Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2020 5:32:14 PM EDT
Looking for a well build AR recommendations since I am a newbie to AR (more of AK guy here)
Here are some facts.

1. Have LMT complete lower w/ SB 3 brace  available for the build.
2. Whatever I do, I will send to my gun smith who is great at what he does.
3. I was told Rosco barrel is good. Is it really? for 11.5"  
4. Role will be my office/car AR Pistol. Reliability will be a key rather than cost.
5. I don't want cheap parts but rather spend more to cry once.
6. Have Geissele 9.5" SMR MK4 rail. would this looking too short for 11.5" barrel? I will run suppressor like DA Sandmans.
7. Debating muzzle device between Son of Liberty or Jmac. for DA series cans. Which will be better?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Get whatever upper and stick a toolcraft bcg in it and a good barrel
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#2]
For barrels id look at centurion arms , Fn , colt or larue for a solid performing barrel. The rail just depends on how much room you want for your grip and accessories. Im waiting on a sandman s and i went with dead airs qd brake.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 5:32:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I used two Spikes Tactical CHF lightweight 11.5 barrels in my 2 most recent builds, Im really liking them.

Also if you are going to have someone build it look at Retro Arms Works, He did a couple for me an are really good and fast.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#5]
DD CHF barrels are good to go. They make some of the best barrels out their.

I thought about piecing the upper together but just ended up with a BCM upper.
I’ve been very pleased with it.

Attachment Attached File

Edit parts list

BCM lightweight mcmr 11.5 upper
Toolcraft BCG
PSA stealth lower
G SSA
Cmmg lower parts
BCM CH
BCM grip
AAC 51T FH (M4-2000 in ATF jail).
SL protac rail on a Magpul Mount
MI combat sights
Sig R4 mil-spec
Fortis Mount
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Not saying they are the best, but you may want to look into Sionics barrels. They make them with restricted and extreme restricted gas ports for suppressed use in addition to standard sizing. They are held in high regard.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want simple and reliable, just pick up a complete BCM upper.
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 7:08:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Looking for a well build AR recommendations since I am a newbie to AR (more of AK guy here)
Here are some facts.

1. Have LMT complete lower w/ SB 3 brace  available for the build.
2. Whatever I do, I will send to my gun smith who is great at what he does.
3. I was told Rosco barrel is good. Is it really? for 11.5"  
4. Role will be my office/car AR Pistol. Reliability will be a key rather than cost.
5. I don't want cheap parts but rather spend more to cry once.
6. Have Geissele 9.5" SMR MK4 rail. would this looking too short for 11.5" barrel? I will run suppressor like DA Sandmans.
7. Debating muzzle device between Son of Liberty or Jmac. for DA series cans. Which will be better?

Thanks!
View Quote
My 11.5" Rosco barrel is GTG.
Once I got the right buffer weight, I've never had a hiccup with it.
I really like the assembled uppers from BCM, the barrels fit really tight into the receiver, which is nice.
Don't know much about the muzzle devices you listed sorry.

Link Posted: 4/28/2020 2:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you have a budget, because you have a lot of options. You could take the easy way and get a complete upper, in the 7 to 1k or so range you looking at the larue ultimate kit is supposed to be nice for around 800 bucks, a complete BCM upper with BCG , a centurion upper, sionics, SOLGW. All are in that range and all are really good. If you paying someone to put it together anyway why not just get one complete from a company. Toss that upper oin your lower and your off....
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 5:05:06 PM EDT
[#10]
I think it is good idea to get a complete upper receiver but the problem is I do have Geissele rail and charging handles. So trying to utilize what I have.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/29/2020 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd suggest an LMT, Colt, BCM, or FN barrel with chrome lining.  Pair it with a BCM upper receiver for a nice tight fit.  Don't have any input on the muzzle device, get whichever one looks best and works with your planned suppressor.  At 11.5 inches, muzzle flash is pretty extreme, so all flash hiders are challenged when shooting low light sans suppressor.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I would just get a complete BCM upper. I have three and they are all excellent.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 9:47:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Rosco is GTG, better accuracy then BCM from my experience.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 10:45:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Remington Defense 11.5” upper. Built  using the BCM Demo upper (whatever you do, use the heat gun as the directions say), BCM MCMR 7” hand guard (pretty complete hand guard), BCM Mod 3 charging handle, Daniel Defense FA BCG, and  Matech BUIS. The Remington 11.5” barrels were DOD/foreign military sales contracts overruns (Most likely from the Philippines military sales contracts), have .070 gas ports, SOCOM profile, and most likely CHF barrels. I paid $179 USD from CDNN, but now they are $199 USD. Fantastic barrel
Link Posted: 5/14/2020 9:18:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Barrel is the heart and soul of an ar in regards to accuracy, spend the money on a DD barrel,you won’t be disappointed.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top