Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/8/2021 7:14:26 PM EDT
Greetings all,
I'm in the market for a Red Dot type sight for my duty AR.  I won't mount a made in China optic on my weapons; had enough of China lately.

So, besides Leupold, who makes a Red Dot style of optic either in the USA or at least in a county that is not bent on our economic destruction?

Looking forward to the reading.
Thanks,
Gos
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#1]
InRangeTV has a series on American red dots.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Trijicon
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:32:49 PM EDT
[#3]
MRO,
Aimpoint PRO, T1 etc,
Primary arms has a top tier version that's made in asia ( not china)
leupold but initial reports were poor.

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:38:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Trijicon and Aimpoint. Eotech/Insight if you want to expand to holo or micro dots.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:40:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Just get an Aimpoint and be done forever. If you need to save some $, MRO is a great value. I do like that they are local for me.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 7:43:25 PM EDT
[#6]
He said USA. Aimpoint is made in Sweden. Yes, I did see the part about "other countries" just not China. I just listed a USA company.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:23:31 PM EDT
[#7]
It's tough finding USA made on a budget. But what about South Korean?

Bushnell Mini Cannon

Made in Korea, 4 reticles

$140

Made by DI Optical, probably

https://www.natchezss.com/bushnell-tac-optics-mini-cannon-red-dot-sight-1x23mm-multi-4-reticle-hi-rise-box-5l.html

Attachment Attached File

Edit: Just seen the thing about a duty AR.

Aimpoint Pro/Trijicon MRO bare minimum
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:28:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Browe just came out with 2 new red dot series optics and I think I'm going to pick one or both up

Brian Browe was one of the designers of the ACOG, which is why the Browe BCO looks so similar
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:58:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I have no experience with them, but have good things about the Meprolight M21, Israeli military issue, light weight and rugged, never needs batteries, but can have washout issues in some specific circumstances. I plan on getting one once things calm down some.

I have had bad experience with battery failure (ruptured in hot vehicle) that took my Aimpoint out of commission until I could clean the battery compartment.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:31:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Browe just came out with 2 new red dot series optics and I think I'm going to pick one or both up

Brian Browe was one of the designers of the ACOG, which is why the Browe BCO looks so similar
View Quote

Hate to say this. The Browe is a rebranded Holosun, paired with a UTG Super Slim Mount

Attachment Attached File

I'm sure it's really solid, especially for the money. But most likely made in china.

Attachment Attached File

Honestly isn't a bad deal. UTG super Slim Mounts are way nicer than OEM Holosun/Sig
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:49:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Hate to say this. The Browe is a rebranded Holosun, paired with a UTG Super Slim Mount

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_7896_jpg-1770555.JPG

I'm sure it's really solid, especially for the money. But most likely made in china.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333164/Website_BRO_Rev5_png-1770563.JPG

Honestly isn't a bad deal. UTG super Slim Mounts are way nicer than OEM Holosun/Sig
View Quote
Good point

I'll see if I can find clarification on that

Link Posted: 1/8/2021 9:54:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Umm. Buy an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:06:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333164/IMG_7896_jpg-1770555.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/333164/Website_BRO_Rev5_png-1770563.JPG

View Quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA the BRO. Someone laughed when they named it that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:37:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have no experience with them, but have good things about the Meprolight M21, Israeli military issue, light weight and rugged, never needs batteries, but can have washout issues in some specific circumstances. I plan on getting one once things calm down some.
View Quote

You heard wrong! Don’t waste your time, it’s a turd. You can’t even shoot from shade on a sunny day without bolting little flashlights or polarizers to it. And lightweight?!? It’s almost a pound, 50% heavier than a XPS2 and almost 4 times the weight of a T1.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#15]
The only red dot I would consider for your needs from Leupold is the LCO. If you're okay with NATO made options I would get PRO or a T2.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:05:42 AM EDT
[#16]
The Vortex UH-1 Huey is another American made option. I quite like my Gen. 1. You can find them used/refurbished for around $325.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:30:15 AM EDT
[#17]
MRO or UH-1 Gen 2.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:35:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Aimpoint PRO best deal for the money.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:51:07 AM EDT
[#19]
I’d get an Aimpoint T2 and never wonder if I bought the best
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:27:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Aimpoint PRO best deal for the money.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Thank you one and all.
You've given me quite the list to research.
Out of the group, who's got the best warranty besides Leupold?
Thanks again!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:10:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Vortex most likely. They’re active wherever you go and always hook you up if something goes wrong. They’re the gold standard as far as I’m concerned.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:06:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thank you one and all.
Thanks again!
View Quote

Vortex, but only their UH-1 is made in America. The rest are made in Japan, Philippines, and China. It’s impossible to beat their warranty though.

Aimpoint is solid too. Made in Sweden but good customer service out of Virginia. I’ve broken and needed parts for a lot of old Aimpoints and they’ve always repaired or sent parts out free of charge no questions asked.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 5:35:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Vortex, but only their UH-1 is made in America. The rest are made in Japan, Philippines, and China. It’s impossible to beat their warranty though.

Aimpoint is solid too. Made in Sweden but good customer service out of Virginia. I’ve broken and needed parts for a lot of old Aimpoints and they’ve always repaired or sent parts out free of charge no questions asked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thank you one and all.
Thanks again!

Aimpoint, as long as it's a valid SN and not a fake, will fix your issues always.  No questions.

And they rarely need to given how bomb proof they are.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#25]
I hate to do it, but it's looking like I'll go with an EOTECH.

Back in the day, I spent a lot of hard earned cash on a Trijicon Tri-power. It was a bit heavy but a great sight, right up to the point where the adjustments broke.
I called to send it in knowing that unlike Leupold, I'd have to pay to get it fixed. What I did not expect was their reply. "I'm sorry, but we no longer do any repairs on these, paid or otherwise. See link to our current catalog".  NUTS!

Just about all of the EOTECH line is range approved, and I like that crisp dot.
Thanks again all for your suggestions.
Stay Sharp, Stay Safe. 2021 is going to be hard on gun owners!
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Aimpoint Pro.  My oldest one has bounced around on my old DPMS M4orgery for years hunting coyotes and just being a farm/ranch/pest control rifle.  It is subject to 100 F to -40 F, snow, rain, mud, dirt, falling out of ATVs and vehicle doors.  I'm hard on it.

Runs like a scuffed up champ.  It always turns on with a quick twist of the knob and if you swap your battery out every couple years you wont have an issue.  I trust it to turn on every single time.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:47:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Aimpoint, as long as it's a valid SN and not a fake, will fix your issues always.  No questions.

View Quote
Thats not true. The guy with the messed up threads on his T1 didn't get help.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 1:28:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

An ADM mount killed my T2 helicoils.  I bought the optic off the EE.  Sent it in and no issues...they fixed it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top