like it. Thanks for any info in advanced.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 12:51:49 PM EDT
[#2]
cdnn has a chamber brush.

If you're talking about things like those star shaped things for cleaning the barrel extension I think they should fit all calibers the same, as they use the same barrel extension.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 3:07:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I use an AR 10 .308 chamber brush on my AR 15 in 7.62x39. Like the 5.56 brush, it's got the wider band of steel wires to get in the lug cutouts.

But yea, if we're talking about that cleaning tool that takes the cleaning pads cut to fit the lug cutouts in the chamber, it's the same for both 5.56 and 7.62x39. Only the chamber itself and the cutout on the bolt face is different.
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 5:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
try different shotgun brushes until you find ones that fit good
Link Posted: 2/12/2018 10:10:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the input, I'll look into those options.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top